How long do you think Runescape has left?
Thread Closed 

I'd guess 5-8 years. Jagex is progressing as much as they can, but its hard to cope with a generation of youngsters that isnt as interested in MMO's as ours is.
I think good ol' RuneScape still has a fair way to go. It may be dipping in popularity a little, but there are a few things they can do to gain some interest in the game again. smile
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
I think it'll still be around for a fair while to come.
TERRWYN: Welsh name meaning "brave fair one."

[Image: pbmJpDG.png][Image: e5juWGD.png]
[Image: 9mnl8B0.gif][Image: RnAibsa.png]
[Image: user1-dark.png]    
Skill pets since my return 4th September 2018
19th October - Bernie the Firemaking pet drop 
30th October - Brains the Farming pet drop
8th November - Malcolm the Invention pet drop
16th November - Shamini the Summoning pet drop
>2 years
I don't know if it can sustain its popularity or for how long, but I don't think it will die either. If it came to that, the game could probably continue on indefinitely with no updates and just enough servers for the few remaining players.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
i keep wondering this to myself aswell. in fairness i really do miss the old runescape, 07scape and not overly fussed about rs3. i would be completely lost if runescape does come to an end since i have been plaything this game on and off since 2004
Wader said:They're certainly advertising it a lot, at least over here. W/e you go to the cinema theres always an advert about it :o

Ive only seen one rs advertisement ever and it was about the size of a post card.
Forever really, It's the only game on the market that is easily changed and able to evolve, they can change almost anything with relative ease and they can add as much as they want for as long as they want.

Although some of the decisions they make, like reverting updates because people cry aren't going to help their cause.
I reckon Runescape has around another 3-4 years until it will start to die off, but it will never really die, because people will still use 07 (pking purposes) and I reckon Jagex will leave a few servers up so dedicated players are still able to play. smile
[Image: 7cDz1.png]
[Image: 5FVMQQ3.png]
A while that's for sure... Some people quit but at the same time people who quited before coming back to runescape and that's how it goes

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funny runescape memes Oxide 1 6,445 2018-07-16 09:19:37
Last Post: Meg
  Your RuneScape Shopping List (DXP) Crazy Nurse 17 12,119 2018-02-01 15:01:30
Last Post: JeliBelski
  12/12/2016 Runescape Update! PiXeYstyx 3 3,550 2016-12-14 13:31:16
Last Post: PiXeYstyx
  Problems with accessing RuneScape? ChangingLane 1 2,721 2016-10-21 21:59:26
Last Post: ChangingLane
  2016 Runescape New Years Resolutions Shawn 12 10,109 2016-04-19 20:51:58
Last Post: Joeym4692