Runescape Dating
Thread Closed 

(2011-06-08 17:34:33)Smith Wrote:  I'm sorry to disagree with others but in my opinion if you have played so much time ingame that you've met your "true soulmate", you just have spend too much time online.

Depends on how you look at it. I have a friend who works 40 hours a week, volunteers for tornado disaster recovery on the weekends, and hangs with his buddies whenever they're in town. He camps, hunts, plays sports; basically stays very active outdoors. He had the exact same schedule when he met his current girlfriend online, on World of Warcraft, and they made it work. They've been living together now for about 3 years and they're still as happy as a couple as they ever were.

It's not RS, but still an online game nonetheless. Anyway, he didn't spend more than 10-15 hours a week online, and he was still able to find love. As he puts it, "The girls I've grown up with in school, the ones I meet in public, they just aren't the right types for me. What I could not find in reality, I found online, and made it my reality that is now."

People jump the gun when it comes to online dating, when in reality, someone could be spending even more time going to the same place over and over to try to pick a girlfriend/boyfriend up. Like another guy I know goes to a bar 2-3 times per week to try to pick up a girl. If he ever gets lucky enough to get one, no one is really ever going to question how long he spent there. However, if it's an online relationship, people just assume you spent way too much time online to get someone, when it's not always the case.

To me, it doesn't really matter where you meet people, online or offline. As long as you can keep a healthy balance and not overdo something, it's reasonable.

"All things in moderation."

(2011-06-08 18:39:28)Evaluate Wrote:  If they're not serious in real life and are just playing it up through the game, it's silly, but not really a big deal. If they met in real life and are doing this to show online (like I believe Bug and his lady friend did), that's cool too. But to have met actually through Runescape and felt like it's "love..." it makes me question. Not that I'm against it, but I just think Runescape is a terrible place to think you've found love. Go to an internet dating site, or better yet an actual place in real life, don't use games to try and find love.

I'll just reiterate the quote my friend said:

"The girls I've grown up with in school, the ones I meet in public, they just aren't the right types for me. What I could not find in reality, I found online, and made it my reality that is now."

Some people are not successful at finding love in real life, or on dating sites. They just don't meet the right people in some places. A guy who likes to drink heavily might want to go to a bar and meet a girl who can handle her liquor, whereas a gamer doesn't want to spend their night out on the town having a drink and would rather game it up with someone similar, so it can be easier for them to find love online than in reality.

As long as people are happy, that's what counts, right? Why should we care where they fell in love?

Edit: Just wanted to add in that I know everyone isn't going to agree with me. Everyone has their own views on things and what they believe to be right or wrong. These are my views and I don't really expect everyone to 'go with them' or anything like that. I don't really like debate topics since I hate conflict and the last thing I want to do is hurt someone's feelings, but I did want to share my thoughts. <3 you all!
(2011-06-08 18:39:28)Evaluate Wrote:  [T]o have met actually through Runescape and felt like it's "love..." it makes me question. Not that I'm against it, but I just think Runescape is a terrible place to think you've found love. Go to an internet dating site, or better yet an actual place in real life, don't use games to try and find love.

^ That.
(2011-06-08 18:39:28)Evaluate Wrote:  If they're not serious in real life and are just playing it up through the game, it's silly, but not really a big deal. If they met in real life and are doing this to show online (like I believe Bug and his lady friend did), that's cool too. But to have met actually through Runescape and felt like it's "love..." it makes me question. Not that I'm against it, but I just think Runescape is a terrible place to think you've found love. Go to an internet dating site, or better yet an actual place in real life, don't use games to try and find love.
This sums up pretty much exaclty how I felt. smile
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

(2011-06-08 17:34:33)Smith Wrote:  
(2011-06-08 11:08:43)Saul Wrote:  I feel sorry for them. :/

Thats a very dry reaction of you. I'm sorry to disagree with others but in my opinion if you have played so much time ingame that you've met your "true soulmate", you just have spend too much time online.

(2011-06-08 21:12:18)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  
This sums up pretty much exaclty how I felt. smile

[Image: Pokemon_logo___Umbreon_by_PrinzeBur.gif]
(2011-06-08 19:26:53)Agent Shay Wrote:  
(2011-06-08 17:34:33)Smith Wrote:  I'm sorry to disagree with others but in my opinion if you have played so much time ingame that you've met your "true soulmate", you just have spend too much time online.

Depends on how you look at it. I have a friend who works 40 hours a week, volunteers for tornado disaster recovery on the weekends, and hangs with his buddies whenever they're in town. He camps, hunts, plays sports; basically stays very active outdoors. He had the exact same schedule when he met his current girlfriend online, on World of Warcraft, and they made it work. They've been living together now for about 3 years and they're still as happy as a couple as they ever were.

It's not RS, but still an online game nonetheless. Anyway, he didn't spend more than 10-15 hours a week online, and he was still able to find love. As he puts it, "The girls I've grown up with in school, the ones I meet in public, they just aren't the right types for me. What I could not find in reality, I found online, and made it my reality that is now."

People jump the gun when it comes to online dating, when in reality, someone could be spending even more time going to the same place over and over to try to pick a girlfriend/boyfriend up. Like another guy I know goes to a bar 2-3 times per week to try to pick up a girl. If he ever gets lucky enough to get one, no one is really ever going to question how long he spent there. However, if it's an online relationship, people just assume you spent way too much time online to get someone, when it's not always the case.

