Dev Blog - Prestige
Thread Closed 

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/dev...--prestige

So jagex are adding a prestige system to the game that allows you to reset your 99s to lvl 1 and compete on a new set of hiscores that work by the amount of times you've prestiged, rather than who got 200m first.

Each time you prestige the xp needed to level will increase 100%, so to get to 99 after you prestige for the first time you'll need to get 26M xp and the second time you prestige you'll need 39M xp, etc. The overall hiscores will work on how many times you've maxed and prestiged all skills, rather than the highest amount of prestiges on a single skill

Seems like a pretty awesome update to me, though personally i doubt i'll be resetting any skills any time soon

Edit:

You skill keep your skill levels in game, comp/max capes, etc.
@iWader on Twitter.
Seems like a pretty good update for competitive players, however i'm with you Wade, I doubt i'd reset any of my skills for a long time Tongue
Woah...

Yeah once is good for me I think! Lol
[img=0x40]http://i.min.us/idZkQa.png[/img]
[img=0x200]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/137/505/zQLMZ.gif[/img]
[Image: 7WiM6jg.png]
g & a p m p r o f i l e
s t a t s (Click to View)
Call of Duty did it better.

Just kidding. I like the idea, but tbh there are only certain skills I'd want to train past 99 in the first place, Not a priority for me tbh.
[Image: Nevyn.png]

Hi “Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be.”  - Oscar Scott Card  King2
There's a lot of outrage on the forums over this lol. Personally I don't care either way since I have never bothered for ranks. Though I would like this system to come to quests lol. Would love to be able to redo all quests.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
(2013-10-10 18:48:45)Gohankuten Wrote:  There's a lot of outrage on the forums over this lol. Personally I don't care either way since I have never bothered for ranks. Though I would like this system to come to quests lol. Would love to be able to redo all quests.

Outrage about what? It doesnt change or remove anything currently in the game, just adds a new set of hiscores giving new people a chance to compete.
@iWader on Twitter.
I'm gonna reset my constitution so I can do bossing with no health.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
Personally I like this.... even though like... my skills are so crap to reset anyways.... lol.

Good news is.... @Wicked Cj13@ can finally mine for exp again.
Is the glass half empty or half full? Neither, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
[Image: EW4yt.gif]
Well, this is interesting...
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
Can someone explain it, does it reset your xp to 0 each time you prestige? Or wat
[Image: angusmotm.png]
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Capes of Prestige Hayden 11 8,414 2014-06-25 10:31:43
Last Post: Benzoo
  BTS #73 - Og Blog October Wader 6 4,643 2013-10-06 07:28:33
Last Post: Tay
  Og Blog: The Final Challenges Mini Kniight 2 2,635 2012-06-25 19:38:14
Last Post: Jay
  Og Blog: Tradition and Challenge Mini Kniight 18 10,049 2012-06-21 19:26:03
Last Post: Chaz
  Og Blog: Skill, Variety and Fun Mini Kniight 4 3,897 2012-06-12 21:20:30
Last Post: Blackice