The Hardest Skill Cape?
Thread Closed 

Getting 96 herblore was an expensive endevour to say the very least, payed about 150m ish I think, can't remember, it was just before 2x xp weekend, and i didn't know about said 2x xp weekend, so i bought the supplies and used them all before the weekend started, and then raged lol
http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/99

I go for rc
Yay for getting Herblore for 80m before overload update Biggrin

In my opinion the hardest skill to get to 99 is Slayer, I just feel like it's expensive to train (at least efficiently) and I've never been the rich-player, thus making it slow training it without a cannon or prayer potions and extremes/overloads. Herblore was an exception as I got it with the money I made from Runecrafting.
Anything that I have to constantly *grind* at in my opinion wears my patience thin. So, over the years, I have learned not do one continuous skill to 99. Perseverance, determination, dedication and the desire is what works for me in the above skills. Good

I can afford to buy my skills, sometimes I will buy a level if I am close to leveling, otherwise I rotate my skills like I always do to keep from going crazy :to_become_senile:

I still get a kick when I level, especially with the bells and whistles going off Yahoo

[Image: skillcapes.gif]

Thieving. I just can't get my hands on it.
(2010-11-16 07:18:07)Hoodoo Wrote:  Thieving. I just can't get my hands on it.

I second that one!
For me personally, Agility is the hardest skill cape simpily because there's no real reward at the end except for a skill cape. With other skills there's usually either a reward such as cash from Runecrafting and Slayer or the skill can be very quick to train such as Thieving and Firemaking.
With Agility though, it's only around 50-70k exp/hour (which I find slow) unless you use a penance horn in which case you have to spend that time playing Barbarian Assault. Even though there are skills with much lower exp/hour like Slayer and Runecrafting, their still worthwhile to train because of the amount of profit you can make from them. The way you train Agility as well is just tedious. You're running around in circles, a bit like Runecrafting but unlike Runecrafting you're not making any money from it. You don't get to make new potions like Herblore or new armour like Smithing. You don't really get much from it. So for me, anyone who has 99 Agility gets alot of respect simpily for having the dedication to train it for such a long time using such tedious methods.
I find a skill like agility hard,its slow, no profit, cant afk it..
reason why it not a buyable like herblore, is because there is a lot of ways to optain the money needed , boss hunt, profitable skills, merching, dailies, etc etc.
Runecrafting, hm yeah it can be hard, its basically like agility (imo) u just run around & around & around.. but you gain money from it - motivation boost right there..
Slayer - I find slayer as the most entertaining skill (apart from Dungeoneering if u got a gd team) its really good profit, its not that slow if you do it the right way. ppls who say Slayer is costly are either really unlucky or just.. wierd? its only costly till lvl 75 or so. + you get effigys (nice boost to any skill right there?)
(2010-12-31 23:01:27)Cille Wrote:  ppls who say Slayer is costly are either really unlucky or just.. wierd? its only costly till lvl 75 or so. + you get effigys (nice boost to any skill right there?)

Not really to argue or anything but Slayer can be costly if you use the fastest ways to train it.

Cannoning, piety/turmoil and skipping tasks you cannot cannon will cost you about 80m to 99. (Price may be outdated due to GE changes but it was 80m about 4 months ago when I calc'd it as an average.)

That includes the average made from drops.

[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
Still kicking myself over not buying herblore before overloads.

No skills is hard, every skill is clicking, some more than others. I am used to getting about 25k exp an hour doing most things. I can't stand combat at all, so that's my vote.
[Image: Rarely_Lucky.png]

[Image: Rarely_Lucky.png]

[Image: spinner_big.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Update] Skill Pets Nick 6 7,257 2016-08-23 09:07:09
Last Post: Nick
  The best wc method for skill week! Sir_Sparhawk 3 3,463 2016-01-28 00:18:51
Last Post: Geech
  Fastest skill Myster Q 7 7,247 2015-04-14 06:44:21
Last Post: Myster Q
  [Treasure Hunter] Skill Outfit Head Add-Ons Ava 5 6,863 2014-09-26 02:03:27