Poll: Do you want to be able to buy the old items?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
4 23.53%
No
9 52.94%
I don't care
4 23.53%
what are holiday items
0 0%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Old Holiday items for loyalty points
Thread Closed 

As some of you may know Jagex will be releasing a poll to state whether or not they should release the ability to purchase old holiday items for the price of loyalty points. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF RUNESCAPE! DO NOT VOTE ON HOLIDAY ITEMS FOR LOYALTY POINTS! Holiday items are a sign of history and nostalgia, when you see someone walking round with a scythe, you automatically think "wow he/she has been around" Having the option to buy the past event items, will make these items mainstream and valueless, in terms of a historic culture of the game.

Quick edit: I may be willing to meet half way and say if your account was created in say 2007, or earlier, then you unlock the ability to for example buy a grim reaper hood, but if it was made in 09, then it is always locked.

What are your opinions?
I agree with you Exciled. It would completely ruin the point of the items if they became available for purchase. The only holiday item I missed that I could have gotten was a scythe and while I would love to be able to own one it's my own fault I missed it due to being grounded. Being able to buy it would make it just plain worthless.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
I'm like Gohan. I've only missed the Bunny Ears out of the holiday items and that was because I was away on holiday when they came out. Other than that i've had every one.
TERRWYN: Welsh name meaning "brave fair one."

[Image: pbmJpDG.png][Image: e5juWGD.png]
[Image: 9mnl8B0.gif][Image: RnAibsa.png]
[Image: user1-dark.png]    
Skill pets since my return 4th September 2018
19th October - Bernie the Firemaking pet drop 
30th October - Brains the Farming pet drop
8th November - Malcolm the Invention pet drop
16th November - Shamini the Summoning pet drop
As far as I can tell, people who have the items don't use them anyway but just want to keep them from others. On the other hand, I wouldn't buy any of that stuff if it was available to me. I just can't bring myself to care about this.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
I definitely do not want the holiday items to be buyable! I haven't been on the site today yet, but I'm surprised that it'll actually be put to vote... I missed the scythe and bunny ears because I really didn't know about the holiday events haha. But I still don't want to be able to buy them just because I missed out.
I personally hated every single themed holiday event since I started playing. The rewards remind me of their cheesy, wasteful presence in game over the years. Couldn't give a crap tbh.
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
Yeah I don't really care for them much, I will vote no for those that do though.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

(2014-02-02 20:08:09)Dave Wrote:  As far as I can tell, people who have the items don't use them anyway but just want to keep them from others. On the other hand, I wouldn't buy any of that stuff if it was available to me. I just can't bring myself to care about this.

This is pretty much spot on, and applies to most things in games not just RS.
(2014-02-03 07:19:27)Downfall Wrote:  I personally hated every single themed holiday event since I started playing. The rewards remind me of their cheesy, wasteful presence in game over the years. Couldn't give a crap tbh.

This!
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BTS #67 - Value of Loyalty Wader 5 3,754 2013-08-31 23:51:12
Last Post: Dreggstar
  Grab up items you want now! Morfonious 21 12,372 2012-06-17 08:55:48
Last Post: Dave
  Loyalty Additions and Lodestone Network Shay 12 8,679 2012-03-15 02:34:24
Last Post: Dave
  Loyalty Programme - Batch 3 Shay 17 9,781 2011-12-09 20:23:47