How long do you think Runescape has left?
Thread Closed 

This is a very strange topic and I'm sure it means a lot to each and every one of you. As we can all tell, the player base has halved since the release of EOC. Personally, I still think there's a number of years left in the game, and I highly doubt it will be "Closed" compared to just not updated.

Discuss.
[Image: angusmotm.png]
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
A while still.
Is the glass half empty or half full? Neither, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
[Image: EW4yt.gif]
It still seems to have a pretty big following. They're finding new ways to get money from players, which I think will help. I think it still has a while left to go. I'm not sure how much longer it'll be able to keep me totally interested. My interests and priorities have changed quite a bit since I started playing. I think the game itself will keep going if they can find a way to attract new players.
[img=0x40]http://i.min.us/idZkQa.png[/img]
[img=0x200]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/137/505/zQLMZ.gif[/img]
[Image: 7WiM6jg.png]
g & a p m p r o f i l e
s t a t s (Click to View)
I think it still has a while, a good couple of years. Going from the hiscores theres currently ~460k subscribed players, thats just over £2m in revenues for jagex and although a good chunk of those accounts probably dont buy membership constantly, its been around that number for a while now.

Also at runefest jagex showed interest towards making the game into a proper PC platform, rather than being browser based, as their HTML5 version didn't turn out quite as they expected, which is what I said from the start, the technology just isn't ready for something like this, its still very primitive.

Things have been looking up the last couple of months, but I don't think thats going to be a permanent thing. Jagex did say theres actually more people playing now than when they first released EOC, not sure if thats entirely true.

They're certainly advertising it a lot, at least over here. W/e you go to the cinema theres always an advert about it :o
@iWader on Twitter.
I'd say a good while. smile
Hopefully you guys are right, it's just been coming up more and more recently with the member base declining.
[Image: angusmotm.png]
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
A week at most, maybe 2 if we're lucky.

In all seriousness though, as long as this game is generating a reasonable income I can't see it disappearing.
Adventurer's Log | Exp Tracker | Goals & Achievements
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
This has been brought up alot since the game first came out and its still around, Im sure it will be here for years to come.
I can't imagine this game dying anytime soon. Especially with events like RuneFest that get players hyped about new content coming in the next year, as long as Jagex lives up to the hype I think Runescape will be fine.

This is the only game I know of that can put out new updates on a weekly basis and for the most part make quality content at the same time. It feels like a lot of people take that for granted and it's not easy to program something perfect the first time, especially when you're constantly pumping out content.

Overall though, I think Runescape is here to stay and we will be able to enjoy for more years to come. smile
Honestly they have made alot more strides to advertise and be player friendly. Events such as runefest are still relatively new and is a great way for players/jagex to come together. Yes Jagex has made controversial decisions and has drastically changed the game, but just because you might not like doesn't mean someone else does. As long as there is revenue and the desire to keep updating the game and their content then Runescape will be around for a while.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funny runescape memes Oxide 1 6,445 2018-07-16 09:19:37
Last Post: Meg
  Your RuneScape Shopping List (DXP) Crazy Nurse 17 12,121 2018-02-01 15:01:30
Last Post: JeliBelski
  12/12/2016 Runescape Update! PiXeYstyx 3 3,550 2016-12-14 13:31:16
Last Post: PiXeYstyx
  Problems with accessing RuneScape? ChangingLane 1 2,722 2016-10-21 21:59:26
Last Post: ChangingLane
  2016 Runescape New Years Resolutions Shawn 12 10,111 2016-04-19 20:51:58
Last Post: Joeym4692