Bots Successfully Nuked
Thread Closed 

This quote was taken directly from RSBuddy's lead developer and owner, Jacmob, a mere 2 weeks after the ClusterFlutterer project was put in place by Jagex to stop botting.

For those of you who don't know, RSBuddy was the most widely used botting client in RuneScape.

Quote:Why have you put an end to RSBuddy’s bot client?

Bots have changed the gameplay of RuneScape. With the use of bots becoming increasingly widespread since the introduction of free trade, and the recent announcements by Jagex, it is clear that bots have become flagrantly detrimental to the game. If you’re like any of us and you enjoy playing RuneScape, you’ll have noticed that bots are anti-social and make the time you spend playing feel diminished in worth. At the same time, bots are abused heavily by gold farmers to ruin the game to a significant extent only for their profit. We hope to assist in the selfless movement by Jagex in fixing this problem and hope that you will join us in playing the game with real people.

To some this will seem like a quick change of heart. See my interview with Ability44 on YouTube.

Is this the end of all botting in RuneScape?

Yes. I am confident that you will not see the return of major bot clients to RuneScape, and that the small number of simple 'auto-clickers' and 'screen-scrapers' that remain will be dealt with very soon.

Another bot site says they’ll be up soon; why shouldn’t we believe them?

The other bot sites out there may claim for a bit longer that they will fix their bots within the next few days or weeks: Had I decided to release RSBuddy 1.5 to the public, it would have required another overhaul just a few days later. The fact that no other botting sites had any update ready by the end of last week shows how exceedingly far behind they are. Don’t hold your breath.

I know another huge MMO that hasn’t dealt with bots; what makes RuneScape different?

Removing bots from the game requires both commercial investment and the time of talented developers with other updates to work on. I haven’t seen any other company willing to take that hit; it requires a huge amount of care for the game we’re here for.

I used RSBuddy on my account, am I going to be banned?

The information we have on customers and users is private and won’t be used to ban any accounts. We hope that you have come to understand why botting has no place in the game and take this opportunity to become part of the RuneScape community.

I purchased a premium script, am I entitled to a refund?

If you purchased a script within 7 days of the update last Tuesday we will happily refund your purchase on request. Any purchases made before this time are not eligible for refunds. Information on subscription changes is available on our subscriptions page.

This is the end for bots, not for you!

It’s not only you that doesn’t have a bot client to use. RuneScape is a social game for humans to play. If you feel that there was anything botting did to keep you interested in the game, please join the discussion of what updates would remove any need for them.

More Information

BenTellsAStory interviews NoEffex, Trigoon, Arbiter and myself on YouTube.

My RSN is 'Gouraud' (after the shading algorithm). inb4 spam. I'll be on IRC as usual.

---

F.A.Q.

Were you threatened with a lawsuit?

Nope. RSBuddy is currently taking legal action against another site though.

Did you actually finish RSBuddy v1.5?

Yes (and brought it to RuneFest).

Will screen scraping ('colour') bots be taken down soon?

Yes. It's good to leave the easiest to deal with last.

Why the count-down?

We needed time to prepare for this announcement and couldn't say anything in the mean time.

I honestly couldn't be much happier to hear this news. I've been skeptical since the release of the nuke a couple of weeks ago that bots perhaps may find a way around the system yet again. This post all but confirms that the majority of botting in RuneScape is dead.

... and there was much rejoicing.
Adventurer's Log | Exp Tracker | Goals & Achievements
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
I feel the same way. I wasn't really too confident at first, but after seeing this...I'm more than happy XD.

After playing in a world of bots for such a long time, it's almost surreal ( <-- ) to be able to skill in peace ^_^.

Thanks for sharin' Tay!
[Image: your+ad+10.jpg]
Saw this earlier, haven't laughed so hard in quite a while. Super funny that Jacmob basically trolled his entire userbase, leading them to believe he was going to release the client, only to say "goodfight guys, bots are gone, and I gave Jagex the code."

