The Big Reveal!
Thread Closed 

(2012-06-23 03:41:16)Morfonious Wrote:  
(2012-06-23 00:28:10)Pulsar Wrote:  
(2012-06-22 20:45:56)Morfonious Wrote:  I've said it so many times, Ill say it on this thread. Just another gimmick by Jagex.

Let me get this straight, this is just another feature that has no practical use right? Surely you're incorrect on that one. And if you truly believe that this is just a gimmick, why would they have saved it for their last announcement before the beta? Why would they have mentioned this, when the beta is shortly around the corner for us to find out the other small "gimmicks". I'd suggest you refresh yourself with what this update really means to Runescape before you go making such harsh decisions as you did here.

Quote: Morfonious Wrote: I've said it so many times, Ill say it on this thread. Just another gimmick by Jagex.

I really cannot fathom your thought process on this one. What do you mean gimmick? If you mean something that keeps players entertained, and keeps them playing the game then yes it..that is also called a good update though.
Do you see all updates as gimmicks? If you do..well then obviously your just viewing the game wrong. If not, then I do not see why you think one of the best updates I have ever seen is merely a "gimmick".

I simply have large issue of distrust with Jagex ever since Dec' of 07. Also for every update, people go OMG, SO GOOD. This is going to be AMAZING, then two months later everyone says the opposite. That's why I see it as over-hyped and gimmicky. I play rs for it's simplicity, not the system that they're going to introduce.

I have grown to look at Jagex with a certain level of skepticism and distrust in recent years as well. I am worried about whether or not Jagex will be able to pull off the update in it's entirety without taking away from the game I've grown to love-hate over the many years, but I see the game is progressing and with this "gimmick", it unlocks a whole new level of game-play and interest in the game.
From the Combat HQ:

Quote:We've been saving the best until last. With the Evolution of Combat, you'll have the ability to dual wield weaponry! This includes one-handed weapons such as daggers and scimitars, as well as crossbows, and much more!

Melee users will be able to dual wield the majority of one-handed offensive weapons. Ranged users will be able to dual wield one-handed crossbows. Magic users will get the new offensive one-handed items such as wands, as well as offensive offhand items such as orbs and new defensive shields.

The new off-hand items are not available in game yet, so no need to go purchasing two of the main-hand versions, as it won't work. Offensive off-hand items will be members-only, and will be added to various drop tables. Some may even be craftable or smithable with the full launch.

Not only will you have the option to dual wield, but you'll also be able to mix and match between types of combat. You'll have the option of wielding – for example - a sword and a crossbow, or a sword and a magic orb. You could even cast magic spells with a melee and ranged weapon equipped if the situation called for it, meaning all three combat types on the fly!

Naturally, this will give you a lot of choice, and you'll be able to spend plenty of time tweaking your favourite armour and weapon setups. While each setup will feel different and have its own advantages, we're keeping the core damage formula balanced. As a general reference, wielding a two-handed weapon will deal 150% damage compared to an equivalent one-handed main-hand item; an off-hand weapon will do 50%; and claws in either hand will do 75% each.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
(2012-06-23 03:41:16)Morfonious Wrote:  
(2012-06-23 00:28:10)Pulsar Wrote:  
(2012-06-22 20:45:56)Morfonious Wrote:  I've said it so many times, Ill say it on this thread. Just another gimmick by Jagex.

Let me get this straight, this is just another feature that has no practical use right? Surely you're incorrect on that one. And if you truly believe that this is just a gimmick, why would they have saved it for their last announcement before the beta? Why would they have mentioned this, when the beta is shortly around the corner for us to find out the other small "gimmicks". I'd suggest you refresh yourself with what this update really means to Runescape before you go making such harsh decisions as you did here.

Quote: Morfonious Wrote: I've said it so many times, Ill say it on this thread. Just another gimmick by Jagex.

I really cannot fathom your thought process on this one. What do you mean gimmick? If you mean something that keeps players entertained, and keeps them playing the game then yes it..that is also called a good update though.
Do you see all updates as gimmicks? If you do..well then obviously your just viewing the game wrong. If not, then I do not see why you think one of the best updates I have ever seen is merely a "gimmick".

I simply have large issue of distrust with Jagex ever since Dec' of 07. Also for every update, people go OMG, SO GOOD. This is going to be AMAZING, then two months later everyone says the opposite. That's why I see it as over-hyped and gimmicky. I play rs for it's simplicity, not the system that they're going to introduce.

Surely you understand that the system that we have now is extremely flawed and needs to be changed. Years of code has built up on top of the system that doesn't work and that is why we have unnecessary amounts of overpowered or under powered weapons. You're distrust with Jagex is also unnecessary, they've launched many successful updates since that time, but players seem to forget that has happened, and only focus on the negatives.

If you're narrow minded about changing the game, then I'm afraid this game is not for you.
1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]
WOW. That looks amazing. I can't believe something like this is going to be in RUNESCAPE.
Found this on net'

[Image: QNasd.png]
I'm exceptionally excited for this update, and this video has done nothing but do the same thing the other blogs have done. This update looks like it's going to be simply excellent, I hope I'm not proven wrong.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
(2012-06-24 07:23:31)Morfonious Wrote:  Found this on net'

One problem with that photo; before you I hadn't seen anyone even attempt to knock the progression of Runescape through Jagex's new "gimmick" and they were praising the update before, during and after the reveal of dual-wielding! Silly britches.
(2012-06-25 04:54:54)Whiskey Wrote:  
(2012-06-24 07:23:31)Morfonious Wrote:  Found this on net'

One problem with that photo; before you I hadn't seen anyone even attempt to knock the progression of Runescape through Jagex's new "gimmick" and they were praising the update before, during and after the reveal of dual-wielding! Silly britches.

The only ones that were complaining and still are complaining are the pures cause they gonna become obsolete.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
And here I was thinking Jordan was going to do a strip show for us...

Go figure. No
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

(2012-06-25 06:28:24)old_jon Wrote:  And here I was thinking Jordan was going to do a strip show for us...

Go figure. No

What you didn't get the invite to it? I thought he sent it to everyone.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]