Ritual of the Mahjarrat
Thread Closed 

Are you guys excited about this quest? I SURE AM! It looks like it is going to be an epic, much like Whilte Guthix Sleeps was. I know so many people loved WGS, even those who were't big questers, whcih shows how good it was. WGS was the first grandmaster quest and it set a high standard that the other two following ones just didn't meet (they were close, and obth awesome quests, but they didn't seem as good as WGS). I am hoping that this quest does meet that standard (I am assuming it will be a grandmaster, since it is the finale to one of the biggest quest storylines and a pre-requist is a grandmaster quest). Also Paul is writing himself, which I think is a good thing. So what are your opinions about this quest?

Some stuff known so far:
  • It will take place "in the north", possibly in or around the Wilderness.
  • Ritual of the Mahjarrat will tie up most of the Mahjarrat story arcs and will feature all the Mahjarrat personalities.
  • There will be some Mahjarrat death. It’s not really a case of players getting to decide who dies, though. The ritual itself requires that the Mahjarrat sacrifice one their brethren for the rest of them to remain immortal.
  • The rewards will feature useful equipment for mages, as well as equipment which will be useful for rangers in certain situations.
  • Players will learn some more of the history of the RuneScape world, including a significant reveal concerning the Third Age.
  • While Guthix Sleeps is a requirement and very likely 77 Agility.
  • The quest will involve Kethsi and Mos Le'Harmless.
  • Mahjarrat (or at least Zemouregal) will receive a graphical update.
  • A major plotline, "which has only really been touched on before", begins in earnest during the quest. (Seems like Nomad to me)
  • The will be lots of new areas and puzzles, as well as combat, but not as hard as Nomad as it is more storyline than combat-orientated.

Information taken from:
http://www.zybez.net/news/1380/what_we_k...mahjarrat/
http://services.runescape.com/m=devblog/...ost_id=123
http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/The_Ritu..._Mahjarrat
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Sounds fun, please let me kill Lucien with my sword. As I wish to strike him down with the mightesty blow to avenged my fallen comrades. Never forgive, never forget.
[Image: Pokemon_logo___Umbreon_by_PrinzeBur.gif]
As long as it's anything remotely resembling WGS and nothing like the poor excuses for quests they've been putting out lately, it will be great. I'm more interested to see how the storyline turns out than I am in seeing the reward, but, again, if it's anything like WGS, it'll be more than worth doing.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
I like updates like these, but I have so much questing work to do before I even can think of doing this >.>
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
(2011-06-27 18:21:40)Evaluate Wrote:  As long as it's anything remotely resembling WGS and nothing like the poor excuses for quests they've been putting out lately, it will be great. I'm more interested to see how the storyline turns out than I am in seeing the reward, but, again, if it's anything like WGS, it'll be more than worth doing.
I know what you mean, but I think that this quest will be what we want.
First of all Paul is writing this one himself, and he wrote most of the material for the rest of the Mahjarrat. Also he said in the dev blog that his quest was mainly about the storyline, but the rewards and combat will still be good too which is exactly what I want. smile
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

(2011-06-27 18:21:40)Evaluate Wrote:  As long as it's anything remotely resembling WGS and nothing like the poor excuses for quests they've been putting out lately, it will be great. I'm more interested to see how the storyline turns out than I am in seeing the reward, but, again, if it's anything like WGS, it'll be more than worth doing.

This ^

Was really looking forward to the Glouphire sequel, was a shorty average quest.
[Image: Pokemon_logo___Umbreon_by_PrinzeBur.gif]
Can't wait for this quest if it will be like WGS! I very much enjoyed the storyline on that quest, about as equally as The Chosen Commander, which is another I loved.

Hopefully the reward will be equally as good, if not better...

600k exp, anyone?! XD
A new Grandmaster quest??@! I'm EXCITED!

If it's anything as good as WGS, I'd consider that a win for Jagex. I think the main thing that's been letting them down in Quest development lately has been the simplicity of new quests. I finished that newest quest, Deadliest Catch, in about 15 minutes last night. Considering all the hype they made about it on the homepage, I was very disappointed.

Don't let us down Jagex! *crosses fingers*
Adventurer's Log | Exp Tracker | Goals & Achievements
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
It's been a long time since there's been a great quest. Since this seems to be following along the same lines as WGS, I expect greatness.
I have gone through my questing phase, it's all over now Lol Even still, it sounds like it will be a heap of fun!
[Image: xjWu8.png]
[Image: 2a6jyb5.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ritual of the Mahjarrat Shay 15 9,045 2011-09-26 07:02:00
Last Post: Newbh