The RS community
Thread Closed 

Sorry that happended to you Zoopseh.

Fortunately for me I have come across utter tossers like that only very few times.

Even before I became a mod I generally had good chats with the strangers around me. When you're a mod all that changes. There's a huge emphasis on your mod status and you get all sort of hard questions the likes of which I wished Shay was around to answer.

I've encountered only 1 mod hater ever, and even him I converted to a laughing friend in the end (such is my power of the dark side).

You're more stubborn than me. I would have had him on ignore by the time he said "lol noob". Grin
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

This isnt a new phenomenon. Its been happening as long as ive been playing (05-06 ish).

There have always been immature kids. Today, there are just more than there were a few years ago.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
(2011-08-24 07:20:36)l Zephyr l Wrote:  This isnt a new phenomenon. Its been happening as long as ive been playing (05-06 ish).

There have always been immature kids. Today, there are just more than there were a few years ago.

It's because younger kids have easier access to the internet. I think almost every household has internet on. Compared to say 13 years ago, where the odd household had dial up internet
(2011-08-24 07:20:36)l Zephyr l Wrote:  This isnt a new phenomenon. Its been happening as long as ive been playing (05-06 ish).

I k now its nothing new but as of late its been happening atleast every time i log in for more then 30 mins

(2011-09-15 08:01:49)Meg Wrote:  dw guys, one day my true intelligence will shine for the world to see and I will bask in full glory of the beautiful smart woman I truly am....until i wake up Biggrin

[Image: bkhaO.png]
Everywhere I go, every forum/chat or anything slightly runescape related is talking about crappy this game/community is now a days..this is is getting oh so depressing.

My solution, public = friends. Wink
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

(2011-08-25 21:30:24)TeamSara Wrote:  Everywhere I go, every forum/chat or anything slightly runescape related is talking about crappy this game/community is now a days..this is is getting oh so depressing.

My solution, public = friends. Wink

I used to do that, then the wanna be mods would start reporting you because you didn't talk to them (It's fine because I'm not doing anything wrong), but it makes you get more bloody randoms, which I really can't stand. 5 minutes of work for a maximum 9900 experience.
You get more randoms with public off? Is that proven?
Anyways mot randoms take 1-2 minutes, only the one I can think that takes longer is Maze. But they still can be annoying your right. Sad
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

The system in place response to player submissions and randoms are are part of the detection. So by not talking, because you don't know what people are saying, people think you are botting and then report you.
The thing is though, ever since MMG said RS was aimed at College+ people (that's around 16+ where I come from), more and more kids seem to have come into the game.

This spoils it for alot of people, and the older players, as these immature players give the rest of us a bad name Sad
[Image: UberSanta.png][Image: 42u3cez]
[Image: zamorak.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Update] Treasure Trails Update & Community Tools Ava 1 4,443 2014-11-18 01:52:58
Last Post: PiXeYstyx
  BTS #79 - Community Features Wader 1 2,403 2013-11-15 19:59:47
Last Post: Dolly