Ritual of the Mahjarrat
Thread Closed 

“They signal their arrival with a devastating shriek, and leave nothing but ash, flame and destruction in their wake. All tremble in fear as they approach, and the ground rumbles in sympathy.”

There is news of a devastating attack on Mos Le’Harmless, and Sir Tiffy is quick to call you for help. Rumours seem to hint towards an ancient evil, once thought to be myth, and the implications of its appearance could spell disaster for this plane. It is unclear what they want, and there is nothing to say why they have risen now.

Yet, with one threat comes another: the planets have aligned, signalling the Ritual of the Mahjarrat. These mighty and ambitious beings are looking to draw the life from one of their order, sacrificing them to regain lost energies and add flesh to bones. The ritual will also offer near-limitless power to a single Mahjarrat who has already been gathering superhuman strength and influence. With an arsenal of weapons taken from the gods, could the ritual be your last opportunity to stop him before he achieves complete domination?

With two monumental threats such as these, humanity risks being utterly crushed. Fighting now would require armies of bold and fearless warriors, yet only a precious few are able to stand up and face them. The question is: are you ready to join the defence of RuneScape?

Survive to the end of Ritual of the Mahjarrat and you can be sure of a wealth of rewards. Aside from the customary (but large) stack of XP, you will gain access to a new spell, a new reward dungeon, ranging and mage gear, the opportunity to gain three new boots and other rewards that we would rather keep secret!

If you want to play a leading role in one of the biggest events of RuneScape’s history, we encourage you to log in now...

How to start

Speak to Sir Tiffy Cashien in Falador park.

Requirements

The Temple at Senntisten
While Guthix Sleeps
Hazeel Cult
Enakhra's Lament
The Slug Menace
Fairy Tale III - Battle at Ork's Rift
Rocking Out
A Tail of Two Cats
Fight Arena
Level 76 Crafting
Level 77 Agility
Level 76 Mining
You must be capable of fighting creatures of combat level 475

Paul, Mod Chris L and Mod Srowley
RuneScape Content Developers

Patch notes for this update: (Click to View)
Started it. Will finish after work. Saw a video of the whole boss fight. Doesnt look too tough for a maxed person.
Hopefully the new ranger boots dont make my current ones drop inprice, but oh well if they do.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
Quest was good but i think Jagex is pulling a fast one on us and will surprise us with a continued portion of the quest next week. Also ranger boots are going to crash hard. New boots are better range attack and more farmable due to not being gated by treasure trail.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
Oh yeah another boss I won't be able to finish..

Just kidding. XD Well kinda..really excited for this quest! Biggrin
Just annoyed how high combat you will have to get eventually as they have to keep releasing better bosses. *sigh*
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

There has been some chat about Catspeak Amulet (e) and I was just wondering if I had to dismantle my "Camulet" thingy or if I could find Bob and deal with him without needing a Catspeak Amulet (e).

Has anyone completed the quest without the Catspeak Amulet (e)?

Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

Sounds intense
[Image: Rarely_Lucky.png]

[Image: Rarely_Lucky.png]

[Image: spinner_big.gif]
With the catspeak amulet (e), I just dismantled the camulet and brought 5 death runs as well as the catspeak ammy to a chick in Burthorpe who enchants it. It doesn't seem to be necessary, but chasing down the npc with the biggest walking radius and who's pretty small can be pretty tricky, so I wouldn't recommend running around randomly otherwise.

The quest was awesome, would of liked more puzzles, I seem to smash through most of them and get stuck on the ones I really shouldn't of lol. (Like already having a note in my inventory and running around looking for it >.<).

No complaints from me, and the glacors are heaps fun to kill ^^
[Image: Exbajalator.png][Image: Exbajalator.png]
[Image: 2q00m8h.jpg]
[Image: nMqpp.png]
=:-:=  Live Young, Have Fun And May Tomorrow Never Come =:-:=
The Catspeak amulet (e) is helpful for finding Bob the Cat. I'm sure the quest can be completed without one, though you would just be making it harder on yourself than it needs to be.

Regarding the final battle:

Regarding the rewards:
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
I own a Quest Cape and I can safely say that apart from WGS this is the best Quest I have ever taken part in.
[Image: UberSanta.png][Image: 42u3cez]
[Image: zamorak.png]

The rewards were decent from this quest! smile The new boots are also ftw ^^
[Image: random-dandy.png][Image: jamessigsss.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ritual of the Mahjarrat AlchemyHawk 12 7,771 2011-07-01 00:24:37
Last Post: Ryan