Bots...
Thread Closed 

Hey Everyone,
I know everyone is probably sick of seeing,hearing, and even thinking of bots; but I was asking myself this question, "Will Jagex ever be able to conquer botting and its effect on the game itself". Of course,it may or may not happen in a long time, but, do you think Jagex is equipped with the power to eliminate a good amount of bots? If so, do you think Jagex isn't eliminating the majority of bots because they make money off the thousands and thousands of botting accounts that are members.(Or) Jagex does not have the power to control the botting outbreak?

I am not supporting botting, I am just laying down pieces to a problem and I do not neccessarily agree with any side. I just wanted to hear from some of Runescape's most experienced players.

Honestly, I believe the botting issue will always be a problem for Jagex but I think that someday they might be able to cut down the numbers of botting accounts. It sure doesn't help that they established a temporary ban that lasts about 2 weeks or 14 days for the first Minor Macroing Offence.

Anyways enough of me blabbering about Runescape botting, I want to hear what you think. Thanks for reading my post I hope you found it interesting as I have!!

Sincerely,
Shane.
Like I said in the other thread. I'm not that educated in bots and etc but I don't think Jagex is keeping the bots around just for the cash. Maybe they are now but that can't be their reason forever. Jagex knows that runeacape is their most popular game and they can't let that die.

And hopefully they can keep bots down but we all know bots will always be a problem. I think people should now just accept that they are here just like all the npcs lol. The only thing we can do is follow the rules and report any botters. I don't think talking about this anymore will change anything.
| G&A | PVP Team |
[Image: guitar_girl_by_nmayfair-d3ailti.png]
Gift; Nik
We already have a discussion thread about this topic, posted here: http://www.clansurreal.com/board/thread-2659.html

Please use that one instead, as it was created recently and there's no need to have two separate threads on the issue, as it will only confuse people when there are two different places to discuss it. Thanks for your understanding.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Livestream on Bots Portus 20 12,687 2012-09-18 22:30:17
Last Post: Zooperman
  Landmark Jagex Victory Over Bots in Legal Battle Evaluate 22 13,534 2012-02-04 08:19:20
Last Post: Wendy
  Bots Successfully Nuked Tay 20 11,803 2011-11-13 01:22:23
Last Post: Lilbod
Currency "nuking" the bots. lol Exciled 36 20,860 2011-11-01 23:12:56
Last Post: Jakee
  bots Honzy 36 23,347 2011-08-15 12:35:00
Last Post: Exciled