bots
Thread Closed 

the only way they can get rid of bots fully is if they get rid of the wild and free trade again, and TBH after the whole vote and stuff they had to bring it back I doubt they will take it away from us again since it seams business had boomed back to what it was before they took it away and then some.

They really need to redo their Bot detection software bc there are still to many innocent players that are getting banned/reset from this for false accusation when the real bots are getting away with everything.
[Image: KittehPryde.png]
RSN: KittehPryde - Ironman RSN: FallOutPiXeY
[Image: zocnja.jpg]
[Image: 33cyesl.jpg] [Image: 2445z76.jpg]
everything happens for a reason.
live today, like tomorrow is your last.
it's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you are not.
I disagree with those saying that Jagex taking away free trade will kill the bot issue. There were still plenty of bots when it was out of the game. Granted, those people were botting to level up their stats, not gold-farm. But they were still there, nonetheless.

Do you think that the frost dragon bots will disappear if free trade gets taken away? No, because there will just be bots there getting the bones to level up their prayer instead. Yes, it may diminish the bot population a little, but not completely. There will always be cheaters out there, whether they are selling gold or just too lazy to level up their own stats.
Botting is pathetic and ruins the game. I hope one day I can buy 99 herblore for 15m, but by then 99s will mean nothing... Jagex does nothing about it. They're really asking for bots in a browser based Java game. Holy shit @ pic.

On a related note everytime I go mining this one guy stands out, he's like level 40 and is ALWAYS in lrc. His username is U F E J if anyone cares to report him, he's top 70 in mining.
[Image: Rarely_Lucky.png]

[Image: Rarely_Lucky.png]

[Image: spinner_big.gif]
(2011-08-02 05:48:54)Agent Shay Wrote:  I disagree with those saying that Jagex taking away free trade will kill the bot issue. There were still plenty of bots when it was out of the game. Granted, those people were botting to level up their stats, not gold-farm. But they were still there, nonetheless.

Do you think that the frost dragon bots will disappear if free trade gets taken away? No, because there will just be bots there getting the bones to level up their prayer instead. Yes, it may diminish the bot population a little, but not completely. There will always be cheaters out there, whether they are selling gold or just too lazy to level up their own stats.

I know it won't get rid of them fully, but with the free trade back it brought the gold farmers back which they are the ones that have ruined the economy.
The main thing I hate about bots is that normal players report any player that doesn't respond to them within a few minutes. I play a good amount of time with my public chat on hide or friends and my private chat off. I get too distracted if one of my old friends says "Hey wanna boss?" that I can't stay focused with the goal that I set.

The economy thing is whatever. I personally don't care - I don't do SorGarden, collect potato cactus, collect seaweed, make oak planks or any of that crap that I would have to compete with in order to make money. Bots make some skills more affordable but makes other skills non-profitable. Runecrafting for instance used to be the best money in the game, now pure ess is about the same price as nature runes.
I remember when people ACTUALLY got 99 Runecrafting legitly.
I look at the botting situation differently then how I first did. I see it as "The debt all good men must pay". This of course meaning that in order for the situation to become better, we'll have to suffer through it for awhile. And maybe this is the idea everyone should start having, instead of having a very narrow a close-minded idea of what to do and how to do it.

Changing bot detection software will not stop the problem, only put a temporary solution over the reality. Jagex is a smart company, they obviously don't want to make the legit players quit because then they don't get enough feedback. In the future they will most likely develop something new and improved that can aid them with this war, but as far as I'm concerned botting will always be here. And they can't be stopped.

One day I would very much like to see the botting problem be more or less gone, but I'm not expecting anything immediately.
1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]
(2011-08-02 19:38:24)xAndrew Wrote:  The main thing I hate about bots is that normal players report any player that doesn't respond to them within a few minutes. I play a good amount of time with my public chat on hide or friends and my private chat off. I get too distracted if one of my old friends says "Hey wanna boss?" that I can't stay focused with the goal that I set.

The economy thing is whatever. I personally don't care - I don't do SorGarden, collect potato cactus, collect seaweed, make oak planks or any of that crap that I would have to compete with in order to make money. Bots make some skills more affordable but makes other skills non-profitable. Runecrafting for instance used to be the best money in the game, now pure ess is about the same price as nature runes.

Thats how I am to Andrew. Any more when I was playing I always had private off and public on friends only. Allot of time I AFK stuff so that's my issue. Well I'm never fully AFK i'm just not looking at the RS screen 100% of the time, I like to read other sites or blog do stuff like that. I HATE how everyone is so Player Mod wannabe that they feel the need to report everyone just because they don't respond back. People are idiots anymore when they play.
Evolution theory, we have to adapt.
Picture makes me sad.
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
Never liked bots but I learned to just play around/beside them. Never really let it bother me any but I do hate them none the less haha
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Livestream on Bots Portus 20 12,687 2012-09-18 22:30:17
Last Post: Zooperman
  Landmark Jagex Victory Over Bots in Legal Battle Evaluate 22 13,534 2012-02-04 08:19:20
Last Post: Wendy
  Bots Successfully Nuked Tay 20 11,803 2011-11-13 01:22:23
Last Post: Lilbod
Currency "nuking" the bots. lol Exciled 36 20,860 2011-11-01 23:12:56
Last Post: Jakee
  Bots... Shane 2 2,687 2011-08-02 05:27:14
Last Post: Shay