To me, it doesn't really matter where you meet people, online or offline. As long as you can keep a healthy balance and not overdo something, it's reasonable.

"All things in moderation."

I'll just reiterate the quote my friend said:

"The girls I've grown up with in school, the ones I meet in public, they just aren't the right types for me. What I could not find in reality, I found online, and made it my reality that is now."

Some people are not successful at finding love in real life, or on dating sites. They just don't meet the right people in some places. A guy who likes to drink heavily might want to go to a bar and meet a girl who can handle her liquor, whereas a gamer doesn't want to spend their night out on the town having a drink and would rather game it up with someone similar, so it can be easier for them to find love online than in reality.

As long as people are happy, that's what counts, right? Why should we care where they fell in love?

Edit: Just wanted to add in that I know everyone isn't going to agree with me. Everyone has their own views on things and what they believe to be right or wrong. These are my views and I don't really expect everyone to 'go with them' or anything like that. I don't really like debate topics since I hate conflict and the last thing I want to do is hurt someone's feelings, but I did want to share my thoughts. <3 you all!

I couldn't agree with you more Shay Wub everything you said, you said it perfectly Biggrin

[Image: KittehPryde.png]
RSN: KittehPryde - Ironman RSN: FallOutPiXeY
[Image: zocnja.jpg]
[Image: 33cyesl.jpg] [Image: 2445z76.jpg]
everything happens for a reason.
live today, like tomorrow is your last.
it's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you are not.
Personally I have no problem at all with people dating on Runescape or Dating online. Nobody should be saying it's bad or stupid or anyother word you could think of about the matter. If it's not you, why care what other people do?

Everyone is different. People do different things and it's shown alot in the real world. I know friends and people that have had Online Relationships and some have lasted and some have failed.
I agree if people are not serious about the dating then they shouldnt do it. But if both are prepared to go all the way then whats the problem? It's there lives they can do what they want. smile Nothing wrong with it, they just choose to do it a different way.

So to conclude. I have no problem about people dating on Runescape.
Well said, Danny, and thank you, Pixey. <3 I just wanted to add another thing in, to clear up any confusion:

Evaluate Wrote:don't use games to try and find love.

Didn't specify this part in my post earlier, but I want to mention that the kind of thing I am talking about doesn't pertain to people using the game to find love. What I am referring to in all my posts is the fact that some people will fall in love with someone as they play the game. They aren't necessarily out there advertising "looking for bf/gf" in public chat, but they meet someone cool, quest with them, skill with them, etc. and then things just kind of click between the two of them.

Using the game JUST to find love... yeah, that's no good, I agree. But sometimes things just fall into place. Such is the way love works, though.
70% of ppl these days use online dating sites to find love, not much different imo - why be so judgemental? are these people really hurting your lives? I don't care how people live their lives so long as they're happy and the fact they have a common interest is great.

Step outside of your boxes for a moment and stop being so judgemental.

I know of 3 couples that found love online, 2 couples of which were from different sides of the worlds 1 couple both being from australia and all 3 couples are still together to this day, married and have families - there is not one person here that can change my mind that finding love on the internet is impossible or ridiculous; infact it is ridiculous and ignorant to assume otherwise.
*hastely finds silver crown and plonks on head, somewhat offscew*

"Runescape is not a dating site" Angry2

----------------------------------------------------------------

I think it's very cute and smexy to see couples in the same gear, together. What it shows me is that they are friends, are helping each other enjoy in-game activity, and generally having a good time.

I've met such a couple and commented on how nicely they looked. I think they were somewhat appreciative as they privately pm'd me from time to time thereafter. They were good people. Wink

Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

(2011-06-08 23:00:07)Agent Shay Wrote:  Well said, Danny, and thank you, Pixey. <3 I just wanted to add another thing in, to clear up any confusion:

Evaluate Wrote:don't use games to try and find love.

Didn't specify this part in my post earlier, but I want to mention that the kind of thing I am talking about doesn't pertain to people using the game to find love. What I am referring to in all my posts is the fact that some people will fall in love with someone as they play the game. They aren't necessarily out there advertising "looking for bf/gf" in public chat, but they meet someone cool, quest with them, skill with them, etc. and then things just kind of click between the two of them.

Using the game JUST to find love... yeah, that's no good, I agree. But sometimes things just fall into place. Such is the way love works, though.

That's all good and all, but stop smothering me! waking to 15 missed calls and four distraught messages only scares me away!
[Image: whid1.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funny runescape memes Oxide 1 6,471 2018-07-16 09:19:37
Last Post: Meg
  Your RuneScape Shopping List (DXP) Crazy Nurse 17 12,239 2018-02-01 15:01:30
Last Post: JeliBelski
  12/12/2016 Runescape Update! PiXeYstyx 3 3,579 2016-12-14 13:31:16
Last Post: PiXeYstyx
  Problems with accessing RuneScape? ChangingLane 1 2,744 2016-10-21 21:59:26
Last Post: ChangingLane
  2016 Runescape New Years Resolutions Shawn 12 10,180 2016-04-19 20:51:58