Lazy in a nutshell
Thread Closed 

Quote:so dogma is like a postulate, it doesn't have to be proven to be right, however, some people don't believe its right, its not universal law.

Exactly! The only difference I can conceive between dogma and a postulate is that a postulate is understood/accepted by both parties, making a need for proof unnecessary, while dogma need only be accepted without understanding by the party being fed the dogma.

Quote:about sigils. this is what i get from it, they are only used to reinforce your prayers, ill use it in terms i can put it in >.< its used to reinforce faith until your faith is strong enough you don't have to use them anymore. faith being what your trying to accomplish.

I'm not quite sure I explained it properly then. The message I was trying to convey is that prayer and sigilcraft follow the same process, yet belong to two separate paradigms. Prayer involves a belief in an external entity, such as God, whereas sigilcraft does not.

Quote:but I do believe you can learn from going outside these "walls" because its a good learning experience

This is what I try to do myself - I often feel that both religion and science are filled with examples of dogma and expected values where the occult seems to be more focused with the pursuit of knowledge and personal development.

Quote:which can put me into sort of a gnosis state, which i believe is forbidden in Christianity, its too dangerous, in my eyes.

I think you would benefit greatly from reading about Gnostic Christianity and following what interests you from there, for I'm not quite sure you've grasped the idea of gnosis correctly. At a base level, it simply involves a style of inhibitory meditation with the aim of achieving a silence of the mind, to either gain a clearer insight into the subconscious or to consider an issue without premature mental bias. Gnosis itself simply means 'knowledge', though I find it more of a mental state in which the acquisition of knowledge is smoother and more accurate. There are a number of Christians who believe that a gnostic state is the most able to read the meaning behind the Bible, and who take studies in Gnosis alongside Bible Studies in order to gain a fuller understanding of their faith. As before, many of the techniques I may advocate have very practical applications even within your faith, and I hope that in outlining a few of them and how I use them, that you can further your own investigations and perhaps strengthen your faith.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts smile

Have fun at your party!
Three page's is long for a intro o_O

Welcome to Surreal smile
Kev, I haven't heard from you or seen you online in a while! Have you vanished? Just when I was having fun Tongue

Just for the record, if anybody wants to discuss religion, philosophy, metaphysics or anything vaguely related to the above topics, I'm your man - please don't be shy! I'd love to hear from you, whether it's via PM for privacy's sake or in a new thread (or even here!)

<3
Hey Ben! talked to you few times, you're a cool person Biggrin
haha, I was at indianapolis. and lifes stressful right now, although i had a great time at indi I still wont be online as much because of all the crap going on. (look in the absences forum)
[Image: 69b.png]
Forgive my blatant thread necromancy, but I felt that as a returning member my original introduction thread would be sufficient to re-introduce myself. smile

So what's new with Lazy, you ask?

University's in full swing, I'm still nowhere near as busy as I thought I would be, so I have lots of time to play and even when I'm writing an essay or reading through references I'm still doing something ingame, albeit something that requires minimal attention - smithing and fishing come to mind.

I've recently broken my DIY, sold my bank, and started afresh - though since using the GE I must admit it's amazing for those skills that DIY can't seem to train efficiently. I've just finished my cooking skillcape and I'm working towards a few others, but I'm still sticking to a semi-DIY playstyle. I'm also running a log of level 1 clues, which I'll be posting shortly and updating regularly. smile

I look forward to meeting the new members and rekindling friendships with the oldies, so please, don't be shy, say hello and I'm sure we'll be best of friends before long Biggrin
Well welcome back mate, you're been missed Wub
[Image: xjWu8.png]
[Image: 2a6jyb5.png]

Wb mate Wink
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
welcome back Lazy, good to see you back - why on earth did you stop the DIY? :O
(2011-04-04 10:36:07)Meg Wrote:  why on earth did you stop the DIY? :O

Because it's insane!!!!! D:

Haha welcome back to Surreal ^^

First time meeting you though :o