Magic Training
Thread Closed 

For the fastest XP, training in the abyss is probably your best.
Also very fast XP and also good money/charms is Glacors, though they require a lot more effort and need some higher level quests done.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Currently at the Abyss, using Ahrim's and Staff of Light with Ganodermic boots and gloves, any ideas on what to use in terms of a cape, ring, amulet? Take into account Im on a budget. :p
Nice! I still haven't tried the abyss... heard it's amazing though.

Cape: Mage Arena Cape, not too difficult to get (http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/God_cape)
Ring: Seers' ring - about 700k-ish? (http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Seers_ring)
Amulet: Saradomin's hiss - a little under 1m. (http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Saradomin_hiss)

There aren't really any alternatives for the ring, other than an Explorer's ring if you've done the Lumbridge tasks. You could use a Glory instead of the Hiss. Later on if you get your DG level up, you'll be able to buy an Arcane Stream. They're fantastic Tongue
Thanks, will buy all of those. Completely forgot about the mage arena cape! What're your thoughts on using a wand with an offhand instead of staff of light?
Also remember to use momentum, it doubles your exp/h smile

Ive been doing abyss for the last 12m exp and it seems that wand and book > staff of the same level tier. So you'd rather have lvl 70 wand and book vs lvl 70 staff
[Image: angusmotm.png]
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
(2014-01-24 06:21:59)Angus Wrote:  Also remember to use momentum, it doubles your exp/h smile

Ive been doing abyss for the last 12m exp and it seems that wand and book > staff of the same level tier. So you'd rather have lvl 70 wand and book vs lvl 70 staff

I'll keep that in mind with momentum, I don't think I've been using it. :/ Is Wand of Treachery enough to suffice, with maybe an orb offhand?

I'm going to be using the bloodfire burst regardless of being able to use bloodfire barrage as I want to conserve cash atm. I'm not entirely sure of the difference in experience rates.
Yeah stick to death runes, wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy cheaper, roughly 0.8 gp/xp for 350k/h mage + w/e the hp is, blood runes are like 390k/h + the hp for roughly 2.5 gp/xp
[Image: angusmotm.png]
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Definitely a good call with the death runes then!
The abyssal method definitely seems popular nowadays haha. If you need any weapons/armor let me know I have no problem lending something to you!

When i went for 99 magic i found myself doing a lot of different things. I'd say the largest bulk of it came from just training slayer, so if you're not too concerned about reaching a certain level as fast as possible I'd recommend just doing that smile Good luck!
Thanks Gatrie, my exp rate on seems around 150-200k exp per hour the last time I did it which seems a little low really :/ If you have any high level wands or off-hands you could stick on the loan system that'd help a lot!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invention training Zooperman 2 3,314 2017-06-09 03:35:59
Last Post: Zooperman
  Better training Telemachus 2 3,230 2016-06-02 05:40:01
Last Post: Gohankuten
  Profitable herblore/prayer training method Dave 12 8,292 2014-03-01 21:20:03
Last Post: Papa Malice
  Range training Dave 4 3,762 2012-03-25 04:26:04
Last Post: Dave
  Unorthodox Runescape Training Method Mini Kniight 11 8,224 2011-12-16 21:19:58
Last Post: Kun