Beta Update today
Thread Closed 

08-Oct-2012 15:45:58

EoC - Beta update 08/10/12

Gameplay changes

Single & Multi-Way Wildness Combat:

Following player feedback, we have been looking into ways we can offer both Single-way and Multi-way combat within the Wilderness. Friday’s update was postponed while we made some final tweaks to this system; this option is now offered with the use of a “Single-way Wilderness” basic ability, which can be found in the Constitution section of your ability book.

This ability has a requirement of level-25 Constitution and takes 10 seconds to activate, as shown by an overhead bar underneath the health and adrenaline bars (Note: this does not display unless the ability is channeling or has just completed). Any actions performed during this time, or attacks received against you will cancel the effect from being set and reset the 10 second activation timer.

Once the ability has been successfully activated, you will be toggled from Single\Multi way wildness combat. The effect is permanent until you choose to manually toggle it back by using the ability again. The default setting is ‘Single-Way wildness combat’, and the effects of this ability only apply to combat within the wilderness.

• Single-Way Wilderness

While you are flagged as Single-way Wilderness combat, within the wilderness you will only be able to attack (and be attacked) by other players who are also flagged as Single-way Wilderness combat.

Also while flagged as single-way combat, within the Wilderness you will only be able to enter combat with one other player at any one time. This also means that your familiars won’t be able to fight your target with you, nor will other players be able to attack your familiar.

• Multi-Way Wilderness

While flagged as Multi-way Wilderness combat, you will be identified within the wilderness with a cross-swords icon above your head and you will only be able to attack (and be attacked) by other players in the Wilderness who are also flagged as Multi-way combat.

Also while flagged as Multi-way combat, you are free to attack (and be attacked) by any number of other players, at any one time, who are also flagged as Multi-way combat, but you cannot attack or be attacked any players who are flagged as single-way combat.

• Changes to Death in the wilderness

The wilderness is not meant to be a safe place! So to balance the above changes where you now have the option to be set as Single-way combat through the wilderness, we have made the ‘skulling’ effect a permanent feature that applies to death within the wilderness.

This means that you will no longer see the ‘Skull’ above your heads, however if you die in the wilderness, regardless of being flagged as Single\Multi-way combat, you will lose all carried items. You can still use the protect item prayer however, so make sure to check your ‘items kept on death’ to see what will be protected, in case you run into an unhappy ending at the hands of a Pk’er!

You are free to toggle between Single\Multi-way Wilderness combat whenever you like, but remember this ability takes 10 seconds to activate and any actions during this time, or attacks received will cancel the ability from being toggled... so don’t go planning on quickly swapping from Multi-way to Single-way combat if you run into a PK group, as that’s not going to work Wink

Graphical update to weapons + Re-statting:

Weapons from Bronze – Dragon have been given a graphical update, so be sure to check this out.

We have also re-statted ALL weapons to be more consistent and behave as expected, as well as following more player feedback and normalising damage for magical staves as it was WAY too high before.

Quests:

There have been a large number of Quest fixes within this update, with re-statting quest combat as well as fixing a number of issues where you were unable to cast specific spells onto objects, such as blowing up the barrels in Nomad's Requiem.

Details of the other fixes can be be found in the patch notes thread.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
Thanks for posting this Gohan, it all seems fine to me. smile
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Never played the beta and probably won't until it is "RS3". But I guess it is cool that they are trying to add stuff to make it look more appealing.
(2012-10-08 21:27:48)RickySwift Wrote:  Never played the beta and probably won't until it is "RS3". But I guess it is cool that they are trying to add stuff to make it look more appealing.

Same for me. From what I've heard about the beta I have no interest in trying it until it's fully polished.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
Does anyone know with the weapon changes whether they changed goliath gloves at all?

Currently they are a 2h weapon with the same stats as chaotic maul :/
[Image: angusmotm.png]
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Interesting. Thanks for the heads up.
[Image: Srl_Deadly.png]

[Image: dick.png]

(2012-10-08 23:47:21)Angus Wrote:  Does anyone know with the weapon changes whether they changed goliath gloves at all?

Currently they are a 2h weapon with the same stats as chaotic maul :/

They still have the same stats as the maul. I haven't really been following the beta so I can't say whether it's the same as before. I'll get some pictures up later.

Edit: I got the stats for all the chaotics, plus goliath gloves.

[Image: goliaths.png]

[Image: maulm.png]

[Image: rapiero.png]

[Image: offhandrapier.png]

The chaotic longsword/offhand longsword have the same stats as the rapiers.

[Image: crossbowd.png]

[Image: offhandcrossbow.png]

[Image: staffe.png]

Range ammo and magic spells have the dps stats instead of the weapons, but I think that the weapons used to add a damage bonus. I'm not sure how a mage/range offhand weapon compares with the main hand weapon now. It was previously stated that an offhand would have 50% dps compared to a main hand weapon, and that's still the case with the rapier/longsword.

[Image: equipmenu.png]

The equipment interface in the beta. I don't know if it's new, but it's new to me. Looks pretty nice, but I find it hard to see dark-colored items against that background. Actually, I have the same trouble with the current inventory screen too.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
I have a question: If you choose "multi-way wilderness" do you still get the 3 items saved upon death if you are not the instigator of combat whilst in the wilderness?

Why would anyone who is not in a pker group going to choose multi-way, unless they wanted to protect 3 items (refer question above) upon death?
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

(2012-10-09 02:48:44)old_jon Wrote:  I have a question: If you choose "multi-way wilderness" do you still get the 3 items saved upon death if you are not the instigator of combat whilst in the wilderness?

Why would anyone who is not in a pker group going to choose multi-way, unless they wanted to protect 3 items (refer question above) upon death?

Nope anyone that enters the wilderness no matter what they choose will be basically auto skulled so no protection of items cept from the prayer.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
Thanks Dave for that smile

And no that invent screen is a new update for the beta too
[Image: angusmotm.png]
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  12/12/2016 Runescape Update! PiXeYstyx 3 3,581 2016-12-14 13:31:16
Last Post: PiXeYstyx
  [Update] Children of Mah | Nautilus Pack | Thanksgiving Nick 1 2,940 2016-11-24 06:40:35
Last Post: Jerome
  [Update] Skill Pets Nick 6 7,256 2016-08-23 09:07:09
Last Post: Nick
  [Update] Invasion of Falador Jay 2 3,800 2015-10-19 18:52:57
Last Post: Jay
  What is the update cycle on runeclan? Kakerrot 6 6,278 2015-10-10 18:12:15
Last Post: Shawn