Surreal Revealed Revived

Surreal Revealed
The Real Surreal | April '17

Words from the Editor

Oh-- Hello! It's been a while, hasn't it? Old members:  hello again. New members: nice to meet you. Surreal Revealed is the Surreal newsletter which keeps you up to date on Surrealian happenings and lets you know what's ahead.

Recently, Surreal has entered a new era. First and foremost, thank you to @Linda, @ChangingLaneand @samro30 for all your efforts in helping Surreal run SWCs, implementing new forum tools (e.g. Anonymous Contact on Hub), organizing the Surreal Yearly Awards, and all of the behind-the-scenes work you've done. Really and truly, thank you.

They've passed off the torch to @JeliBelski (Haley), @Jerome, @lylietheelf (Chrissy), and @Thorgrimssen (Kyle), who now compose our Surreal Staff Team. Congratulations! The Surreal Staff members host events and set the tone for what it means to be a Surrealian. They also create new ways to enrich your Surreal experience in Runescape. Have ideas to make Surreal a better place? Simply PM a staff in game or tell us on the forums.

Lastly, a HUGE THANK-YOU to @Lady Spyra (Mel). As our 'Leader,' she is the glue that keeps this clan together. She has recruited 50 members to Surreal throughout her time here, and she's always there to help out the team. Thanks Mel!

Spotlight: Competition & Events

Our goal as a clan is to enrich one another's Runescape experience. Help us do that by showing us your great personality through Clan Chat or even creating good discussions both in-game and on our forums. As a staff team, we're committed to creating ways to keep the skilling, killing (monsters), and community-building interesting.

Just how are we doing that? Well...

Skill Week Championship: is an all-time favorite--you know the drill. See you guys in Season 2 Round 1!

Challenges: are a way to boost motivation in training a skill. Pick a friend, or two, or three, maybe? Then, race to see who can reach a certain skill level first. Or, change things up and see who can get the most Hard-mode Armadyl kills in a week. The choice is yours! The important thing is to post a topic in the forum so we can share in the fun.

Daily Skilling Records: are back! Pick a skill you want to dominate and show your fellow Surrealians who's boss by gaining the most XP in a single skill for a day. May the best no-lifer win!

New Members

We'd like to welcome new Surrealians to our family! We hope that you're enjoying your time and continue to do so.
@D3MAC1ANZ
@Leviathan
@MrMr1232
@sorchaflaith
@Lewid
@itsHubris
@skillerking
@Mason

If you think someone on your friends list would be a good fit to join the Surreal family, why not invite them to make an introduction? We'd all love to meet them. Give_heart

Can't keep track of who's in the clan? Check out a complete list of our members here.

Achievements

CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS!

@old_jon 120 Invention, 2715 Total, 1.1B Overall, 
@lylietheelf 50M fishing exp
@Socomhunterr 60M fishing, 115 Fishing 20M ranged
@Jerome 99 Agility, 99 Crafting
@thorgrimssen 99 Fishing
@sorchaflaith 225M Overall XP
@Thrashkick 20M Constitution XP
@Leviathan Thieving Pet

Didn't see your achievement in here? Sorry we missed it! Let us know by posting in Surrealians in the News or create a Goal Log to keep us up to date!

Skill Week Championship

Season 1 of 2017 has finished! @Dark emerged victorious with 560 points. Rounding out the top 3 were @lylietheelf with 530 points and @samro30 with 380 points. Great job to everyone that participated in the first season. Full results can be found here.

Season 2 is coming up! Make sure you open up your HUB and click the 'Sign Up' button.

Place Username Total points
1st @Dark 560
2nd @lylietheelf 530
3rd @samro30 380
4th @old_jon 360
5th @Thorgrimssen 230

Two Truths & A Lie

How's it work? These three people have given us three descriptions of themselves. 2 are true. 1 is a lie. You must (A) Match each person to a set of statements and (B) Figure out which of the 3 statements is the lie. Feel free to post your answers here.

