This just isn't us...

(2011-11-29 04:55:12)Meg Wrote:  And - I didn't break anything, are you proud?!!!

is that a first? Biggrin <3

(2011-09-15 08:01:49)Meg Wrote:  dw guys, one day my true intelligence will shine for the world to see and I will bask in full glory of the beautiful smart woman I truly am....until i wake up Biggrin

[Image: bkhaO.png]
Welcome Back.

Its nice to bring it down a bit, I always thought 2000 was a bit high. All though I have a friend that really wants to join thats in my warring clan with me and max est but he is only 1700s total, I feel bad cuz I told him his total is too low, and he said " I thought skilling clans were supposed to bring more ppl into the skilling community " which I really agree with and I feel bad for some of my lower total leveled friends that dont meet our reqs because they are great ppl to be around.

What if we came out with a "junior member" rank or something? SOmething so those who are skilling upto 1900+ and 2000+ that way they can still join us and be in our community? I think that would be a great thing to maybe introduce

Thoughts?
[Image: sylvanas_wow_sig_by_katzenfan-d54n86z.png]
I disagree Heather, I just do not see the point.
Any rankless user can come and make an intro, and then get to be a part of the clan using the forums, clan chat, irc and ts without actually being a member. If they did all that they would probably become a clan friend. The only things members get to do more is do events and competitions. What role would the Junior member be? If they could do events and competitions it would be the same as lowering our requirements. If they could not do them, then the rank would be pointless.
Just my thoughts on the matter. smile
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

you could limit what they can do. You know how provisions can come to events do skill weeks but cant do pyp. Junior members can come to events, but cant participate in skill weeks and pyp. I mean there is ways to make it work. Ya youre right with the whole clan friend thing, and that they can "hang around" but, I think it'd be even nicer to broaden the member base and have maybe bigger event attendances and a bigger inner memberbase community as well. I mean you can even do Junior Skill of the Weeks if you wanted lol. There is ways to incorporate it and have it incorporated well, its been done before by quite a few ive seen and has been successful.

Idk just my thoughts, if it goes thru with leadership in the future then ok thats great, if not then oh well its just an idea
Have seen 2 tier clans work well, maybe if the clan wishes to grow their memberbase it would work.
Then you could have 1500 and 2k banded members
[Image: Freewendy.png] [Image: x_3ba634e5-1.gif]

I know what you are talking about, I have seen it before. It would take a lot of work for the staff though (to have their own separate skill weeks, a whole another application process etc.) and I do not seet it as an important issue. In my opinion if someone wants to be part of the clan, not being able to do a couple things should not stop them. I think it might an okay idea to have some events be open to people. so clan members can invite friends if they wanted.

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

The goal of Surreal has never been to have the most members. It has not been the goal of Surreal to be an elitist clan, and most certainly has not been given the goal of restricting people from joining the community.

Anyone is welcome to join the forums and take part in RuneScape and Off topic areas of the forums. Infact the only real parts that a member who is rankless (or clan buddy for that sake) cannot see are the clan specific ones (PYP, Skillweeks, Clan discussion, etc). A rank does not define you in Surreal. Some of our oldest members and friends either hold a Clan buddy rank, or are rankless. But do we treat them differently? No. In fact I'd say members do not outrank those who actively participate around the forums.

That being said, I like others do not see a point in this. A suggestion came through awhile ago with the thought of doing something very similar to this, and so it was put out on a poll for our thoughts and opinions. The response from the clan was that it was unneeded and would essentially be a waste of our time since anyone can come and "hang out" with Surreal.

A rank does not define you at Surreal. You define you.
1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]
Ok well if adding in somekind of Junior member rank would be a waste of time, what about holding "community" events so we are able to invite friends and other people to events with Surreal? That most certainly will not be a waste of time and will still open our community a bit more.
(2011-11-30 03:07:14)Heather Wrote:  Ok well if adding in somekind of Junior member rank would be a waste of time, what about holding "community" events so we are able to invite friends and other people to events with Surreal? That most certainly will not be a waste of time and will still open our community a bit more.

The last time I checked all events are open to the community, with the exception of a spare few (don't quote me on this).

Events such as Edgeville Skilling and Shilo Village are based around interacting with the community, so I see no reason why you couldn't invite your friends to such events.

1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]
(2011-11-30 03:07:14)Heather Wrote:  Ok well if adding in somekind of Junior member rank would be a waste of time, what about holding "community" events so we are able to invite friends and other people to events with Surreal? That most certainly will not be a waste of time and will still open our community a bit more.
(2011-11-29 21:57:54)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  I think it might an okay idea to have some events be open to people. so clan members can invite friends if they wanted.
I just said that earlier. Tongue