Your RuneScape Shopping List (DXP)
Thread Closed 

I'll be honest... The main one I wanna try to work on is getting 120 fm or another 99, just dunno which 99 to go for. Seeming as last DXP i got 99 fm ;3
So I've decided to fletch mage shieldbows for DXP. I was wondering if anyone had any tips? Should I concentrate on just stringing for dxp days (I read that it's faster than cutting) or should I do both. I tried looking for how many cut/string I can do per hour but all the results are dated. Any tips will help. smile
You get the same amount of xp for stringing and fletching. That said, fletching is slower as each action takes more tics to complete. Stringing is faster, but it comes with a lot more activity on your part. You need to get a new inventory every... 9 seconds or so while I recall fletching taking around 40 seconds per inventory.

I'd say definitely do the stringing during dxp. Your xp/h rates will be much higher so you'll have time to do other stuff as well!

Update for me: Regis will be aiming for 99 construction and 99 herblore over the dxp weekend! In the unlikely event that this endeavour will not cause my hand to drop off I'll probably keep myself busy with cooking, crafting or smithing.
"Get going, Simon. Just don't be distracted by the what-ifs, should-haves, and if-onlies.
The one path you choose yourself, that is the truth of your universe."
[Image: rex_advenes_p1.png]
(2018-01-13 17:56:09)Rex Advenes Wrote:  You get the same amount of xp for stringing and fletching. That said, fletching is slower as each action takes more tics to complete. Stringing is faster, but it comes with a lot more activity on your part. You need to get a new inventory every... 9 seconds or so while I recall fletching taking around 40 seconds per inventory.

I'd say definitely do the stringing during dxp. Your xp/h rates will be much higher so you'll have time to do other stuff as well!

Update for me: Regis will be aiming for 99 construction and 99 herblore over the dxp weekend! In the unlikely event that this endeavour will not cause my hand to drop off I'll probably keep myself busy with cooking, crafting or smithing.

Thanks for the advice and the numbers! I decided to cut bows into unstrungs until BXP weekend and then I'll be stringing magic shield bows. I also had about 400k broad arrow tips from back when I used to buy them daily. I bought headless arrows and will be tipping those before moving onto shieldbows.

Good luck with your goal! I did construction 2 or 3 BXP weekends ago. That was tough. Haha.
l may be joining you stringing magic shortbows/shieldbows on dxp Jerome haha. I really want 92 fletching for superior scrimshaws and death lotus darts, but I don't want to lose a load of money on broad arrows. At least with herb/summoning you get money back or a use for what you've made. I've also got the charms and yak hides for 99 summoning. I think I've got a bank deposit box, so that should be a quick one. If I can go from 97-99 herb, that would be ideal. I suppose it depends how much money I can make; I haven't done any calculations, although I imagine overloads will be too expensive, so I'd probably do sara brews for the bulk of it like I did to get 96.

I probably won't be there for the whole grind, but I'm sure I'll be up for some dungeoneering at some stage on dxp, Iris.

For some reason it won't let me quote posts, but that half marathon sounds exciting, Jeli.
(2018-01-31 12:22:28)Real Ale Wrote:  l may be joining you stringing magic shortbows/shieldbows on dxp Jerome haha. I really want 92 fletching for superior scrimshaws and death lotus darts, but I don't want to lose a load of money on broad arrows. At least with herb/summoning you get money back or a use for what you've made. I've also got the charms and yak hides for 99 summoning. I think I've got a bank deposit box, so that should be a quick one. If I can go from 97-99 herb, that would be ideal. I suppose it depends how much money I can make; I haven't done any calculations, although I imagine overloads will be too expensive, so I'd probably do sara brews for the bulk of it like I did to get 96.

I probably won't be there for the whole grind, but I'm sure I'll be up for some dungeoneering at some stage on dxp, Iris.

For some reason it won't let me quote posts, but that half marathon sounds exciting, Jeli.

Based on past GE prices I'll be profiting (a little) from magic shieldbows. Not sure what the prices are now, though. Definitely do get that summoning done at least! That's a nice skill to have at 99 and it's quite expensive too, so cutting the costs by half will be good for your future herblore plans. 

There's a Pokemon GO event on the Saturday so I may not be on for most of that day. Gaahhh.
Profiting from magic shieldbows while cutting the fletching/stringing time in half sounds ideal. I probably won't have time to get 92 that way, but I'm sure I'll try and get a few levels. 400k broad arrows sounds like a ton of xp. Yeah, only having to make half the pouches will be really nice. And steel titans look really cool haha. Plus, I'll finally be able to unlock the rarwvek pet and dragonrider title.

Well, gotta catch 'em all.
I've got my 99 herby banked and then some construction materials. We'll see how far that gets me. After that I'll probably do some agility and/or thieving.
Don't send me into a library without supervision unless you're prepared to file a missing persons report.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funny runescape memes Oxide 1 6,415 2018-07-16 09:19:37
Last Post: Meg
  12/12/2016 Runescape Update! PiXeYstyx 3 3,504 2016-12-14 13:31:16
Last Post: PiXeYstyx
  Problems with accessing RuneScape? ChangingLane 1 2,693 2016-10-21 21:59:26
Last Post: ChangingLane
  2016 Runescape New Years Resolutions Shawn 12 10,015 2016-04-19 20:51:58
Last Post: Joeym4692
  Useful Perk List Shawn 6 8,835 2016-02-08 00:27:31
Last Post: Shawn