Surreal's 1st Birthday Banner Contest [See you next year!]

[Image: firstbirthdaybanner.png]

« Introduction »

Hey there, Surrealists! In honor of our clan's birthday coming up, we've decided to hold this little event for all you clan members to show off your artistic talents. Take this opportunity to get creative, show us your abilities, and bring out the clan spirit!

« Details »

In order to enter the contest, you'll need to create a birthday-themed banner for Surreal. When you're ready, submit it to me via PM; please do not post it in this thread. Once the contest submissions close, your entry will be viewed by all staff members for a vote. Only two banners will be chosen, but once they are, they will be featured during the month of October on our forums. See that Surreal logo at the top of the forums? Yeah, that spot could be yours for two weeks, along with a brand new forum award sticker! What better way to celebrate our birth month, right?

Even if you don't win, your banner will still have a chance to feature in this thread once the contest is over. When you PM me your entry, please tell me if you'd like your banner to be posted under your name or as anonymous. You don't even have to do it at all if you don't want to, it's all up to you, but we'd love to see your banner featured here!

« Contest Rules »
  • No staff participation - sorry, but we can't be the judges of our own creations!
  • Banner must be birthday themed, nothing else will be accepted.
  • Only one entry per person, multiple entries will be denied.
  • You must be a clan member to participate in this contest.
  • Provisional members may participate if they attain clan member rank before the submission cutoff date.
  • Be creative; any design goes! As long as it is within compliance of our clan rules, it will be accepted.
  • No late submissions will be accepted unless a valid excuse is given BEFORE the cutoff date. PM me if you feel you are going to be late.
  • Having second thoughts about the banner you submitted? You may re-submit another banner entry (edited or brand new) only ONCE. No more corrections will be accepted after the first time.
  • Make the banner approximately 340px × 86px in dimensions; doesn't have to be exact, but close. Any banners too big or too small will be requested for a resize as to not disturb the forum layout.
  • Joint entries (more than one artist) will be accepted, but only one person can receive the forum award for it. Please take that into consideration before you decide to work on a banner with someone else in the clan!

« Useful Information »

The clan's original logo, edit it as you see fit.
[Image: srllogo.png]

If you want to create a brand new one, the font used for it is Harrington.
You may use whatever font you'd like, though.
Don't be shy; get creative!

« Important Dates »

[Green = Completed] [Yellow = In progress]

Contest begins: August 31st
Submissions accepted: September 1st - 24th
Submission cutoff: September 24th @ 10:00PM GMT

See rules regarding late entries.
Staff voting: September 25th - 29th
Winners announced: September 30th or October 1st

« In Closing... »

Do your best and be as creative as you can. We want to see effort and creativity join forces to make some really unique banners for us to use on our forums, as well as have your talents recognized! Should you have any questions, please post them here and I will answer them. Thanks for expressing your interest in this contest and we look forward to seeing your masterpieces!

« Banner Entries »

Submitted by `Killer - Winner!

[Image: Vq9D0.png]

Submitted by Tay - Winner!

[Image: YVPJ7.png]

Submitted by AFK

[Image: AFKsurrealBD.gif]

Submitted by TJPAB

[Image: myfailattempt.jpg]

Submitted by Bowlinmaster

[Image: srlbirthday.png]

Shouldnt the whole clan vote on the winner? Just post them all in a topic, and make a poll? No?

It might be nice for everyone to see the hard work others put into it, even if they dont win.

If anonymity is important, just put a # next to the entries.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
Times like these make me wish I was better with Photoshop. Best of luck to all competitors!
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
I'll give it a go. Expect something from me within the next week or 2 smile
Adventurer's Log | Exp Tracker | Goals & Achievements
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
(2011-08-31 00:00:34)l Zephyr l Wrote:  Shouldnt the whole clan vote on the winner? Just post them all in a topic, and make a poll? No?

It might be nice for everyone to see the hard work others put into it, even if they dont win.

If anonymity is important, just put a # next to the entries.

While this is something I considered, I think we'd rather keep it staff-vote only. I will be putting the banners that didn't get chosen into this thread (if the artists want to be featured/remain anonymous), that way everyone gets recognized for their efforts. ^_^ Just gonna throw that into the details right quick. Thank you for the suggestion!

Ev, just master up some skills with good 'ol MS Paint. XD

Tay, can't wait! Looking forward to your submission! <3
Great idea! I have no artistic talent whatsoever, but will be submitting something neat ^_^. Good luck everyone!
[Image: your+ad+10.jpg]
Can't wait to see all the entries Wub
I might try to do something on my side, even if I can't participate smile
Main: Princess Emiko Yuki
Alt: Princess Revy Chan

I'm no Hendrix, but I'll give it a shot.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
Good luck to all the entrants.

I even gave it a go... until I saw the final outcome... Lol

Oh dear. Back to the drawing board. Grin
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Surreal's Secret Santa 2018 JeliBelski 36 17,040 2018-12-26 22:38:34
Last Post: Cava
  Surreal +8 Downfall 14 8,347 2018-10-07 11:36:16
Last Post: Nick
  A New Surreal Downfall 19 13,798 2018-05-28 07:08:15
Last Post: Jerome
  April at Surreal: Our Best Downfall 11 7,172 2018-04-03 10:27:46
Last Post: Downfall
  Surreal Revealed Revived Jerome 14 7,691 2017-04-18 16:38:30