Poll: How do you feel about this update?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
5 - Love it!
0 0%
4 - It's pretty good.
7 58.33%
3 - Not bad.
4 33.33%
2 - Could be better.
1 8.33%
1 - Not worth it.
0 0%
0 - Hate it.
0 0%
N/A - Doesn't really affect my gameplay.
0 0%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Loyalty Additions and Lodestone Network
Thread Closed 

Loyalty Additions:

A fourth batch of loyalty auras, emotes, titles, recolours and outfits have arrived at Xuan’s store, ready for you to purchase with your Loyalty Points.

Highlights from the Spring/Summer collection include 20 new auras, two of which are brand new. ‘Invigorate’ recharges your special attack at a rate of an additional 20% at tier 1, and an additional 60% at tier 4. ‘Harmony’, meanwhile, is a variation on ‘Corruption’ and ‘Salvation’, with a neat twist of having Guthix-themed wings. For those who have scrimped and saved, we can offer tier 4 versions of all existing auras.

For those who like to skulk moodily in the shadows and scare their friends, we can offer cosmetic auras that make your eyes glow in a choice of 8 colours.

Without ruining the surprise, we can also announce the following additions: another 6 titles, including ‘the Undefeated’; 2 new costumes (a wee hint: if you howl at the moon or you like your ears pointy, you’ll appreciate them); 3 new recolours including options for the Ancient Staff; and 4 new emotes, including the ROFLcopter (you’ll need the ROFL emote to make this beauty work).

The eagle-eyed among you will also spot a permanent price reduction on many auras. If you’ve already purchased and upgraded auras at the old prices, don’t worry; we’ll be applying a Loyalty Point refund to your account within the next few days. There are a fair few accounts to go through, though, so please be patient.

Our current special offers-valid until the 31st of March-are a 50% discount on auras and items from the first Loyalty Programme batch, and 25% off auras and items from the second batch. If you’re owed any Loyalty Points in accordance with the price reduction, you’ll have them in plenty of time to take advantage of these offers!

If you are yet to sign up to the programme, please click here or visit the RuneScape homepage (select "Members Loyalty Programme" from the Account drop-down menu).

Lodestone Network (free and members):

Ancient lodestones have been uncovered at various locations around RuneScape. If you use your Home Teleport spell when you first log in, you will find that you can freely teleport to the following:

Lumbridge
Burthorpe (members only)
Ancient Magicks spellbook location (if you have completed Desert Treasure)
Lunar Magic spellbook location (if you have completed Lunar Diplomacy)

Find and activate more lodestones about RuneScape, and you will be able to unlock them as Home Teleport options. The locations are:

Al Kharid
Ardougne (m)
Catherby (m)
Draynor Village
Edgeville
Falador
Port Sarim
Seers’ Village (m)
Taverley (m)
Varrock
Yanille (m)

Locations marked with an (m) are members only.

A Home Teleport to a lodestone has the same restrictions as the previous Home Teleport: it is comparatively slow to cast, can be interrupted by combat, and cannot be used beyond level 20 Wilderness. The Home Teleport spell can be accessed via any spellbook, allowing you to freely teleport to lodestones using the Ancient Magicks and Lunar spellbook.

Lodestones have been placed a small distance from town centres, to ensure that current teleport methods are still a more efficient (and much faster to cast) option in most situations. This has not stopped us from tweaking existing teleport items, however, to make their teleport locations more convenient. Changes to teleport items include:

Camulet/Cramulet – teleports outside Enakhra’s Temple, closer to the granite quarry
Combat bracelet – teleports slightly closer to the Warriors’ Guild and Champions’ Guild
Necklace of skills – teleports slightly closer to the Fishing Guild, Cooks’ Guild and Crafting Guild
Games necklace – teleports near to Captain Jute of the Troll Invasion

Finally, we've updated the appearance of many of the signposts that show the way around Gielinor, adding clearly visible logos to each and a visual style appropriate to their region.

Mod Raven and Mod Srowley
RuneScape Content Developers

Patch notes for this update: (Click to View)
Got myself some nifty little Guthix wings and a roflcopter, and I love all the stuff they're adding, but I can't keep up buying all the stuff that I want! Too many emotes and too expensive of auras, blech.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
Don't have the points for any of the loyalty stuff being I only just got members this month.

The teleports on the other hand can come in useful, a home teleport to Lunar Isle for example instead of taking the boat from Relleka and the camulet teleporting outside of the temple instead inside.
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
This teleport to lunar is kinda stupid since we can teleport there for free 2x a day with wicked hood.
But all the other teleports are handy. Havent saw the new auras yet.
Going with a 4/5 on this one. Kind of disappointed that the werewolf costume looks like it's made out of paper mache; was hoping for it to resemble an actual Canifis werewolf. The other new loyalty items kind of make up for it, though, as does the new lodestone network. Pretty interesting concept. Should prove useful when navigating around and you find you're 1 air rune short of a Varrock teleport or something.
Looks like a decent update to me, the teleports will be quite useful and the auras I am sure are too. The loyalty rewards always just seem a little overwhelming to me, to many different thins with not nearly enough points. Overall I gave it a 4/5.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

(2012-03-13 18:26:17)Kniight Lost Wrote:  This teleport to lunar is kinda stupid since we can teleport there for free 2x a day with wicked hood.
But all the other teleports are handy. Havent saw the new auras yet.

The wicked hood teleports you straight to the altar. The home teleport takes 20 seconds and leaves you near the bank, and then you have to run the rest of the way. I don't think there's any question which is better. Besides, if you don't have to use your hood to get there, that leaves it free to teleport you somewhere else for some easy runecrafting xp.

Anyway, I'll give it 3 points, ignoring the loyalty update. The rewards/price reductions themselves are nice, but only one new aura and the rest are upgrades, and I still think the whole loyalty system is garbage.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
Still saving up for Jack of Trades 2.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
The Port Sarim teleport is ftw! ^_^
[Image: random-dandy.png][Image: jamessigsss.jpg]
Don't wanna be whiny but definitely not an update for me. Had no problem getting around as it was but can see it being helpful for the newbies Tongue

As for loyalty... Hate the whole idea of it. Especially with the cap on points there's no way you can buy much of use for a very long time anyway. Hate seeing the emote screen full of things I've not unlocked even if I'll never use em! Slow down! And the frequency of these sales also has brought us to a point where there's no point of EVER buying a full price item- it'll be discounted at some point for sure anyway! Definitely never going to pay full price for an item again. Personally find it a bad idea and an even worse execution.
[Image: portus-champ-2012.png]
[Image: portus.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Old Holiday items for loyalty points Exciled 8 6,319 2014-02-10 05:48:19
Last Post: Bug
  BTS #67 - Value of Loyalty Wader 5 3,757 2013-08-31 23:51:12
Last Post: Dreggstar
  Loyalty Programme - Batch 3 Shay 17 9,794 2011-12-09 20:23:47
Last Post: Bowlinmaster
  Loyalty points. mrpurematty 32 16,649 2011-10-10 08:58:04
Last Post: Neeson