jagex Logics
Thread Closed 

We all know how jagex capped efiggies cause they didnt like how people were stocking them and then opening all in one go.
Now the famous Castle Wars did this video with last week update (1 week after they capped effigies)
"Power-up items can now be exchanged for XP books. Have a surplus of scorpion meat or a proliferation of potions? Simply click the 'exchange' option on your reward chest to convert any unwanted consumables therein to tomes of XP." Take a look in this awesome new update from jagex and please explain to me their logic

Of course I've missed allot since i've been gone. i never even tried that place hes talking about. but pretty interesting.
[Image: KittehPryde.png]
RSN: KittehPryde - Ironman RSN: FallOutPiXeY
[Image: zocnja.jpg]
[Image: 33cyesl.jpg] [Image: 2445z76.jpg]
everything happens for a reason.
live today, like tomorrow is your last.
it's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you are not.
Give it 2 years, they'll eventually nurf this lol.

He did say it took like 500hours, which is ~20 days? Which is quite a long time, compared to the 2/hr or so effigies from mummys.
@iWader on Twitter.
I might check it out next week, I would like to get the dt gloves anyway and I need prayer xp. So I'll check it out, preferably before they nerf it Tongue
[Image: Exbajalator.png][Image: Exbajalator.png]
[Image: 2q00m8h.jpg]
[Image: nMqpp.png]
=:-:=  Live Young, Have Fun And May Tomorrow Never Come =:-:=
Its only cmb exp though, so kinda useless.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
I personally don't have any problem with this any more than I had a problem with people hoarding effigies, as long as the overall exp rate is not unreasonably high. And in this case it's not. To name a few more, you can also hoard sq'irk juice, temple trekking xp books, Brimhaven tickets, long/curved bones, and Brianpoints. The important thing is that it should still be better to actually train your skills, which is why they nerfed the flash powder factory and effigy drop rates. Perhaps players should have questioned their logic when they limited effigies to 5 in the first place.Tongue
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
(2012-02-24 17:01:52)Wader Wrote:  Give it 2 years, they'll eventually nurf this lol.

He did say it took like 500hours, which is ~20 days? Which is quite a long time, compared to the 2/hr or so effigies from mummys.

Mummys were 0.8(?) effigys hour. Effigys/hr on the fastest method is like 1 so those 2 hr are off.

OT: That's pretty awesome for everyone who kept it, however I don't see anyone putting in 350hrs for this xD
Wub
[Image: teamsara.png]
[Image: benfas.png]
[Image: k2o37l.jpg]
Woteven. The only real reason effigies were changed was because people were hoarding them up and then using them all at once. Then to see this in a week from Jagex, disappointing.

It's useless for anyone who has no need for goliath gloves, which at this time is still undetermined whether they are worth getting or not. If they are worth getting, then a little more xp is good. If not, xp waste is gp waste.
1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]
Interesting. I was wondering how overpowered these reward swaps would be, seems to me that I've found the answer to that.

Ah well, not surprising, might have to log on quick and exchange my scorpion meat, I think I have like 250 or so to swap in.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
(2012-02-25 04:07:36)Moustache Wrote:  Interesting. I was wondering how overpowered these reward swaps would be, seems to me that I've found the answer to that.

Ah well, not surprising, might have to log on quick and exchange my scorpion meat, I think I have like 250 or so to swap in.

The guy in the video is the #2 player on the dom tower highscores with 189 df. To contrast, I have 1.8m df after 500 battles, almost all of them in endurance mode. It's likely this guy played in climber mode and earned significantly more df per battle, but he still spent a lot of time to earn all the rewards he traded in.

The fact that past rewards can be traded in means people like him are in for an enormous one-time xp bonus along the lines of people who were allowed to keep all their effigies after the nerf, but I don't see what the big deal is. All the time spent there could have been spent earning far more xp elsewhere.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trolled by Jagex lol Kakerrot 13 6,511 2017-03-31 21:17:13
Last Post: Kakerrot
  Survey of 120 Slayer by Jagex ChangingLane 11 6,987 2017-02-07 03:30:32
Last Post: Kakerrot
  Jagex clearly isnt 99 construction... Kamizura 3 2,717 2016-09-22 23:43:46
Last Post: Jerome
  Conned by Jagex Dave 7 4,585 2012-10-31 11:34:48
Last Post: old_jon
  Landmark Jagex Victory Over Bots in Legal Battle Evaluate 22 13,329 2012-02-04 08:19:20
Last Post: Wendy