Bonus XP Weekend Update
Thread Closed 

(2012-10-16 15:19:11)Portus Wrote:  I always thought it was dumb summoning was restricted and other skills weren't though. Sure, the long and difficult part of summoning is the charm collecting but similarly when we think of a skill like herblore the challenging part wasn't making the potions but making the cash to afford the potions. By the same logic every "buyable" skill should be limited. But then what's buyable? Is smithing when it's largely practical to train it in a break even way? It's a really grey area.

I think Justin phrased it nicely. Why does it matter if the altar already has a bonus on it? Thats how 99% of people train prayer, so it shouldn't make a difference if it doubled compared to any other skill.
The vast majority of summoning is gathering charms, yet you can still get double xp on it now, so it makes no sense that prayer is left in the dust.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

(2012-10-18 20:40:50)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  
(2012-10-16 15:19:11)Portus Wrote:  I always thought it was dumb summoning was restricted and other skills weren't though. Sure, the long and difficult part of summoning is the charm collecting but similarly when we think of a skill like herblore the challenging part wasn't making the potions but making the cash to afford the potions. By the same logic every "buyable" skill should be limited. But then what's buyable? Is smithing when it's largely practical to train it in a break even way? It's a really grey area.

I think Justin phrased it nicely. Why does it matter if the altar already has a bonus on it? Thats how 99% of people train prayer, so it shouldn't make a difference if it doubled compared to any other skill.
The vast majority of summoning is gathering charms, yet you can still get double xp on it now, so it makes no sense that prayer is left in the dust.

I think the main difference here is that instead of a 200% boost for all skills over the weekend, keeping prayer would result in a 500% boost. As silly an unbalanced as BXW rates are, 500% is borderline game breaking.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
Yet again..my point is that it is only double what you normally train with. NOBODY in members trains prayer by burying bones, so I do not see it as 500% at all. smile
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Gonna do construction I guess.
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
(2012-10-18 20:49:55)Evaluate Wrote:  
(2012-10-18 20:40:50)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  

I think the main difference here is that instead of a 200% boost for all skills over the weekend, keeping prayer would result in a 500% boost. As silly an unbalanced as BXW rates are, 500% is borderline game breaking.

The bonuses that stack with bxp stack additively, so for instance the 2.5% mining suit bonus doesn't get doubled. So 400% of normal xp for ectofunctus would become 500%. When 3.5 or 4x is the standard, 5x is not even remotely game breaking. In reality it's a mere 25% boost if it worked that way.. As much as you can try to apply logic to the situation there just isn't any, and you can't figure out what they're thinking from an illogical standpoint because every time there's bonus xp they apply it differently.

Pendants of Prayer: Applies to altar training but not ectofunctus
Festival of the Dead: Applies everything
BXP (prayer): disables altar/ectofunctus bonuses in favor of the smaller bxp bonus

It gets hairier if you start looking at other skills, but what applies there doesn't necessarily have any bearing here. But again, try all you like to make sense out of it, but the reality is they're just holding on to the same arbitrary system they came up with for the first weekend, when what they need to do is come up with some kind of logic to determine the outcome of these things.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Double XP weekend portables locations Neurojunkie 1 2,456 2017-09-14 18:55:23
Last Post: JeliBelski
  Double XP Weekend Jerome 10 6,839 2017-05-23 14:04:17
Last Post: Kakerrot
  Double XP Weekend (Announced) PiXeYstyx 13 8,746 2017-02-13 10:51:06
Last Post: Jerome
  Bonus Exp Weekend 17th of february Astrophoria 0 1,701 2017-01-11 22:03:01