Poll: Would you buy these Top Trumps?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
1 9.09%
No
10 90.91%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Runescape Top trumps
Thread Closed 

I'm not sure if there already has been a thread about this... but meh.

Runescape Top Trumps

Original Runescape Post

Card games are awesome! People of all ages can sit down and enjoy a good card game together, and few are as popular and well-known as Top Trumps. As fantastic as Top Trumps are, though, they’ve always had a significant lack of Gielinor...until now!

In partnership with Winning Moves, we're launching the first RuneScape Top Trumps card pack, themed around the 'Monsters of RuneScape'. However, with so many great characters to choose from, we’re going to need your help to determine who will appear in our Top Trumps card decks. 15 character cards have been selected by the RuneScape Team and will definitely feature in the pack, but the remaining 15 spots will be down to your vote.

Over 30 monsters will battle it out in a members' poll each day for the next 15 days. The winners will make it into our Top Trumps deck, while the losers will be left to simmer in a pool of jealousy.

This weekend's epic choice is:

Hreidmar vs Rum Zombie

Vote on these now by clicking the match names! We will announce all the winners once the polls have ended.

Good luck and vote well!

The RuneScape Community Team

What are everyone's views on this? I myself would not want to buy some Top Trumps on the topic of Runescape.
That may just be me, but i'm pretty sure a lot of other people wouldn't be overly bothered about this. Grin

Edit: Added Poll.
[Image: 7cDz1.png]
[Image: 5FVMQQ3.png]
I play magic the gather the card game. Card games are fun and amazing to interact with other players, what makes the card games worth playing and buying is the ability and card types. the top trumps company is big but no one takes any of their games serious or competitive.
What would make these an instant buy is if Runescape went out and made/ printed/ distributed their own cards in packs/sets/ crates.
(2013-11-12 00:29:56)Killians Wrote:  I play magic the gather the card game. Card games are fun and amazing to interact with other players, what makes the card games worth playing and buying is the ability and card types. the top trumps company is big but no one takes any of their games serious or competitive.
What would make these an instant buy is if Runescape went out and made/ printed/ distributed their own cards in packs/sets/ crates.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/RuneScape_Duel_Cards
[Image: angusmotm.png]
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
http://www.toptrumps.com/usa/
Never even heard of Top Trumps.

If it's not Blackjack I'll pass.
Is the glass half empty or half full? Neither, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
[Image: EW4yt.gif]
Looks suspicially like xp waste to me... No
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

Never heard of top trumps until I read this update :s

As far as buying cards, I'm with Drew.
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
I have no interest in this at all, but I guess its a different approach for Jagex to take.
I loved top trumps as a kid, had maybe ten or fifteen different packs and every day I had to decide which two or three to take to school because I couldn't take them all... They were so fun Biggrin

No one I know IRL plays scape so these won't really work for me though Sad And the characters are a little obscure, at least for this first vote. If they create a Portus card with unbeatable stats I'll buy a pack though Wub
[Image: portus-champ-2012.png]
[Image: portus.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funny runescape memes Oxide 1 6,443 2018-07-16 09:19:37
Last Post: Meg
  Your RuneScape Shopping List (DXP) Crazy Nurse 17 12,103 2018-02-01 15:01:30
Last Post: JeliBelski
  12/12/2016 Runescape Update! PiXeYstyx 3 3,544 2016-12-14 13:31:16
Last Post: PiXeYstyx
  Problems with accessing RuneScape? ChangingLane 1 2,718 2016-10-21 21:59:26
Last Post: ChangingLane