Poll: Which should I get?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Longsword
1 4.55%
Rapier
21 95.45%
Maul
0 0%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Mod Please Close] So... Chaotic long vs Chaotic Rapier vs Chaotic Maul
Thread Closed 

Rapier gets my vote, it's too versatile compared to the other weapons to not take it first.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
I voted rapier, but if you plan to do some barbarian assaults as "attacker" then perhaps longsword would be better.
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

I know a majority of you have voted rapier, but the Long looks so much better... I mean the rapier is just a little faster, the long is far more superior in every other way..

[Image: 5oromf.png]

So, what makes the Rapier so much better when stat wise it is inferior..?

You guys say its more accurate but statistically the long is going to be more accurate because it has higher bonuses in stab and slash attack and will hit higher because its strength bonus. I guess I'm not quite understanding...
Because of the fact that both hit pretty high, it's considered better to have the chaotic rapier for monsters with less hp due to it's speed. To put it another way, if you're going to two shot every monster, then the amount you hit won't factor in, but instead the speed is the major differing factor. I personally love my rapier and I use it for all my slayer tasks, bork and Bandos.

It seems to do really good still at Bandos, hitting pretty consistent 400+'s for me (At 96 strength), but if your only purpose for the chaotic weapon is to use it for boss killing, then definitely go for the CLS, since then the larger hits will actually matter with the amount of hp bosses have.
[Image: Exbajalator.png][Image: Exbajalator.png]
[Image: 2q00m8h.jpg]
[Image: nMqpp.png]
=:-:=  Live Young, Have Fun And May Tomorrow Never Come =:-:=
I dont know where they were getting that the Rapier is more accurate, cause the CLS is more accurate yes. But as Exbajalator was trying to explain, its all about the damage per second.

Seeing as the rapier is faster, it will do more damage over a 30min period than the long, no matter the stats or accuracy. So all in all, it comes down to what you plan to do with it.
Just calculating the stats :p
Hit potential

CLS (107+124-2+120)*5 = 1745
Maul (-4-4+167+155)*3 = 942
Rapier (94+78-2+101)*6 = 1626

I know simple math does not count on RS, but still...
Why wont I pick that CLS? :p
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
(2011-06-05 11:31:12)Smith Wrote:  Just calculating the stats :p
Hit potential

CLS (107+124-2+120)*5 = 1745
Maul (-4-4+167+155)*3 = 942
Rapier (94+78-2+101)*6 = 1626

I know simple math does not count on RS, but still...
Why wont I pick that CLS? :p

You had it right with the simple math bit. Math like that isn't an indicator of what you should pick at all. As return posted earlier, it's really all about DPS (damage per second). The maul hits slower, but because it has the capability to hit so much higher, the DPS averages out the highest of the 3. The rapier, while not the strongest, hits faster, averaging out the DPS to second to the maul. The long has neither strength nor speed, so the DPS doesn't work out as well as the other two.

HOWEVER, keep in mind that these sort of tests aren't done on boss monsters, and most likely done with slayer. The reason the rapier is best for slayer is it's speed. Most slayer monsters either have very low defence, making the few points difference in accuracy between the weapons matter very little; or are weak to stab, which is what the rapier is best at.

The long, on the other hand, doesn't have that speed, so even though the hits won't be terribly different, it proves inferior in slayer. On boss monsters though, as pointed out, accuracy matters more, and thus due to the long's higher bonuses, it will out hit the rapier.

When it comes to crush weakness monsters, that's really the only place the maul shines like it should, due to it's substantial crush bonus.

Also a lot if not all DPS testing, at least in the efficiency circuit of things, which is really the only place this debate matters, is done overload potted and praying turmoil, so that may account for a bit of difference in any personal testing you do.

I hope that put some of the debates here to rest.
A vote is useless since you didn't say what you are going to be using the weapon the most, but looking through the posts here should tell you what you need to know. I will sum it up for you again though:
Rapier - Slayer, training etc.
Longsword - Boss Monsters
Maul - PvP, Crush Attacks
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

So, for everyday use, like playing c wars, dueling, quests, slayer, bossing, other minigames, stuff like that...what is most suggested?
(2011-06-06 06:38:31)CotySinz Wrote:  So, for everyday use, like playing c wars, dueling, quests, slayer, bossing, other minigames, stuff like that...what is most suggested?

It depends what you'll be doing the MOST out of that list. If you'll be doing more slayer, go for rapier. More of the other stuff, longsword. For what you've listed I'd say forget the maul if you haven't already.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How long do you think Runescape has left? Angus 22 13,624 2014-01-24 11:42:20
Last Post: Exciled
  Downfall needs help getting Chaotic Downfall 14 7,795 2012-07-01 21:05:43
Last Post: Joseph
  Combat Evolution Beta is Close! Whiskey 23 13,810 2012-06-01 22:50:34
Last Post: Dave