BXP: 21st-23rd of February
Thread Closed 

I think I'll cook up 140 Rocktail Soup, then use up my charms (should reach 22M+ Summoning XP)

After that, much Agility on my skiller I think. I need 85.
(2014-02-06 23:05:54)Rufus010 Wrote:  
(2014-02-06 22:39:44)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  Wow, I am surprised at the lack of buyable training. O_o
I guess some people really hate slow skills. Tongue

That, and the fact that buyables are near pointless during these weekends as the prices are 2-4x so it negates the xp gain.
That is definitely an exaggeration. I bought planks for construction for ~950gp, compared to a month ago at like ~720gp. That is ~30% increase, far from an 100%-400% that you said. Tongue I am sure a few buyables could get into that range, most notable summoning. In the case of summoning though, the longest parts is gathering the charms so even if you pay 2x the price and 2x the xp, it is still an advantage over usual training. The majority of buyables would not be like that though.

Just wanted to point that out since I have heard wild figures thrown around like that a fair amount.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

It all comes down to how much money you make, some people don't care to the price so it's always worth it to them as they have millions upon millions and will make no difference to them no matter how much they spend, others can't justify the increased prices just for "faster" xp at a much higher price.

Personally I'm not in any sort of rush so the cheaper the better.
Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense if you are planning on training the skill anyways. I understand if you don't have the money to buy it all, then I guess you are just out of luck. Tongue
If you do have some money but you don't train buyable during the BXP because they are "too expensive" you are using up more money in the long run, nearly every time (like I said, some exceptions). Unless the cost of the items is over 100% what it is usually is, you will be saving money.

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

But there are some that are over 100%, which was the point lol...
I know, and my point was the vast majority aren't. Tongue

Farming, Agility and Summoning are getting hammered. Just going to get 52-70 Summoning then do agility and doing farm runs inbetween.
I've been thinking lately is it better to train a buyable skill, or a skill you absolutely hate, and I've gone with the hate, so I'm doing Thieving, which is my lowest skill currently. Why do skills you like doing when you can get heaps of a skill you hate out of the way Tongue

<3 u micah Wink
[Image: angusmotm.png]
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
(2014-02-09 16:06:19)Angus Wrote:  I've been thinking lately is it better to train a buyable skill, or a skill you absolutely hate, and I've gone with the hate, so I'm doing Thieving, which is my lowest skill currently. Why do skills you like doing when you can get heaps of a skill you hate out of the way Tongue

<3 u micah Wink
Yup thats pretty much how it goes. Lucky for me the only skill I hate is also one of the few buyables I have left so win-win. Grin

Probably knocking out 20m construction, tree runs of course, divination for the rest of the weekend.
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bonus Exp Weekend 17th of february Astrophoria 0 1,689 2017-01-11 22:03:01
Last Post: Astrophoria
  Behind the Scenes - February 2014 Gohankuten 8 6,407 2014-02-04 03:51:08
Last Post: Ava
  Behind the Scenes: February 2013 AlchemyHawk 6 4,489 2013-02-05 09:42:53
Last Post: RickySwift
  Behind the Scenes - February Shay 15 7,650 2012-02-06 06:59:04
Last Post: PiXeYstyx