Loyalty Programme - First Impression
Thread Closed 

Hers't the video:

Being a RuneScape member means more activities, more quests and more skills. From June the 28th it will also mean access to a fleet of unlockable and exclusive rewards with the introduction of the Members’ Loyalty Programme.

The concept is simple. Being a member earns you Loyalty Points that can be traded for rewards, including an array of new clothes; brand new and exclusive emotes; and, perhaps most exciting of all, an arsenal of gameplay enhancing auras.

Some rewards are just too glorious to fit into your existing inventory and so Loyalty Programme members will also enjoy an additional equipment slot created for exclusive Loyalty Programme auras.

Only current members will receive enough Loyalty Points to immediately make the most of the new equipment slot. To take full advantage of this and all the other rewards available, subscribe today!

My response is that it's just....stupid. I shook my head when I read this, I understand Jagex needs to make money but they're clearing just seeing Runescape now as one of many assets. Basically years ago it was their ownly game, they're pride and joy. Now they've got plenty of other games to care about and Runescape is just...not as important. Looked at Guild Wars 2 today, looks pretty awesome.
[Image: Pokemon_logo___Umbreon_by_PrinzeBur.gif]
(2011-06-24 22:19:07)Crow Wrote:  Being a RuneScape member,

Members’ Loyalty Programme.

Being a member earns you Loyalty Points

Only current members

subscribe today!

As well as you Crow, I think this just sucks. Not only does it look as though they are just looking at RuneScape as 'another asset'. It also looks as though they are trying to grab money from every possible corner. People should Subscribe to Members because they want to enjoy the rest of the game, not be obliged to get it or you miss out.

(I can probably bet they have Auras which will apply to people who either reSub or top up their Subscriptions between date 1 and 2) - free money for JaGeX.

It also seems desperate in a way.

BE A MEMBER, MEMBERS GET STUFF AND BEING A MEMBER IS COOL AND IT GETS US LOTS OF MONEY AND YOU GET STUFF FOR BEING A MEMBER MEMBER MEMBER MONEY MONEY MONEY... =/
Personally, I don't really see the recent "everybody flipping out because Jagex is wanting to make money" side of things. They're a game company, they're supposed to try and make money, that's kind of the point of a business. I do agree there have been some rather pointless and unneccessary updates in recent times, but I don't see what's so bad about this one. I think new emotes and items to further customize your character look pretty neat. The clothes I don't really care about, but some people might, and good on them if they spend their points on it.

AwzmSauze Wrote:People should Subscribe to Members because they want to enjoy the rest of the game, not be obliged to get it or you miss out.

What makes this so much different than any other bit of member's content? It's not like this stuff is going to only be here a limited time. Subscribing to membership to enjoy the "rest of the game" would automatically gain them points to get access to this content, so they're not really missing out.

Not trying to be a fanboy, there just seems to be a lot of hate towards Jagex that seems a little over the top to me.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
Joe :3 I want an aura.
[Image: whid1.gif]
AwzmSauze Wrote:People should Subscribe to Members because they want to enjoy the rest of the game, not be obliged to get it or you miss out.

Nah, that's my bad, I didn't fully read that before I posted that. It should say:

AwzmSauze Wrote:People should Subscribe to Members because they want to enjoy the rest of the game and the skills, not be obliged to get it or you miss out on items that have their own individual equipment slot.

It's not exactly that they are trying to make more money that I'm against. It's the way they are going about marketing it.

Look at Dungeoneering for example. They release the Skill and then talk about how they would like to give something to non-members so they don't feel left out. Then bam they release items back-to-back which (I guess will be seen my F2P players via the Equipment slot but won't be usable) they can't use.

They market them as 'extras' which you get for Subscribing to the game however they are leaning towards the fact that the 'game' is the F2P and the 'extras' are when you pay for membership and then even after that you get get this other cool stuff! ... Extra extras anyone?

(2011-06-25 00:21:53)Evaluate Wrote:  What makes this so much different than any other bit of member's content? It's not like this stuff is going to only be here a limited time. Subscribing to membership to enjoy the "rest of the game" would automatically gain them points to get access to this content, so they're not really missing out.

It's not different to members content. Thats what is annoying for me. It's the fact that they've made it look like something extra special when it really isn't, it's just another way to make money and advertise the price tag on membership (and is sure as hell just another 'average update'), which imo has been blown out into something massive.

Sure, if they released a whole new area/continent/awesome thing into the game and bumped up the membership fee - or had to pay for it separately, sure. It's just the fact that they could have quite simply rolled this into a regular update rather than really pretending it to be more than it actually is.

Thanks for the post though ^^

Just thought i'd add that I think it looks as though they are trying to lean towards an online shop kinda thing and I really don't think that will do anything but make it worse for this game, especially with how people go about things they don't like. (Crazy flame spam/riots etc...) Lots of PC games are going for this type of business and it looks as though they are just sheeping around and following what others are doing without thinking about it.
The rewards look horrible. Jagex should be focusing on releasing better content, because there hasn't been anything worthwhile in the past few months.
(2011-06-25 01:19:23)Kyle Wrote:  The rewards look horrible. Jagex should be focusing on releasing better content, because there hasn't been anything worthwhile in the past few months.

this

If it cant get my bank back i dont like it >.<
(2011-09-15 08:01:49)Meg Wrote:  dw guys, one day my true intelligence will shine for the world to see and I will bask in full glory of the beautiful smart woman I truly am....until i wake up Biggrin

[Image: bkhaO.png]
I like the idea. It's pretty cool. I do agree tho that they could be working on bigger better things or working to improve existing skills. But I think its nice to have something fun for a change.
[Image: KittehPryde.png]
RSN: KittehPryde - Ironman RSN: FallOutPiXeY
[Image: zocnja.jpg]
[Image: 33cyesl.jpg] [Image: 2445z76.jpg]
everything happens for a reason.
live today, like tomorrow is your last.
it's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you are not.
Sorry but everyone getting really mad at Jagex kind of makes me a little frustrated. I agree with Evaluate on many points. The content looks decent, not amazing, but Jagex never said it was super special compared to other updates. I disagree with lots of the points on this thread, though I dont want to get into a large arguement about indivual points. I am not a big fan of the clothes, but some of the emotes look cool. I still have no idea what the Auras will do, but they seem decent. I can see how Jagex is pointing out you need members for this update a lot more, but it is still just any regular P2P update to me. F2P still has a huge amount of content for paying absolutely nothing.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Old Holiday items for loyalty points Exciled 8 6,335 2014-02-10 05:48:19
Last Post: Bug
  BTS #67 - Value of Loyalty Wader 5 3,772 2013-08-31 23:51:12
Last Post: Dreggstar
  Loyalty Additions and Lodestone Network Shay 12 8,702 2012-03-15 02:34:24
Last Post: Dave
  Loyalty Programme - Batch 3 Shay 17 9,805 2011-12-09 20:23:47
Last Post: Bowlinmaster
  Loyalty points. mrpurematty 32 16,674 2011-10-10 08:58:04
Last Post: Neeson