Introduction
Thread Closed 

Hello Surreal!
Thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself since I just recently posted in the zybez topic. I'll give a quick rundown of the Runescape info and then a quick rundown of the real life info.

My display name is Gallivantis in Runescape, but I tend to change it on a whim. This is actually the first username I have used without the word Gex (my nickname in game) in it. Wanted to turn over a new leaf, since many of the people that used to call me Gex have now quit the game. So, new name, new group of people to meet! I am a level 12 prayer skiller (72 prayer) with a total of 1275 (got awhile to go on the 1400+). My three highest levels are 99 thieving, 85 woodcutting, and 82 farming. Favorite skills are farming, thieving, and runecrafting. I have had this account going since around August of 2006, but it didn't become my main until January of 2007. According to my adventurer's log, I've played a total of 59 days, 18 hours. Don't think that's a lot of time in almost 6 years of playing an account, and, according to some I should have higher levels than that, but I enjoy the community aspect of Runescape more than the grinding of levels, so I tend to sit an talk or do events that don't focus on levelling anything. I have been apart of a few different communities in my time, the first of which and the one that will forever be in my heart is G.U.I.L.D.S. (Guilds Under Independent Leadership Developing Skills). Was part of that for about 3 years until it disbanded. Since then, I've played with former Guildees in different communities, but most of them have quit. Now, onto a new chapter for me in registering for the forums here at Surreal!

In real life, my name is Alex. I'm a 21 year old university student from Georgia in the United States. Studying political science, spanish, and international studies with the intention of working in the state department when I'm older. I'm not 100% fluent in spanish, but I studied in Spain for 6 weeks this summer, so I'm about as close to being fluent as can be. I'm an avid reader. I bought a nook (e-reader) for myself this summer and am loving it. Since May 13th, I've read 11 books. I mostly read fantasy and science fiction, but I also delve into mystery, spy thrillers, historical fiction, and the occasional history, political, or philosophy book. My two favorite series of books are the Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan/Brandon Sanderson and A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin. I play video games as well and right now I've been playing NBA 2k12 as well as Runescape. Currently I'm trying to find a friend with Mass Effect 3 that I can borrow since that is my favorite series of games. Lastly, I love music and don't know what I would do without it. I have a pretty eclectic taste, ranging from MUTEMATH to Chevelle to Pink Floyd to The Roots. Genres I don't like include country, R&B, pop, and rap that discusses hardcore drugs/violence/denigration of women.

I think that about sums up most of what I needed to say. If anybody has any questions, feel free to ask. One question I do have is, are people who aren't members allowed in the friend/clan chat? Wouldn't want to break a rule before I'm even at the requirements. Can't wait to meet some new people! smile
Hey Alex, great intro.. I feel like I know you lol. To answer your question, yes, you can come in CC as a guest. Hope to see you around smile WELCOME BTW!
[Image: south-gal79.png]
~Life is 10% how make it, 90% how we take it.~
Welcome to Surreal Alex, great introduction! I am also a huge lover of thieving and farming both being my favourite skills in game Biggrin

As a guest you are welcome to hang around and get to know us via Forums/IRC/Clan Chat in game smile
Hey and welcome! smile
Welcome to Surreal, Alex! Enjoy your stay after that wonderful intro, let us know if you have any questions! smile
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
Hello Alex,
That was quite an enjoyable read smile

I look forward to talking to you in rs =]
Welcome to Surreal smile
Wow! what a well-detailed introduction!

My name is Joey, obviously haha and it's nice to meet you! welcome to Clan Surreal!
Hello Alex. Welcome. Bye

I can see from your introduction that you will be very well received here at Surreal. It was such an interesting read.

I am a big fan of the Wheel of Time series too. Have you read any David Eddings or Raymond E Fiest?
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

Hi there Alex! Welcome to Surreal! May I suggest you read 50 Shades of Grey? Just kidding haha. I hope you enjoy your stay!
[Image: 13847_s.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction Grimgbo! Helloooooh! meanhobgoblin 10 7,358 2018-10-20 13:50:59
Last Post: Mihana
  Introduction to Myself and how i got here: Jett 9 5,931 2018-07-21 01:09:34
Last Post: Dark
  Another introduction because I'm back~ SirAddiLot 11 7,432 2018-04-24 10:49:46
Last Post: Clifford
  indoctrinati... Introduction. Jonnothehobbo 3 2,826 2017-10-11 12:42:35
Last Post: Jerome
  My Introduction! (Two Moons) nerv 7 5,051 2017-07-15 00:30:35
Last Post: Giuseppe