Bonus XP Weekend Update
Thread Closed 

Well looks like I'll be trying to make some money now, I'm glad there doing this but its stupid after they just said BXP will no longer be happening and they would be doing it in different ways...
The FAQ is out. http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=...7,64045573

Knowing all this, I'll probably be training agility. All my buyables are finished/banked except herblore, and even though it would be cheaper xp I'd end up spending more money for fewer overloads.

Smithing is pretty much the same thing. I'll get 99 before unlocking all the Artisan's Workshop rewards, even without bonus xp.

I also have a dg pendant I haven't used, so maybe I'll use it then and get 3x xp for a short while.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
Am still disapoint summoning gets 2x bonus, and find it strange prayer still does, but whatever, its Jagex.
I will be training herblore to 99 via overloads, doing farming runs throughout, and finally doing as much construction as I can. I do like the 2x bonus for the whole weekend idea, seems cool.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Well, one thing that does suck is I might be busy that weekend, But if anything I'll be working on Herblore and Contruction, maybe some Summoning, and whatever I feel like when I get around to it Tongue
(2012-10-18 00:07:49)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  Am still disapoint summoning gets 2x bonus, and find it strange prayer still does, but whatever, its Jagex..

Altars and many other boosters don't work during the BXW, so Prayer is actually worse to train, considering a guilded altar and 2 burners is like 350% exp or something instead of 200% from the BXW. I mean maybe it's overall faster exp per hour to just bury the bones with the 2x exp, but it'll cost considerably more, so there's still that tradeoff.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
(2012-10-18 01:45:22)Evaluate Wrote:  
(2012-10-18 00:07:49)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  Am still disapoint summoning gets 2x bonus, and find it strange prayer still does, but whatever, its Jagex..

Altars and many other boosters don't work during the BXW, so Prayer is actually worse to train, considering a guilded altar and 2 burners is like 350% exp or something instead of 200% from the BXW. I mean maybe it's overall faster exp per hour to just bury the bones with the 2x exp, but it'll cost considerably more, so there's still that tradeoff.

It's great news for F2P though. Since the best prayer xp they can get is burying big bones the 20% bonus saves them a lot of big bones. I have a friend that is pure F2P and almost 99 prayer that will be saved 20k big bones that he has to bury.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
LOL, I meant doesn't, not does. My last statement didn't make any sense. >.<
My point was, why don't get altars get the bonus? Its less of an effect than there is on summoning, I just find it odd (not that I would train prayer).
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

(2012-10-18 02:31:03)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  LOL, I meant doesn't, not does. My last statement didn't make any sense. >.<
My point was, why don't get altars get the bonus? Its less of an effect than there is on summoning, I just find it odd (not that I would train prayer).

Because an altar is an exp modifier. Same reason you can't use SC hammers, ecto, and so on. Summoning on an obelisk isn't an EXP modifier. I do wish prayer was trainable other than burying bones during the BXP weekend doe ):
(2012-10-18 10:17:17)RickySwift Wrote:  
(2012-10-18 02:31:03)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  LOL, I meant doesn't, not does. My last statement didn't make any sense. >.<

Because an altar is an exp modifier. Same reason you can't use SC hammers, ecto, and so on. Summoning on an obelisk isn't an EXP modifier. I do wish prayer was trainable other than burying bones during the BXP weekend doe ):

I get the reasoning behind it, but it's still a load of crap. If they're not going to fix it, they need to at least let the larger multiplier win out. Whether or not you agree with what they're saying, there's absolutely no reason why prayer should be broken during these events to the point that you can't train it.

Besides, the bonus is going to stack with skill pendants so you'd get 3x with a normal pendant or 4x with a prized one. Why couldn't they do the same with prayer, so you'd get 4.5x at a gilded altar or 5x at ectofunctus?
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
(2012-10-18 12:13:48)Dave Wrote:  
(2012-10-18 10:17:17)RickySwift Wrote:  

I get the reasoning behind it, but it's still a load of crap. If they're not going to fix it, they need to at least let the larger multiplier win out. Whether or not you agree with what they're saying, there's absolutely no reason why prayer should be broken during these events to the point that you can't train it.

Besides, the bonus is going to stack with skill pendants so you'd get 3x with a normal pendant or 4x with a prized one. Why couldn't they do the same with prayer, so you'd get 4.5x at a gilded altar or 5x at ectofunctus?
1. Because the pendants only last for a short amount of xp and
2. Because to get a lot of pendants we have to pay them money by buying spins.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Double XP weekend portables locations Neurojunkie 1 2,456 2017-09-14 18:55:23
Last Post: JeliBelski
  Double XP Weekend Jerome 10 6,839 2017-05-23 14:04:17
Last Post: Kakerrot
  Double XP Weekend (Announced) PiXeYstyx 13 8,746 2017-02-13 10:51:06
Last Post: Jerome
  Bonus Exp Weekend 17th of february Astrophoria 0 1,701 2017-01-11 22:03:01
Last Post: Astrophoria