Poll: How do you feel about this update?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
5 - Love it!
6 33.33%
4 - It's pretty good.
8 44.44%
3 - Not bad.
1 5.56%
2 - Could be better.
2 11.11%
1 - Not worth it.
0 0%
0 - Hate it.
1 5.56%
N/A - Doesn't really affect my gameplay.
0 0%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

RuneScape Revolution
Thread Closed 

As announced last week, and as you’ve no doubt noticed, our all-new website has launched! Along with a shiny new look, it contains all the important features you use day-to-day. There are a number of exciting new features as well, including:

- The RuneScape Wiki: The manual has now been moved over to our new, community-editable wiki. There’s a wealth of RuneScape knowledge and experience out there among you, and with this we’re empowering you to share it with everyone else. Even if you’ve never used or edited a wiki before, it’s really easy to do. Follow the link for details of the basic requirements for editing, and for guides on how to get started.
- The Events Section: There’s a whole new section devoted to the organisation and advertisement of events. The Jagex Community Engagement team, clans and individual members of the community can put up details on the events feed and place a location pin into the events map to direct prospective attendees.
- RuneScape News to the Fore: News, media and social networking activity feeds have been given pride of place on our new news page, ensuring that up-to-the-minute RuneScape information is readily available at all times.

A full list of improvements we’ve made would be an essay worthy of Reldo himself, so the best thing to do is to go ahead and explore the new site first hand!

Next up, we’ve overhauled the top-level interface in full-screen and resizable windowed mode. It’s designed to give the game a bold new look and feel, and to promote easier, more fluid interaction with the game world:

- Icons have been restyled and enlarged.
- Operation text now appears within the field of play, next to the mouse cursor, when hovering over objects, giving you the important information you need while allowing you to keep your eye on the game. This can be toggled off in the “options” menu if necessary.
- Examine text will also be displayed in the field of play.
- There is a darker gradient behind text in the chat window, to increase legibility.
- The mini-map and surrounding UI elements have a new, metallic border.
- The game window has been given a decorative border.

This is just the first batch of interface improvements that we have in store, and we'll be continuing to work hard to improve it. Watch out for this, as well as more graphical and usability changes, in the weeks and months to come!

Captain Turkerton and his rabble-rousing band of dissidents have set up a picket outside the Cooking Guild, lambasting the basting of their comrades as part of a traditional Thanksgiving feast. If the situation escalates further, there’ll be much more than cranberry sauce spilled. Can you arrange a peaceful, yet wholesome and nutritious, solution?

Mod Avatar & Mod Rak

How to start Turkey Protest:

Speak to Captain Turkerton outside the Cooking Guild.

Requirements:

- None. Free players and members alike can complete this event.
- As well as the herald cape crest and emote, which are available to free-to-play players and members alike, members will receive a turkey pet as an additional reward.

In Other News...

- Along with the new website comes a re-structured hiscores section, which is now a members-only feature, for the reasons outlined in last week’s post. When a term of membership elapses, there is a 14 day grace period in which the account will remain on the hiscores. After this period, the account will not be shown on the hiscores until it is re-subscribed. Please note that this works from the date of your subscription, not the date of today’s update; for example, if your subscription elapsed 10 days ago, you now only have 4 days before your account is no longer displayed.

- With the launch of the RuneScape wiki, the Quest Help system has been removed from the game.

- Leprechauns will now store plant cures, up to 255 buckets, 5 scarecrows, and can deposit magic secateurs automatically if equipped. The Herblore Habitat leprechaun will now also store up to 30 of several kinds of vine.

-Several boss respawn rates have been increased.

- As announced in Mod Mark’s forum post last week, Faruq's Tools dice have now been completely removed from the game.

Patch notes for this update: (Click to View)
few issues I've found so far with this update, text on website is rather hard to read, forum text needs to be a size larger - I already wear glasses and the new highscores are massive per person - be nice to have our stats more compact instead of having to scroll so many times to the bottom of the page.

ingame is amazing, I actually don't have huge lag spikes when running from place to place now and it just looks fresher and neater, only thing I can imagine people having a problem with is the little arrows that resize your chat screen overlapping on your last previous private message however it's so rare that I ever turn my chat on that that doesn't even affect me.

The highscores still sadden me but they have been implemented now so no point crying about it.