Very pleased.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
You have no idea how happy you made me by posting this. This is such great news! Jagex finally did it. Thank Guthix Wub
[Image: KittehPryde.png]
RSN: KittehPryde - Ironman RSN: FallOutPiXeY
[Image: zocnja.jpg]
[Image: 33cyesl.jpg] [Image: 2445z76.jpg]
everything happens for a reason.
live today, like tomorrow is your last.
it's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you are not.
Runescape is saved. Wub
Honestly..this past year I have seen soo many players complain, tons of talk of how the game is dying blah blah. People have been hating on Jagex left, right and centre, and well to be honest I was getting a bit fed up though for the most part I tried to defend them. The blatant obvious overload of bots is one thing that was clearly ruining the game for many players. I am so glad they are gone, so this game can be in a positive atmosphere again!
To be honest, the bot update made things kind of hard for me because I had finished a lot of my gathering skills and was starting to train buyables, then they skyrocketed. However I am in no way complaining because this will clearly benefit the game long-term, and I plan to stick around for awhile. Biggrin
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

This thread actually made me LOL, found it on RSBuddy as haven't really kept up with the whole bot nukking thing:

Quote:Giving "Being Legit" Guides! Fair Prices!
Why hello there my no longer botting friends! With Jacmob and the rest of the RSBuddy's team's recent announcement, I can see there's quite a lot of confusion among you lot when you no longer have a bot. Simple mundane tasks are leaving you stunned and clueless, but have no fear, because I am here to help you.

In my guides, I will be teaching the very basics of 'Being Legit" with my guides. I only accept Runescape Gold.

Guide to training Atk/Str/Def: 15m
Guide to training Fletching: 16m
Guide to training Prayer: 18m
Guide to training Magic: 22m
Guide to training Firemaking: 25m
Guide to training Ranged:34m
Guide to training Herblore: 38m
Guide to training Woodcutting: 40m
Guide to training Crafting: 45m
Guide to training Smithing: 54m
Guide to training Mining: 60m
Guide to training Fishing: 64m
Guide to training Thieving: 85m
Guide to training Construction: 150m
Guide to training Hunter: 180m
Guide to training Runecrafting:200m
Guide to training Agility: 220m
Guide to training Slayer: 260m
Guide to training Farming: 300m
Guide to training Summoning: 35om
Guide to training Dungeoneering: 400m
Guide to Ultimate Legitness: Total of all other guides added up.

All payments expected up front. No refunds available. (Kinda like most of you with buying bots..)

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

What others are saying about Legit Guides!!

NoLongerABot6748 said

Legit Guides changed my life. Without it, I would have never figured out the complex Slayer skill.

RSBuddyWho? Said

Thank goodness for the Woodcutting guide. I shoulda known attacking random monsters wasn't the right way to train it!

NowAProFltchr said

I was so confused and lost with the fletching skill. Every time I tried to tackle it I got so lost and dazed. I clicked what and then what? Legit Guides explained the whole ordeal out to me and now I'm fletching like a champ! Almost level 67!
^ That guy is a legend HAHA
Adventurer's Log | Exp Tracker | Goals & Achievements
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
Thanks for posting this, Tay. ^_^ I know a lot of people were skeptical about the bot nuke working long term, but after I heard how ClusterFlutterer worked, it seemed like it was really going to put a stop to bots for a REALLY long time, if not for good. It uses similar mechanics to those of other MMOs I have played; if it worked for them, why not RuneScape? That's just how I saw it, anyway. Glad to see that everything is still smooth sailin'!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! Biggrin
Rofl that was hilarious Meg. Lol
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Livestream on Bots Portus 20 12,687 2012-09-18 22:30:17
Last Post: Zooperman
  Landmark Jagex Victory Over Bots in Legal Battle Evaluate 22 13,534 2012-02-04 08:19:20
Last Post: Wendy
Currency "nuking" the bots. lol Exciled 36 20,860 2011-11-01 23:12:56
Last Post: Jakee
  bots Honzy 36 23,347 2011-08-15 12:35:00
Last Post: Exciled
  Bots... Shane 2 2,687 2011-08-02 05:27:14
Last Post: Shay