Still Rockin'!

[Image: still-rockin.jpg]

A year ago, this whole thing started...
Well hello there Surreal! This time last year, I was busy introducing myself to everyone and trying to establish a name for this clan. Today - what can I say? We made it smile It's been a hell of a year, and we've had a blast the whole way, cheers to 2012!

Now I know we partied for an odd three hours and all, but is that really enough? That's not Surreal style! So I've been hiding away a few little changes to the clan's mechanics as well as some cool stuff that I think you'd like! Here goes!

Basic Clan Adjustments
Requirements Change
As you know, we've voted on a requirements change recently, and this means that we are officially under a 2000+ total requirement as opposed to 1900+. This was a move to control the size of the clan as well as catch up to recent updates that speed up skilling that little bit more!

Changes to Provisional Applications
Most of what you knew about Provisional applications has remained the same - however there were a few tweaks made in the events area. You'll find that the whole process is now much clearer than it used to be, and information is presented much better for the new applicants.

Promotions
Three New Staff
Well, y'know. We've been recruiting for a while and it's about time we gave our staff team a bit of an extension. Recent changes in the clans operation require a little bit more TLC, so this is what we're going to do to combat it!

Please give your warmest welcomes to Evaluate, Exbajalator and ReturnFate to the Surreal Staff Team! We know you'll do a great job. I can't wait to work with you! smile

Let's also give a congratulations to old_jon, who has just earned the Senior Member rank within the clan! Despite spending 6 months with us already, jon has proven that he is a wonderful member and a great friend. We're grateful to have such an awesome member in this clan! Congratulations!

The Cosmetics
Seven Forum Skins Added!
What a way to kick off our second year in operation than to spruce things up a little? Our new default theme, 'Unify', really shows off our official clan colours in a neat and presentable way. Many tweaks and fixes have been made to ensure that the forums are always a delight to use! Among the new skins are 3 variations in colour based off Unify - Zamorak, Guthix and Saradomin. Have fun!

[Image: 3HwUB.png]

80% of Topics Updated
Each and every informational topic has been looked at this month and we've revised every single one of them with a brand new design and brand new information! Simple spelling mistakes and what-not have hopefully been removed now!

New Stickers
We had a very big change for stickers planned but unfortunately due to some issues with the code, it will have to wait. For now, we've updated every single sticker with a refined design and have added some new ones for you to strive towards! Check them out by clicking 'Stickers' up in the top menu.

Major Updates
Skill Week Championship (SWC) (Danny's Idea!)
You wondered what 'The Champ' was. You questioned what the C stood for. As I've told you guys and gals, SW24 was the last Skill Week ever. But now comes a concept built around Skill Weeks that adds a bit more fire to the competition! Are you diverse enough to be crowned The Champ? This is what you'll be dealing with...

[Image: DejV0.jpg]

SWC is a points based version of Skill Weeks that is divided into 4 clusters (4 clusters = a year), an ongoing fight for the individual championship! There is a lot more depth to this competition style, and you can find out much more about SWC by clicking here.

Community Events
Community Events have been re-introduced in a whole new fashion this time around! We have been receiving a lot of event suggestions over the past month and thought it would be very useful to give members the freedom to host what they want to!

Of course there are limitations around this system (your event can't conflict with any of ours, so we need a week's notice!), but it will allow you to create your own events quite easily - and it is now possible for them to count towards activity. We have provided you with templates and enough information to get you started - let's see how your events turn out!

In closing...
It's been a fantastic year for Surreal. I can't thank you all enough for allowing us to provide you with this stuff - we really do enjoy it! We're looking ahead optimistically as this is not the end and we have so much more to give to you! Thank you for sticking with us and we hope that you enjoyed (and still enjoy!) your time here.

If you have any feedback or issues in regards to these changes, we're all ears. Let's enjoy the rest of 2011!

Thanks again,
The Surreal Staff Team!
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
Wub
You rock! <3
[Image: random-dandy.png][Image: jamessigsss.jpg]
Great updates

Congrats on new staff and to Jon
I'm really looking foward to SWC

and

Happy 1 year Surreal and many more to come

Amazing job on the forum Jord
Awesome new updates Biggrin Congrats to Evaluate, Exbajalator and ReturnFate! <3
| G&A | PVP Team |
[Image: guitar_girl_by_nmayfair-d3ailti.png]
Gift; Nik
Gratz all ^^
Wow so many updates all of which are great!

Well done to all the new staff and jon smile

Look forward to the years to come smile
Grats to Jon on senior member and Fate, Exbaj, and Evaluate on staff positions! Glad to have you all in the team!

Amazing update here, Jordan! You've put so much blood, sweat, and tears into making this birthday the best, and you damn well succeeded, my friend. Such an awesome job on everything!

Danny, can't wait to see your SWC in place. Great idea!

Thank you to all of you members and staff for making Surreal what it is! Everyone plays a huge role in the clan and you are all loved and appreciated for it! <3

Happy birthday, Surreal!!!
Sexy! 1 year, I'm 11 months here, awesome!
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
I LOVE the new Forum layout / skins.

Also looking forward to doing some member-made events as I have some in mind I want to make already Biggrin

Happy Birthday!
[Image: UberSanta.png][Image: 42u3cez]
[Image: zamorak.png]