Swiftkit Hacked
Thread Closed 

Thank you for it, running a scan on my laptop now!
"Shoutout to Danny"

............ .kb Dannyy
Is the glass half empty or half full? Neither, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
[Image: EW4yt.gif]
Should be ok now. Strider made a post.
http://forums.zybez.net/topic/1556987-sw...msearch__1
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
I'm not sure if it is just coincidental but I've been noticing a lot of my own friends being hacked in recent months. A new trend among the underground and no-honor community, maybe? It sure is scary that a client that so many people use on a daily basis has been compromised. I suggest everyone who hasn't already been on their toes in the security department to start tiptoeing.
Sad that someone would even bother. I stopped using SK about a week ago anyway as I'd been having some trouble loading java in the client. I'm glad to hear the situation has been resolved though.
Adventurer's Log | Exp Tracker | Goals & Achievements
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
(2012-05-31 04:05:52)Tayze Wrote:  Sad that someone would even bother. I stopped using SK about a week ago anyway as I'd been having some trouble loading java in the client. I'm glad to hear the situation has been resolved though.

I agree Tayze. I imagine that they didn't get anything from the experience but the grief of going through the effort and maybe the chance to boast within their lowly community. A place like SwiftKit obviously won't stay down or sit down for someone like that. I just hope they take measures to prevent another attack.
Can someone please tell me what swiftkit is?

Is it to do with the runescape icon on your desktop, that you click to play runescape (if you've downloaded that thing from the runescape website)?
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

SwiftKit is a Toolkit designed for RuneScape players by conveniently bringing together all common RuneScape tools and features from all over into one single application.
SwiftKit is an unique browser. However, this unique browser isn't designed for browsing websites. It's designed for playing RuneScape in and, as a result, is full of RuneScape specific utilities, bookmarks to popular guides/websites, and anything else required to give you the edge while still remaining within the games rules.
SwiftKit will be able to assist you in whatever task you may be working on in-game, whether your task is doing a quest, following a clue scroll, or just leveling up your favorite skill. Swiftkit will even be able to assist you in planning your next task with its multiple planning utilities such as the Quest Planner, Calculators and Highscore tools.
C&P level 99. Biggrin
(2012-05-31 08:13:29)old_jon Wrote:  Can someone please tell me what swiftkit is?

Is it to do with the runescape icon on your desktop, that you click to play runescape (if you've downloaded that thing from the runescape website)?

Yup, just allows you to play Runescape in a window with a nice bunch of other options to utilize such as tools for clue scrolls, quest help, skill calcs etc.
[Image: Exbajalator.png][Image: Exbajalator.png]
[Image: 2q00m8h.jpg]
[Image: nMqpp.png]
=:-:=  Live Young, Have Fun And May Tomorrow Never Come =:-:=
Been using SK off and on for a about 6-7 years now... Think I'll just be removing SK from my computer this time tbh

Guess I'm back to FF for RS and mIRC for chatting, just like I used to long ago lol
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I wasn't hacked.. but I was! Read on! SirAddiLot 6 4,726 2018-05-07 01:32:28
Last Post: SirAddiLot
  Hacked Jordan 7 5,568 2013-10-11 08:20:53
Last Post: Tay
  Joey has been hacked. Killians 14 9,328 2013-07-18 19:26:22
Last Post: Joseph
  Been hacked!!! Linspire 15 9,688 2013-02-17 23:17:25
Last Post: Michael