Modern Day RuneScape
Thread Closed 

The problem with Bots at the moment isn't just within F2P, it is P2P too.

The rumour I hear circulating most is that JaGeX won't ban P2P bots because they pay membership fees - and that matters more to them than the fact that these players are cheating, and making the gaming experience unpleasant for everyone else.

However this theory cannot apply to the F2P bots because they don't pay anything, what they do however is rack up the account numbers. So when JaGeX claim to have 'X Million Registered Accounts', not everyone knows that half of them are probably F2P bots.

I don't know if it was in the video above or the one that one user posted in response to this one on YouTube, but it shows a Player Mod 'cleansing' the G.E of bots, then they just seem to re-appear almost straight away (with new accounts).

This is the way RSC ended - in the beginning it was a brilliant game, everyone loved the retro graphics and communities that RSC had, until bots started creeping in. You go to RSC now and 99% of users are bots, the 1% are those who remained behind because they like the old style RuneScape.

The difference with RSC bots and RS2 bots is that RSC bots don't advertise - although that's probably because hardly anyone plays that version. The RS2 bots DO advertise, and it's just heart-breaking, as a Vet, to see the game falling into dis-repair. I would happily sacrifice a month of no updates if JaGeX found a way to FULLY RESOLVE the bot problem and find a way of never letting them back into the game.
[Image: UberSanta.png][Image: 42u3cez]
[Image: zamorak.png]

(2011-08-20 15:16:50)UberSanta Wrote:  I would happily sacrifice a month of no updates if JaGeX found a way to FULLY RESOLVE the bot problem and find a way of never letting them back into the game.

Thats what I once said in CC, people said I was crazy lol
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
(2011-08-20 20:03:15)Smith Wrote:  
(2011-08-20 15:16:50)UberSanta Wrote:  I would happily sacrifice a month of no updates if JaGeX found a way to FULLY RESOLVE the bot problem and find a way of never letting them back into the game.

Content devellopper and system designer are different jobs. SO more content or not, it doesn't matter.

I simply just don't get that if bots go down on update, they MUST change something everytime no? Can't they install this kind of things in-game without the need of bringing the servers down for an update? Because if so, they make it run every 4 hours or so, and bye bots...?
Main: Princess Emiko Yuki
Alt: Princess Revy Chan

(2011-08-20 20:09:08)Mikuri Wrote:  

Content devellopper and system designer are different jobs. SO more content or not, it doesn't matter.

I simply just don't get that if bots go down on update, they MUST change something everytime no? Can't they install this kind of things in-game without the need of bringing the servers down for an update? Because if so, they make it run every 4 hours or so, and bye bots...?

I realise content dev and system designer are different jobs, but I was just citing that if we had the option of having no updates for a month in a return for the mass banning of bots I would happily take it, I know it won't happen.

Like you said though, something does happen to the bots when an update occurs, surely there must be something in the Updates that stops them for an hour (before they come back), they should be able to take this bit of the process and use it 24/7.

[Image: UberSanta.png][Image: 42u3cez]
[Image: zamorak.png]

Sadly, the more RuneScape progresses, the more bots progress too. Also, to Mikuri, I don't think it's possible to fully update the game without turning it off/restarting it. That could cause some annoyance if the game restarted every 4 hours. Also, if JaGex did code something like this, im sure bot developers would be able to add something that counteracts it.
[Image: 13847_s.png]
(2011-08-20 20:42:47)S15 Wrote:  Sadly, the more RuneScape progresses, the more bots progress too. Also, to Mikuri, I don't think it's possible to fully update the game without turning it off/restarting it. That could cause some annoyance if the game restarted every 4 hours. Also, if JaGex did code something like this, im sure bot developers would be able to add something that counteracts it.

Why don't they already conteract it? But I know, they will eventually do. But my point was if they CAN make it happen without a game update, they should do it.

But anyway, Jagex said they were on the case, let's wait, we can't do more, unfortunately.

Main: Princess Emiko Yuki
Alt: Princess Revy Chan

(2011-08-20 20:09:08)Mikuri Wrote:  

This isn't always the case, I've actually noticed that the bots don't always go away, 95% of the time they do, but occasionally they don't if the update isn't changing the game too much.
I think its if the mapping of the game gets changed, i.e. a new activity or quest etc, I think that when the 'items kept on death' update came out, the bots were still here (cannot remember properly) I know that sometimes they stay though.
[Image: AaXEhqE.png]
I'm not surprised, really. It's disappointing to have to say, but it's true. Stuff like this just really isn't worth getting so upset over. It's too common and it won't change, so it's become easier to just accept it and move on.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
I'm almost certain Jagex isn't doing what they can to remove bots.
Realistically, there's no need for them to. They're a business and they want to make money - having an excess of bots paying membership brings them in money. I've read that post by a Jagex Mod on the RSOF, and it's obvious that garbage about having bots in the game costs them more money than they earn is a blatant lie.

At the end of the day, removing bots is more of a business issue than a moral issue to the company. Jagex clearly just prefer to make more money than stand by their legitimate player base.
Adventurer's Log | Exp Tracker | Goals & Achievements
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
(2011-08-20 15:16:50)UberSanta Wrote:  You go to RSC now and 99% of users are bots, the 1% are those who remained behind because they like the old style RuneScape.
That is wrong. smile
I won't deny there are quite a lot of bots in RSC, but there is way more than 1% of players that are not bots.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funny runescape memes Oxide 1 6,471 2018-07-16 09:19:37
Last Post: Meg
  Your RuneScape Shopping List (DXP) Crazy Nurse 17 12,239 2018-02-01 15:01:30
Last Post: JeliBelski
  12/12/2016 Runescape Update! PiXeYstyx 3 3,579 2016-12-14 13:31:16
Last Post: PiXeYstyx
  Problems with accessing RuneScape? ChangingLane 1 2,744 2016-10-21 21:59:26
Last Post: ChangingLane
  2016 Runescape New Years Resolutions Shawn 12 10,180 2016-04-19 20:51:58
Last Post: Joeym4692