Cutscence ish thing happenining
Thread Closed 

So for a long tie no Runescape has randomly entered into like a cut-scence like thing for a few seconds when I enter certain places, such as Daemonheim, top of Trollheim or my house. It bugs me but I deal with it, however now I am training prayer at my house it will really kill my xp/hr if every time I tele to it this happens to me.

Does this happen to anyone else? Do you know what I mean? I could post pictures if necessary.
Most importantly, how can I fix this?
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Not me. Maybe lower your graphic settings? Or clear the jagex cache thingy
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
I don't think it's ever happened to me either Micah :/
Photos please? Don't think I've had this either
[Image: portus-champ-2012.png]
[Image: portus.png]
[Image: cutscence180408.png]
It like zooms in for a few seconds, and I can't click on things besides walking (which is off), then goes back to normal.

Zephyr, whats the Jagex cashe thingy?

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/fo...2,63996038

Nothing about your issue, but it explains how to clear your cache if you want to give it a shot. Also has some general advice for trying to improve game performance.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
Thanks Dave, just looking at it though I don't think it will help. My game is running perfectly fine besides this dumb zoom in certain areas, ugh. :S

Was happening at QBD for me the other day. Also, lots of disconnects while it tried to change the camera over and over. Lol.

I thought the problem was linked to OpenGL ( as that's when I first had it, forever ago ), but seems like it's not since I had this problem recently and on DirectX.

( The Jagex cache is something Jagex tells you to clear for any problem you are having with RS. It never works for anything ) Lol
[Image: Dreggstar.png]
"... is driving me mad. The images are broken. GOOD GOD FIX IT LOLOL "
The cache is pre-downloaded images/other files used in the game. If you delete it and load up the game, the game starts downloading it again, and you might see that images for prayers/spells/buttons in the menus, items in your bank, etc. take a little longer to load because they have to be downloaded again where the game would normally pull them from the cache.

The game updates the cache after updates, and files were getting corrupted and causing problems for some players, so clearing the cache was definitely a good solution some of the time. I know it worked for me when I would get the "already logged in" error.

I think they may have done something to fix the underlying issue though, because over the last few weeks the game has been downloading cache files every time I log in, and haven't had any kind of issues in that time either.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
Hmmm okay, I will try and hope it works, thanks Dave. smile

Glad it is not only my Dregg!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whats the worst thing to happen to you in 'scape? Exciled 37 20,073 2012-03-05 17:44:03
Last Post: Zooperman
  What is the first thing... Stev3 35 18,060 2011-08-06 15:51:52
Last Post: Magnus
  God Wars Dungeon – The Nex Big Thing Bug 5 7,797 2011-02-24 10:01:59
Last Post: Bug