Drop Rates In Runescape - Is It Just Me Or?
Thread Closed 

Drop Rates?

This issue or topic has always been talked about and questioned for years, but recently it is something that really has started to bug me. To be honest it has for a while but more recently whatever Jagex have done, they have done something to change it.

I am of course talking about the drop rates. The drop rates relating to bosses such as Corp/Gwds/Tds etc and slayer monsters.
Over the past few months all I have being doing is Slaying and Boss hunting, more recently completing my Runescape long term target of 85 slayer. Throughout this I have found that the drop rates have dramatically decreased. Now before you read on and instantly come to the conclusion ‘No they haven’t’ for example. Please just hear me out and have a read of what I think and my own personal experiences.

MAIN BOSSES
I have always done Godwars and always being terribly unlucky but over the past few weeks it just seems that nothing is dropping. The only thing I have seen in the past 20+ trips to Zammy, Bandos combined, and for this example lets say each trip is 2 hours long, so that’s 40 hours of gameplay. In these 40 hours of gamplay all I have seen is 4 Shards and no main drops. 1 of them at Bandos which I apparently soloed which I didn’t and 3 lootshare in the same Zammy trip just a few hours ago.

Throughout these trips you always expect to see say, Bandos boots, Zammy spear etc, but mostly recently there is nothing. Ive being doing trips after trips, tanking, soloing, coinsharing, lootsharing, massing everything in the hope that something changes but it hasn’t, I have just ended up losing more and more cash, and not even gaining profit from the little drops.

But what I want to know is this happening to me or is everyone feeling like something has seriously changed? Yes I know Jagex have always messed around with drop rates but I just want to know is it me or what? I have tried all different gears methods and nothing is working. So please post you opinions and let me know!

SLAYER
Haha! You thought I was finished with bosses, certainly not. I have also found that the drop rates within Slayer have also decreased. I have one theory behind this, blame Effigy’s! Ever since these items were introduced into the system I have found that they have been slowly replacing the main drops. I cannot remember the date they were brought in but within my last 2mil Slayer xp leading up to 86 Slayer I had no main drops. Main drops meaning Whips, Etc, instead all I got was effigies. These effigies to me seem to drop at the rate that the main drops do, but instead of dropping them with them, it just seems they have been replacing them.

My example is, up to 86 Slayer in a few weeks I did 12 Abyssal demon tasks of about say 180 each time and in these tasks I got 0 Whips but instead I got 4 effigies. These drops before the update I would expect them to be Whips but instead there effigies.

Again I have tried all different combinations of equipment, methods in which I killed them, and different places and nothing works, this also applies to a lot of other creatures.

To end this discussion, I just want to say that Thanks for reading and I really would like as many replies as possible and peoples opinions on my theory’s and experiences.

Sincerely,
IneesonTongue
so many people say to me that they actually made a very good profit training slayer with all the good drops they'd get, I on the other hand will argue that I in fact lost money training slayer - from 93-99 slayer I was unlucky enough to get 4 whip drops/1 staff of light and maybe 10 d boots - it's why I hate slayer, i lost more on cannon balls/prayer pots than what I made in decent drops Sad

I truly did have an extremely long and horrible dry spell
But, you can make up for it with you gorgeous Slayer cape <3 which I am super jealous of Meg <3
I have never had a drop any bigger than around 250k, considering I have 75 slayer, that's not very good at all. Killed hundreds and hundreds or metal dragons, still waiting for at least D legs or skirt, but nothing. There's definately something wrong with the drop rate, and I like your theory about Effigies taking over the mains, it should be a drop with the mains, kind of like a clue scroll.

But it's kind of weird, I checked one of my friends Adventurer's Log's not long ago and noticed that in one task he received D legs and a D skirt off metal dragons, I was quite annoyed tbh LOL. Maybe we're just unlucky Sad
[Image: xjWu8.png]
[Image: 2a6jyb5.png]

I was huge on Bandos when it first came out and back than it was easy as hell to get 2 hilts, 2 chests, tassets and like 4 boots in one trip to Bandos staying for like 150 kc, usually 3-5 man teams.

I than left bandos for a long time and came back, the drop rates had lowered a little since gwd had been out awhile but it was still really good money.

Than I noticed over the next few months, this was like Jan-March 2010 the drops just stopped. I could go on 6 trips in a row, each staying for 150kc and get nothing cept a few shards. Maybe somewhere in there I'd get 1 pair of tassets or a chest but the rest of my trips would hold nothing.

I also noticed in slayer, whip drops were seriously 1 in every task back when I got 85 in like Aug of 2008. I never had any problem making 4m a day off slayer.

Than... when I went for 99 I was at 92 slayer. From 92-99 slayer I made 55m.. extremely low from the reports I have heard on TSG forums. Pretty much about 80% of them guys made 100-150m atleast from 99 slayer, some even wayyy more but they were the lucky ones, the average was 100-150m. Even one of my good friends in RS made 130m on 99 slayer and he started from 95 lol

I have never had a visage in all that slaying either and I always do dragon/wyvern tasks in hope of getting one.

Idk if it's just bad luck or what but it does seem Jagex has really lowered most drop rates over the years.
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
Well myself personally have never had a good drop apart from the 3 addy bar drops from aviansies rofl :p

I must admit, I haven't really had any decent drops on any of my accounts ever. In saying that though, I'm hardly a combat fanatic and haven't given too many boss monsters a shot, so I can't expect too much from your average sort of Slayer monsters.

It seems to me like Jagex have probably been fiddling with the drop rates of a few monsters though to help control the Grand Exchange prices of particular items.
Adventurer's Log | Exp Tracker | Goals & Achievements
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
I've had some fairly ok luck with Slayer drops. Although I'm on a 9 task dry-streak at Abby Demons. Never had a SOL drop, D legs/Skirt or Visage. Had a few D Meds and D Spears though. xD

Never been one for bosses, missed out on a LS Arma Hilt. Had 3 CS SaraSword drops and a CS tasset drop.

Although I have made around 100m-150m from Slayer 80-93 yet the vast majority has been spent on skills.
Best drop I have had is Dragon Boots - that was at 83 Slayer...in my first 10 Kills on Spiritual Mages I got a pair (they weren't my task).

But since then I've had nothing...just alot of herbs...which are still decent but in contrast to Boots / Whips etc, they seem pretty weak :/

I have had alot of Effigys...but I would prefer the monetary drops :/
[Image: UberSanta.png][Image: 42u3cez]
[Image: zamorak.png]

Face it Droprates suck Sad

People who hunt for drops never get them, people who just play get them :p jagex reads our minds :o?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funny runescape memes Oxide 1 6,471 2018-07-16 09:19:37
Last Post: Meg
  Your RuneScape Shopping List (DXP) Crazy Nurse 17 12,241 2018-02-01 15:01:30
Last Post: JeliBelski
  Onyx Drop in my POH!! sorchaflaith 3 2,825 2017-04-14 05:17:14
Last Post: Jerome
  12/12/2016 Runescape Update! PiXeYstyx 3 3,581 2016-12-14 13:31:16
Last Post: PiXeYstyx
  Problems with accessing RuneScape? ChangingLane 1 2,744 2016-10-21 21:59:26
Last Post: ChangingLane