The Big Reveal!
Thread Closed 

I've said it so many times, Ill say it on this thread. Just another gimmick by Jagex.
It looks so epic. It might actually make me use my account with combat a little more Tongue ....and now maybe combat will require skill; not just click, wait, eat, pot, click, repeat
This looks super awesome and I cannot wait for it!

(2012-06-22 19:08:15)Joeym4692 Wrote:  I cant wait!! Dual Wielding!! but not dual whips :[ Looks amazing tho!

You better go and get yourself an excalibur as they are the new off-hand whips.

(2012-06-22 20:45:56)Morfonious Wrote:  I've said it so many times, Ill say it on this thread. Just another gimmick by Jagex.

How is this even a gimmick? They are improving their game
[Image: pmRHyWO.png]
[Image: user1-dark.png][Image: user1-dark.png]
Feel free to contact me any time about anything Biggrin <3 
The only people complaining about this update are the people that are afraid of change. Sorry to bust their bubble but change is how games stay alive.
"Men have called me mad, but the question is not yet settled
whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence whether
all that is profound does not spring from disease of thought
from moods of mind exalted at the expense of general intellect"

[Image: annie_league_of_legends_signature_by_chi...4ylyti.png]

[Image: L7adChF.png]

Looks awesome, oh ur not allowed 2 whips?? Bummer...but oh well still looks awesome.
(2012-06-22 20:45:56)Morfonious Wrote:  I've said it so many times, Ill say it on this thread. Just another gimmick by Jagex.
I really cannot fathom your thought process on this one. What do you mean gimmick? If you mean something that keeps players entertained, and keeps them playing the game then yes it..that is also called a good update though.
Do you see all updates as gimmicks? If you do..well then obviously your just viewing the game wrong. If not, then I do not see why you think one of the best updates I have ever seen is merely a "gimmick".

Anyways thanks again for posting that Gohan! smile
The off-hand being separate equipment makes sense, though sadly that is even mean more tokens for me to get. *sigh* Also i think the whip + Excalibur is actually a really cool combo, maybe even better than double whip.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

(2012-06-23 00:02:34)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  Also i think the whip + Excalibur is actually a really cool combo, maybe even better than double whip.

But double whip would look epic lol. Like whiplash from Iron Man 2. Too bad it's not technically possible.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]

Let me get this straight, this is just another feature that has no practical use right? Surely you're incorrect on that one. And if you truly believe that this is just a gimmick, why would they have saved it for their last announcement before the beta? Why would they have mentioned this, when the beta is shortly around the corner for us to find out the other small "gimmicks". I'd suggest you refresh yourself with what this update really means to Runescape before you go making such harsh decisions as you did here.
1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]
this should make slayer more fun
[Image: FV39kOB.gif]
(2012-06-23 00:28:10)Pulsar Wrote:  

Let me get this straight, this is just another feature that has no practical use right? Surely you're incorrect on that one. And if you truly believe that this is just a gimmick, why would they have saved it for their last announcement before the beta? Why would they have mentioned this, when the beta is shortly around the corner for us to find out the other small "gimmicks". I'd suggest you refresh yourself with what this update really means to Runescape before you go making such harsh decisions as you did here.

Quote: Morfonious Wrote: I've said it so many times, Ill say it on this thread. Just another gimmick by Jagex.

I really cannot fathom your thought process on this one. What do you mean gimmick? If you mean something that keeps players entertained, and keeps them playing the game then yes it..that is also called a good update though.
Do you see all updates as gimmicks? If you do..well then obviously your just viewing the game wrong. If not, then I do not see why you think one of the best updates I have ever seen is merely a "gimmick".

I simply have large issue of distrust with Jagex ever since Dec' of 07. Also for every update, people go OMG, SO GOOD. This is going to be AMAZING, then two months later everyone says the opposite. That's why I see it as over-hyped and gimmicky. I play rs for it's simplicity, not the system that they're going to introduce.