Big Money Making Methods
Thread Closed 

Been reading up a lot on the progress to 200m all stats, and the methods players use to gain such huge amounts of money. I'm interesting in such gains, both for buying skills and luxurious pking haha Wub

Here's some top methods both in existance and now extinct. Tell me what you think, and would you do them

Pre-GE era

.Staking
.Merchanting

Couldn't get much bigger than these two, with Cursed You and Duke Freedom being the most well known of this era in their fields. Staking was down to luck at higher ends, while merchanting was just a knowledge of the market and intelligence. Both players were banned for real world trading, with Cursed you claiming a 15,000 NZD gain from doing so.

GE era

.76k Tricking
.Price Manipulation
.Flipping

The 76king tricking was most famous with Telmo, the current #1 in RS. The severe methods of this requires a clan of great trust and persistance of over 10+ Targets at least. Claims were made of 3 VLS + DFS in 1 76king section. This method is now extinct.

Price manipulation is one I really frown upon, as essentially to gain money, you have to lie and scam. This is actually the movement of money between players, with the high ends profiting far above everyone else. The method fed off the stupidy of players and resulted in many unbuyable items, a frustrating time for players. Most famous expoiters include Win all day, Chessy, 2lum and Smoking Mills,

Flipping with the GE is an honorable somewhat skillfull huge money making method. Most famously done by Zarfot in his rampaging days, though upon his slow absence from the game he leaked his big secrets and tricks to the public, something high end players like Aasiwat hated him for. Reports of 100m per hour with perfect flips.

Free Trade - Present Era

.Dicing

Dicing is now very popular, as players who don't have max stats for the 50% boxing odds come to dice their huge cash piles at slightly lower odds ( generally 55-58% ). The profits for hosts are huge, and with large cash piles plus favoured odds (5-8% is favoured) earnings can fluxuate, though it will always end with a profit (except for bad streak with a cashpile limit restriction). Good dicing host ranks are said to be going for in excess of 1.5bil BadBad Though if u had the money, it is well worth it.

A Worthy Mention include Nexing, coming in at around 20m per hour. But it is incomparable to the other methods except maybe 76king.

---------------

So, in order from most profit to least here is my estimated list

Staking
Price Manipulation
Merchanting
Flipping
Hosting Dicing
76king

Staking is based on heavy luck, so it's with hesitation it is top of the list. I put it there due to the 0 limitations it has.

----------------

At least one of these methods is carried out by 200m skill buyers (except Suomi, who is getting by soley on donations)

Having said that, Pker Tdm still stands as the richest rs player. A feat achieved merely because he hoarded rares upon release and sat on them. Smart boy.

Do you guys participate in any of the above methods? Even perhaps low end flipping? At the moment my income is through Bandos, though eventually I plan to participate in low money dicing. I have a desire to cannon cave crawlers for effigies equalling 99 rc Wub And for that ... I need a LOT of money SadSad
[Image: jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif]
[Image: elucin8er.png]
I did flip during the GE era, made about 30m but than I got scared+didnt have time to do it after free trade. Now when i'm bored I like to do like 1 stake just chill.

I believe you have some wrong info about telmo. Most of his money was made via flip whith Zarfot help while both were getting 200m craft. Some people claims that he has all buyables banked but never saw he saying that
one day i will be maxxed and can sit at Duel arena not worrying about losing 1bil
(2011-09-15 08:01:49)Meg Wrote:  dw guys, one day my true intelligence will shine for the world to see and I will bask in full glory of the beautiful smart woman I truly am....until i wake up Biggrin

[Image: bkhaO.png]
(2011-06-19 07:43:22)Kniight Lost Wrote:  I did flip during the GE era, made about 30m but than I got scared+didnt have time to do it after free trade. Now when i'm bored I like to do like 1 stake just chill.

I believe you have some wrong info about telmo. Most of his money was made via flip whith Zarfot help while both were getting 200m craft. Some people claims that he has all buyables banked but never saw he saying that

I'm sure he also flipped, but he also did a lot of 76king, couldn't think of a bigger name to represent 76king.
You forgot skilling :3
[Image: Pokemon_logo___Umbreon_by_PrinzeBur.gif]
(2011-06-19 11:36:29)Crow Wrote:  You forgot skilling :3

There isn't really a skilling method that makes the kind of money p/h that he's talking about here. There's several failry decent methods, like rcing deaths and bloods, but none of them even come close to what's listed.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
I was a poor player almost all my RS time, all my money was from boss hunting and skilling. But since free trades, I learned to flip, and that's my money making method now along with slayer. It help buying buyables and stuff smile
Main: Princess Emiko Yuki
Alt: Princess Revy Chan

I have never been rich, though at times I have had decent amounts of money (30Mish) sitting in the bank which I was very pleased with. Now I usually spend it on skills, since I am higher leveled I am having to spend more but I dont bring in much more than I used too which is a problem, haha.
My original money making method was barrows, this was around 3 years ago. I did it for 2 weeks straight making around 13M (with a Verac and Dharok Helmet) though I could only get 3-4 chest loots per trip back then. Lol This was huge for me at the time, tripling my wealth. Other ways I get money are slayer, woodcutting and fishing. For woodcutting I have finally switched to Ivy because at 90+ other methods are too slow. Fishing I have got 14M xp in, so I dont do it much anymore. Slayer drops are worth next to nothing anymore, so I am struggling for money these days. At least now mining will make me money and I have my loyal kingdom. I may have to start boss hunting in the near future to raise stats like Prayer or Herblore.
Intresting topic though, I liked it. smile Never used any of those methods, except for a few times of the 76K tricks, but I never really got into it since my drops were always really unlucky.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Just remembered a nice money making method

Herb run with juju farm potion
Yeah Juju farming pots with scoll of life + Torstols is actually very very good. I plan to make some Juju's soon and get on the bandwagon, not sure how long it will last. There's a good topic I read on it somewhere, but basically if you can do 5-6 runs per day you're looking at some huge profits.

I'm basically in the same boat as you Hawk, that's why I'm looking into some good boss hunting and this Juju farming run.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invention + money making Dave 8 8,498 2016-02-08 19:54:37
Last Post: Gohankuten
  Need help making money Dreggstar 3 3,747 2013-12-29 19:08:04
Last Post: Killians
  Bonds & Money making & Div Mini Kniight 2 3,115 2013-10-28 13:16:41
Last Post: Wader
  Money making. Rawries 15 10,065 2013-07-31 17:28:07
Last Post: Bug
  What to train combat on in F2P? And money? GiantSp00n 5 4,597 2013-03-28 19:58:00
Last Post: Gold_Trustee