The RS community
Thread Closed 

This is the reason I really have no friends outside Surreal. I have a couple people whom I've met over the years and have stuck around, but I never really bother attempting to make friends. I'll make casual conversation with the people around me, but I won't say "hey add me we can chat alla time mate." I just find that frankly the majority of people aren't worth getting to know, and that ruins it for the ones that are. Sort of a sad way to have to approach things, but that's how it goes.

As I said though, that's outside of Surreal. Everyone here is wonderful. Wub
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
Well said, Ev! That's exactly how I feel.
Same as me too, outside the clan, I have 3 friend, and I speak to them like once a month xD

Without Surreal, I would have 3 persons in my friends list xD'
Main: Princess Emiko Yuki
Alt: Princess Revy Chan

I have 8!
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
I have 2 that I talk to often (one I have known for 3 years in-game).

My friends list consists of 7 people, the other I don't talk to alot.
[Image: UberSanta.png][Image: 42u3cez]
[Image: zamorak.png]

Runescape has gone down hill since 2004. I've been playing for a while and I remember when you could loan things to your mates and they would give it back.

The old way I used to make money was a friend used give me 10,000 strength amulets at a time and then I would sell them. This was before Grand exchange and then I would give him 380,000 for the 10,000 amulets after I sold them. I used to do this every week. The guy quiet because people where screwing him over in the end.

But it shows you how terrible the community has become very low and pitiful. The only good people are those that are part of social clans.
I keep my friends list mostly limited to clan mates or former clan mates. That way, all of them have at least gone through some sort of vetting process in which they passed. I have a few randomers that turned out to be good people but I've never loaned them anything.

I usually dont have a problem loaning stuff to senior members or staff in Surreal and I've loaned (with trade, not RS loan system) at least 300m combined to Surreal members. Everyone has been good for returning it so far.

The only other time I've lent gp to a player was a guy that still plays and is still a friend...but he keeps making excuses to not repay it. Sad
In here I can give anuthing to everyone and be sure that I will get it back indeed. Thats great. Vice versa ofcourse Wink
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
Yeah i seam to run into these losers also. I tend to ignore them after awhile or turn my public on friends. i've found it's not worth arguing with them any more since they are probably 12 trying to feel all bad ass.
[Image: KittehPryde.png]
RSN: KittehPryde - Ironman RSN: FallOutPiXeY
[Image: zocnja.jpg]
[Image: 33cyesl.jpg] [Image: 2445z76.jpg]
everything happens for a reason.
live today, like tomorrow is your last.
it's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you are not.
My friend studies psychology, he once told that the average person online that calls people names, acts like a fool, picks on people or generally acts like he/she he Bette than everyone is usually picked on themselves in real life. He said its away for them vent the angry and frustration, because they lack the self confredents do to it face to Rae with anyone else.

After hearing that make me feel bad for them, because I know that feeling of being helpless. Yet, it's no excuse really to treat other people like crap.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Update] Treasure Trails Update & Community Tools Ava 1 4,443 2014-11-18 01:52:58
Last Post: PiXeYstyx
  BTS #79 - Community Features Wader 1 2,403 2013-11-15 19:59:47
Last Post: Dolly