Agility "Glitch"
Thread Closed 

There is/was a buy in game recently where you were able to train agility for a MASSIVE 70k EXP per hour.

Mod Chrisso posted on the topic:
Quote:Hi folks,

It's a case of common sense on this one really. If you feel an element of the game is broken and is giving lots of XP (such as this), then you need to report it as a bug and not abuse it.

I would suggest that anyone sitting there clicking and getting high XP would know full well that this is not how it was intended.

To just address the post on the first page - "its not something they could or would ban you for. " - We can and do still ban people for Bug Abuse. I know this as I'm the chap who deals with it.

My suggestion would be thus: Don't try and take advantage of this glitch. It's something I'm going to be looking into over the next few days.

Many thanks,

Mod Chrisso
http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/fo...16,goto,24

This seems to me as if they're consider banning players who got the MASSIVE 70k PH. This seems absolutely ridiculous. MANY times Jagex have indirectly told us you're allowed to take part in bug abuse with no consequences. Now, we're being told a stat which was being trained SLOWER than the current rate which could have been seen as a non-glitch for such reason is bannable.

Anyone else getting different messages from Jagex here? I really don't understand what I'm allowed to do and not do in game.

I'm allowed to store items in my unicorn as well as use the healing effect.
I'm allowed to repeatedly kill corp for a 100% sigil drop rate.
I'm not allowed to "sit there clicking and getting high XP"

So me real question is, am I going to be banned for getting 72k exp per hour at the barbarian outpost course or even nearer 100k when accounting for the horn process?
[Image: portus-champ-2012.png]
[Image: portus.png]
You can get away with botting, thats 24h of 70k per hour.
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
I think the method should be removed upon detection simply because that's not how they intended the skill to be trained. But banning players for a mistake made by Jagex themselves, now that's stupid and unfair. I wouldn't even consider this unfair to other players.. it looks pretty tedious and even more boring than training at an Agility course.
Adventurer's Log | Exp Tracker | Goals & Achievements
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
They already removed this.
I used for like 5k xp and nothing (that I know) happend to me.
Bug abuse is bug abuse, mistake or not. And it's faster then advanced agility courses, and I have always seen jagex slap bug abusers. Knew someone that got banned for the penguin one.

I even said on a few occasions this would be considered bug abuse, and could result in those doing it getting banned. And I sat by to watch to see what they would do with it aswell.

Also this method you could angle your camera just right, and never have to move your mouse so it could be used really easy.
You didn't think Jagex would make it clear what is and is not acceptable with regards to bug abuse and then act on it in a consistent manner, did you? Rofl
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
As Kniight said, this was hot patched yesterday already. And even if it is slower, it's only slower by 2k with the rates you posted, for substantially less effort. It's common sense whether this was a bug, obviously they didn't intend for a simple shortcut to rival the exp rate of the best agility course.

I agree with you in wishing they'd make a better clarification on this, but it also is fairly easy to avoid things like this with a bit of discretion.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
Shay and I were discussing this yesterday and we both did feel as though it was not an intentional part of the game, do i think Jagex should ban those that used it = no, slightly extreme tbh but I do have to agree that if you aren't sure, don't abuse it, accounts are not worth risking esp over such a small amount of xp Sad
It took them nearly a week to patch it- something which was reported on the day of release and takes mere moments to fix I believe.
If nothing was done in the first half of a week when it's so easy to fix, you would expect to be able to assume it isn't a glitch.

How are players meant to know this isn't how you're meant to train a skill? Shortcuts have always given agility experience- much like pickpocketing has always given thieving experience but Pyramid Plunder and Blackjacking always offered better rates. Am I to assume I can't pickpocket knife fighters because the experience is too generous? If anything, they're more extreme as the rates are better than the "real" method. Am I going to get banned for training thieving in this way? I can only assume so now.

Problems like the repeated teleporting are obvious- giving phenomenal experience rates in a method inconsistent with other teleports but this isn't like that. It offers a "good" rate but not the best rate and it seems logical an easier method is there to provide lesser experience. I'm sure I'm not the only one who got my first few agility levels doing the same obstacles repeatedly.

Jagex told us we're allowed to abuse glitches to get better in the game- such as the ring of wealth glitch, DG runecrafting and the familiar glitches. I find it ridiculous they're considering to ban players for their own error after repeatedly giving us the all clear for glitch abuse.

I still fear the safety of my account after MANY times gone to train a skill and been "sitting there clicking and getting high XP"
[Image: portus-champ-2012.png]
[Image: portus.png]
Abuse of any game mechanic which can be considered bug abuse should be taken with the thought "oh I might get banned" and their XP is off I had alot of people saying it was faster then advanced courses.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seers bank glitch? Crawlings hands everwhere Neeson 18 9,798 2011-10-28 22:46:26
Last Post: Cody