1. I like to cook.
2. I like to golf.
3. I like to party.

1. I have spoken with Michael Phelps, Olympic swimmer.
2. I took a joy ride on a stolen motorcycle. 
3. I'm Freshman in my 4th year at UF studying to be a Veterinarian because I love working with children.

1. I have three children, 2 girls and a boy
2. I have been married 7 times in 6 years
3. I have never been on holiday abroad. 

Judy(@sorchaflaith) / @Shawn / Shad (@iR Shad)

We'll reveal the answers a week from now.

Answers

Closing Remarks & Behind the Scenes

Our thanks goes out to you, Surrealians, for being with us! With your continued support, our future will always be bright. Here's to continued successes in 2017!

Upcoming: Brace yourself for war: Surreal v. the gods. Also, get ready to check some tasks off your list.

As always, if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions we encourage you to voice your opinion by making a new thread on the discussion forum or by PM'ing a staff member.
YAY! The newsletter is back! smile The staff team is working hard to keep things progressing forward and I am impressed by their creativity Wink I'm excited for the future of Surreal and all the fun things we'll be introducing to you, the members Biggrin I hope you're just as excited as we are!
[Image: GpJL.png]

[Image: GVO3.png]
Well, I started to post my guess for the 2 Truths & a Lie, then realized that would be giving myself away...   No
I'm not making it that easy. Nono

I will say that "@sorchaflaith 225M Overall XP"  was a shocker to me... Apparently I missed my own achievement. Blush2

Congrats on everyone else though. Good
(2017-04-09 20:05:25)sorchaflaith Wrote:  Well, I started to post my guess for the 2 Truths & a Lie, then realized that would be giving myself away...   No

I will say that "@sorchaflaith 225M Overall XP"  was a shocker to me... Apparently I missed my own achievement. Blush2

You are more than welcome to participate. smile
(2017-04-09 23:49:20)Jerome Wrote:  
(2017-04-09 20:05:25)sorchaflaith Wrote:  Well, I started to post my guess for the 2 Truths & a Lie, then realized that would be giving myself away...   No

You are more than welcome to participate. smile

Nah... Because if I know which one is mine. lol.  My guess would let everyone know by default which one it was.
I see the notifier only works every 10M exp because i'm 800k xp off of 70m fish xp Tongue

But nice letter ^^ really enjoy it smile
very nice...great way to keep up on everything smile
[Image: 9pJejd6.png]                                [Image: RaJoT7W.png]
You're all doing awesome work. Thank you for keeping this clan great!
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
Here are my absolutely terrible guesses for Two truths:

Set one: IR Shad. Lie=liking to golf
Set two: Sorcha. Lie=Freshman in fourth year?
Set three: Shawn. Lie=never been abroad.

I honestly have no idea, though. All for them are interesting!
Don't send me into a library without supervision unless you're prepared to file a missing persons report.
Two truths and a lie

1. I like to cook.
2. I like to golf.
3. I like to party. (LIEEEEEE)
^^^@Shawn

1. I have spoken with Michael Phelps, Olympic swimmer.
2. I took a joy ride on a stolen motorcycle.
3. I'm Freshman in my 4th year at UF studying to be a Veterinarian because I love working with children.((Lie, seriously, training to be a vet so you can work with children??)
^^Shad (@iR Shad)

1. I have three children, 2 girls and a boy.
2. I have been married 7 times in 6 years.((lie))
3. I have never been on holiday abroad.

^^Judy(@sorchaflaith)
[Image: SYRulGm.png]

2016 Surreal Awards

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Surreal's Secret Santa 2018 JeliBelski 36 17,149 2018-12-26 22:38:34
Last Post: Cava
  Surreal +8 Downfall 14 8,385 2018-10-07 11:36:16
Last Post: Nick
  A New Surreal Downfall 19 13,866 2018-05-28 07:08:15
Last Post: Jerome
  April at Surreal: Our Best Downfall 11 7,183 2018-04-03 10:27:46
Last Post: Downfall
  Annual Surreal Awards 2016: The winners ChangingLane 12 7,032 2017-01-16 09:41:56
Last Post: ChangingLane