Livestream on Bots
Thread Closed 

Summary of the key points if you don't want to watch it:
  • Anti-Macroing randoms will be removed (!)
  • Bot nuke before the end of September
  • You're allowed to bot until botany bay, etc, comes out without punishment
  • Should detect ALL bots, including auto-typers
  • Monster spawn rates will NOT be increased to compensate from the population being halved
  • RWT is an issue and they're looking to create a more controlled area for gambling
  • Just trading with an account flagged as botting/RWTing can get you investigated
  • They might look at changing the 5k CW games req in the future but probably not and definitely not any time soon

That's all that jumped to mind
[Image: portus-champ-2012.png]
[Image: portus.png]
Damn...I didn't get around to finishing my buyables befor the next bot nuke. :s
Hopefully in a few months prices won't be super high like I expect they will be right after it.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Wow Justin. Thanks for posting the livestream.

Only watched a little because I'm at work but will try to watch it entirely, later at home.

I learned some very interesting things in just that short time! Good
- you can lure bots away to dangerous and annoying (to the bots) places by dropping what they're after in a trail to their doom...
- there's such a thing as a "colour sweep" where the bot looks for a particular colour and tries to click on it. You can dress in the same colour and effectively lure away bots to their doom/annoyance...
- You can detect a particular pattern of account setup that is used by bot makers...

and that was in just a few mintes!
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

It looks like Jagex is really trying to clean up the game. Time to stock up on cheap items before the price goes up!
W8, so I can bot now?
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
Was a good watch, thanks for posting. Also, they must be idiots for not understand the question about increased spawn rates lol
[Image: angusmotm.png]
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Quote:Anti-Macroing randoms will be removed (!)

So.... every single random?
Is the glass half empty or half full? Neither, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
[Image: EW4yt.gif]
The impression they gave and the forum impression suggest every single random, even better news than the bot nuke itself!

Thanks for those bits Jon, I missed the first section myself and haven't had the time to watch it yet- maybe I'll give it a miss now you've summarised it so excellently Biggrin
[Image: portus-champ-2012.png]
[Image: portus.png]
(2012-09-16 22:32:14)Portus Wrote:  [*]You're allowed to bot until botany bay, etc, comes out without punishment
(2012-09-17 05:20:38)l Zephyr l Wrote:  W8, so I can bot now?

That's not at all what they were saying. They were responding to the question of "what if all the accounts stop botting right after the botany bay update?" and they basically answered that if you stopped botting the new detection software wouldn't catch you because you were no longer breaking the rules. It's sort of implied that you might be able to pull a fast one, but they didn't endorse any kind of botting at all.

(2012-09-17 07:25:01)Angus Wrote:  Was a good watch, thanks for posting. Also, they must be idiots for not understand the question about increased spawn rates lol

That part made me cringe.

Some things that stuck out to me, besides those already mentioned:
-They say that they want to give the benefit of the doubt to actual players who are tempted to run a bot to get ahead, or who stepped into a gray area or simply didn't know the rules.
-An rwt gold farming account or throwaway spam bot won't get the three chances that a normal player will get.
-They say if their detection system catches someone, they are 100% sure that player is a bot.
-The previous bot nuke worked by changing the game code to break the bots that were prevalent at the time. The new approach is to stop them by monitoring the bots to find patterns of behavior that can be detected automatically. It will be a constant battle to keep their detection up to date with new botting scripts that will change their behaviors to get around the new systems.
-Banned accounts will be deleted entirely and the usernames will be immediately freed up.
-Mod Mark's favorite color is yellow, and MMG's favorite color is blue.
-When they ban an account with discontinued rares, they put those items back in circulation.
-They say that they don't just give said rares to their personal accounts, but I think they probably do.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
Mod Mark is my favorite. smile
[Image: Srl_Deadly.png]

[Image: dick.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Future of RuneScape Livestream RickySwift 26 15,440 2012-10-05 19:10:31
Last Post: l Zephyr l
  Landmark Jagex Victory Over Bots in Legal Battle Evaluate 22 13,540 2012-02-04 08:19:20
Last Post: Wendy
  Bots Successfully Nuked Tay 20 11,809 2011-11-13 01:22:23
Last Post: Lilbod
Currency "nuking" the bots. lol Exciled 36 20,872 2011-11-01 23:12:56
Last Post: Jakee
  bots Honzy 36 23,362 2011-08-15 12:35:00
Last Post: Exciled