BTS #73 - Og Blog October
Thread Closed 

Just a recap of the monthly BTS in video form.

The Sirenic Armour requires a "really high crafting level to make the equipment fully". That suggests to me its perhaps going to be degradable like gano?

New bows, probably level 90 bows to go with the Sirenic Armour and logs giving the best firemaking experience in the game.

They're buffing the dark bow, increasing its level, so perhaps this will now be lvl 90 and the new logs/bows taking its place? and adding new arrow drops to the dark beasts

Another new quest "Missing: Presumed Death" (Not a typo apparently), Egyptian mythology based.

and finally theres 2 new cosmetic costumes available on the Soloman Store
@iWader on Twitter.
No the Dark Bow is being buffed to level to 70 and the Elder bows are becoming the new level 60 bow.
There is a tiny chance the crystal trees could lead to the level 90 bow, but I highly doubt it. I would be impressed if it was, more money for slaying and skilling in one update instead of just bossing. -.- However, it would have to be delicately balanced to make sure its fast enough to be worth the money but slow enough the bow stays at a high price.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

OMG HAI MOD MARK

Wait.. so they're basically skipping the Halloween event? I don't see helping a geezer rebuild Lumby is Halloweeny. I demand my yearly dose of cheeseball holiday events!!!
[img=0x40]http://i.min.us/idZkQa.png[/img]
[img=0x200]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/137/505/zQLMZ.gif[/img]
[Image: 7WiM6jg.png]
g & a p m p r o f i l e
s t a t s (Click to View)
Wade the quest is based on Death aka Grim Reaper, he's missing after that recent guthix quest, and one of a mahjarrats has been doing his job. Arecent massacare is too much for the Mahjarrat so you have to find Death. :O
[Image: angusmotm.png]
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
(2013-10-04 23:37:09)Angus Wrote:  Wade the quest is based on Death aka Grim Reaper, he's missing after that recent guthix quest, and one of a mahjarrats has been doing his job. Arecent massacare is too much for the Mahjarrat so you have to find Death. :O

No Icthalrin one of the gods from the Desert Parthenon has been doing his job not one of the Mahjarrats. Icthalrin is the one who brought the Mahjarrat over to Gielinor from their original plane. Hence why it has the Egyptian themes.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
If you pause the video where it shows the crafting menu, it looks to me like it's going to be the same as Tectonic, with the difference being that non-bosses can drop it. I think they probably envisioned tectonic being more affordable, and that's what they're trying to do here by making the new materials more accessible. I could also see them adding the tectonic energy to more monsters, either with this update or waiting to see how it plays out.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
I prefer having BTS videos as you catch little snippets of the content as opposed to a wall of text! Pretty excited for the month ahead. Particularly looking forward to the new quest. Will be interesting to see what they've got planned! smile
Adventurer's Log | Exp Tracker | Goals & Achievements
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BTS] October 2014 Ava 7 6,656 2014-10-06 14:58:03
Last Post: Codie
  BTS #76 - Mod Mark Replies -- October Wader 1 2,193 2013-10-26 01:57:26
Last Post: Dave
  Dev Blog - Prestige Wader 39 20,859 2013-10-20 13:32:06
Last Post: Trey-
  Behind the Scenes October 2013 Wader 6 4,630 2013-10-04 03:54:28
Last Post: AlchemyHawk
  Og Blog: The Final Challenges Mini Kniight 2 2,635 2012-06-25 19:38:14
Last Post: Jay