Swiftkit Hacked
Thread Closed 

I'm not too worried hacks happen alot nowadays, and things go back to normal in time.
Thanks for the explanation guys. smile

I'm confident I'm not using swiftkit. Good
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

Just a plain browser for me, used to use the normal offcial RS client but then I kept getting issues with it - ohwell -

Never liked SK, mIRC was good smile
~Rinaldi//Dom~
Have a visit of my Farming Goal thread!
[Image: Signature-1.png]
Just to write off any bad terms about swiftkit. The client/site itself wasnt actually hacked. Turns out SwiftKits domain registrar allowed access to the domain controls to someone who impersonated one of the swiftkit admins using a fake id to recover the domain thus allowing them to change the dns settings and reroute the domain to their own site

Using the swiftkit client itself posed no risk to your runescape account, it was only accessing the swiftkit.net domain and accepting the java request. If you did accept the java request then its confirmed that "Microsoft Malware Bytes" can detect the malicious files.

Full Story. http://swiftkit.net/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1338424485&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1,8&page=news

Updated OP as well just so everyones updated
@iWader on Twitter.
Well i got hacked this afternoon, but it's good that they sorted it out.
(2012-05-31 21:54:37)Elrydith Wrote:  Well i got hacked this afternoon, but it's good that they sorted it out.

That stinks, do you think it was related to SwiftKit being compromised?
I personally just can't trust SK anymore, my account was recently hacked so it's got me on edge and I just don't want any uncertainty or risks that I don't "have" to take so removing SK permanently made me feel a lot better for now.
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
(2012-06-01 01:43:46)Jackson Wrote:  
(2012-05-31 21:54:37)Elrydith Wrote:  Well i got hacked this afternoon, but it's good that they sorted it out.

That stinks, do you think it was related to SwiftKit being compromised?
It can't be, the ip was Estonian. A year back or so the recovery system was so screwed that you could get almost any account without knowing any details about the character. Some guy took my account, now he's bugging me again, i've changed all, recoveries, e-mail, yesterday he got me again, somehow. I sent e-mail to Jagex, let's see what they can do.
i just noticed runescape community have removed all swiftkits topics etc. i guess they dont trust them anymore. i havnt used swiftkit for a few years now tho
(2013-11-03 02:54:48)Draconem Wrote:  i just noticed runescape community have removed all swiftkits topics etc. i guess they dont trust them anymore. i havnt used swiftkit for a few years now tho

Zybez is now part of curse which is one of the main reasons of them not being partnered with SwiftKit anymore.

But both SwiftKit and SwiftIRC re-partnered with Tip.It a while before sk was compromised.

Anyway as i mentioned towards to the start of the thread, it was a compromise of the website host and not swiftkit directly, only their website was affected and nothing on the client.
@iWader on Twitter.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I wasn't hacked.. but I was! Read on! SirAddiLot 6 4,726 2018-05-07 01:32:28
Last Post: SirAddiLot
  Hacked Jordan 7 5,568 2013-10-11 08:20:53
Last Post: Tay
  Joey has been hacked. Killians 14 9,328 2013-07-18 19:26:22
Last Post: Joseph
  Been hacked!!! Linspire 15 9,688 2013-02-17 23:17:25
Last Post: Michael
  Been hacked today... Smith 14 8,877 2013-02-08 19:15:23