Overall it was a decent update imo and I'm sure Jagex will fix the minor issues people are finding, no major update comes without a few hiccups.
A lot of minor changes here that are good in terms of leprechauns and such. Can't say I'm a fan of all the user interface changes, but that's mostly because I'm not used to them yet. The main page seems cluttered to me, but once you navigate off the main page it's pretty nice. I haven't logged in yet to see how my lag and FPS rates are, but hopefully it's the same experience as Meg.

All in all, a good update, once I get used to the interface more I think I'll be a bigger fan.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
I signed on the game for about 3 minutes before I got ready for work this morning, just to see how things were. I really like the new interface so far and can't wait to play around with it more when I get home. The new website looks amazing as well. I also cannot wait to see how the lag and FPS issues treat me, because I was having major issues with those before.

Some of the patch notes look sweet, too. And holiday events are always nice, so I'm looking forward to doing the Thanksgiving event. Leprechauns storing more items is awesome as well.

So many other things to comment on, but those are what caught my eye the most so far. Definitely a 5/5 for me on this update, way to go Jagex!

At first the site was hard to navigate, but I'm starting to get used to it not I've been to some pages a couple of times. The forums is a definite improvement, same goes with the adventurer log showing the players top 10 skills is pretty neat, although I'd like if I could see all my levels in the one tab, instead of having to go through different tabs such as gathering skills etc.

The highscores main page is a bit too bulky, but it's not so bad if you go to their individual pages.

As for ingame, the lag seems to be gone (tested via teleport lag and checking the world map), unfortunately I can only see half of my buttons at the bottom of the page, which is bugging me... especially because I can't see if chat tabs on the bottom left are flashing, plus it makes it hard to click on the stats tab, or switch between any if I don't feel like quick-switching via 1, 2, 3 etc
Like Meg said though, that should be fixed soon enough.

So I voted 3, but that was before I had checked everything out/gotten used to everything. Would of voted 4 probably just because the buttons being cut off bugs me a bunch.

Edit:

Don't ask me why, for fun lol
[Image: just4fun.png]

Edit2:

Love the ingame-events page as well, worth checking out Tongue
[Image: Exbajalator.png][Image: Exbajalator.png]
[Image: 2q00m8h.jpg]
[Image: nMqpp.png]
=:-:=  Live Young, Have Fun And May Tomorrow Never Come =:-:=
I cant search on the wiki, so...

And I went up a bunch of ranks!! Im even better now!! Suck it f2p!!
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
I think it's a pretty good update, makes everything a little neater in game ( except the icons for friends, friends chat, and clan chat..why do they have no arms? o.O Scary looking.) The text when right clicking could be a little bigger but it's not too bad. Overall, I like it. Biggrin
[Image: bronaghmotm.png]

[Image: 4variation.jpg]

I like it so far, takes a little while to get used to massive changes like the New Website, but the drop down menus are good.
[Image: Freewendy.png] [Image: x_3ba634e5-1.gif]

Love it, love it, love it!

New website is totally awesome <3 Better than what I expected after we saw the preview pics.

I'm just waiting to see if the Wiki will live up to the RS Wiki (it will have to be REALLY good to do that), but we'll see how it develops over time.

Not too big on the Thanksgiving Event as we don't celebrate it here, but Events are always fun to do if you get bored.

Finally an update that didn't disappoint me Biggrin
[Image: UberSanta.png][Image: 42u3cez]
[Image: zamorak.png]

Best update of the year
Love new sites and game interface (just when you put your mouse pointer on some item it tell right click option...awful).
Went up 3k position on highscores and 300 position on farm smile
And the best part....the "loading please wait" message only last 2 or 3 secs and before it was 15 sec

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funny runescape memes Oxide 1 6,452 2018-07-16 09:19:37
Last Post: Meg
  Your RuneScape Shopping List (DXP) Crazy Nurse 17 12,142 2018-02-01 15:01:30
Last Post: JeliBelski
  12/12/2016 Runescape Update! PiXeYstyx 3 3,558 2016-12-14 13:31:16
Last Post: PiXeYstyx
  Problems with accessing RuneScape? ChangingLane 1 2,729 2016-10-21 21:59:26
Last Post: ChangingLane
  2016 Runescape New Years Resolutions Shawn 12 10,125 2016-04-19 20:51:58
Last Post: Joeym4692