Members’ Loyalty Programme – The New Batch
Thread Closed 

(2011-09-22 14:07:46)UberSanta Wrote:  Another addition to the "I was looking forward to this weeks update as last week was good but it sucks" list.
(2011-09-22 11:13:11)Ineeson Wrote:  
(2011-09-22 10:26:23)Random Dandy Wrote:  boring update is boring!

I'll fourth it!
I second that!

Third.

Alright guys, I've been monitoring the last few threads and their replies, and it's about time something was mentioned.

As the original staff member who used to run the RuneScape Updates forum said....

Bug Wrote:If the update does not interest you or does not affect you in any way please do not tell everyone by posting it on the topic.

He did this to prevent people from getting high post count just by saying things like, "Stupid update" and such.

As for me, I don't mind negative feedback towards the updates, but if you are going to post something negative, please expand WHY you are posting it. "This update sucks" and other posts similar to that is just the kind of stuff Bug was trying to prevent and I would like to honor the rules he set for this forum. If you have an issue with an update, tell us why; constructive criticism and feedback is what helps, not blatantly insulting things without really saying why you dislike them.

This is just to help keep the discussion healthy. It's kind of a mood-killer when people come in, post how crap an update is, and then leave without expanding on it. This isn't really directed at one or two people, just everyone in general.

Thanks for your understanding.

Now, on topic about the update: I think new reward items are always nice, but the wisdom aura is a little crazy. 40k points for a 2.5% exp boost, 30 minutes every 24 hours? Most of the skilling outfits you wear (lumberjack, gold mining suit, etc.) give that same bonus. I definitely don't think it's worth 40k points.

However, the other stuff does look pretty interesting. I haven't had much time to read about the other new auras or check them out, but it's nice they keep releasing new content for it. Gives us more of a variety of things to buy to customize our style of gameplay a little better.
Greater reverence? thats a kick in the pants for the people who bought the first one, but i have to agree with shay partially, right now 40k points is a lot for a small exp boost but as the months go on you will be getting 40k+ tokens a pop, i just wonder what the tier 4 auras will cost >.<
(2011-09-15 08:01:49)Meg Wrote:  dw guys, one day my true intelligence will shine for the world to see and I will bask in full glory of the beautiful smart woman I truly am....until i wake up Biggrin

[Image: bkhaO.png]
Actually zoop, you have to buy reverence before you can get greater reverence. Same goes with the other "greater" auras. I would estimate that the first tier 4 aura they show us will cost no less than 85-90k points, but that's basically just a guess on my part.

Anyway, I have to agree that this is kind of a dumb update. Don't get me wrong, I think some of the new auras sound pretty nice. What really bothers me is that most of what they released won't even be obtainable until late November at the earliest. It seems kind of cheap to introduce something that won't impact gameplay for another 5 weeks and call it an update, when they could have released it all at once, or waited until all the auras were ready after the initial update.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
Wisdom aura is just for opening effigies but even for doiing that its just too much points.
Imo only nice aura is surefooted (great for people that want to get agile clothes/dont like agility).
On the other hand costumes, emotes, recoulor are good
(2011-09-22 15:49:36)DaveZZilla Wrote:  Actually zoop, you have to buy reverence before you can get greater reverence. Same goes with the other "greater" auras.

oh thats a little better i guess XD

(2011-09-15 08:01:49)Meg Wrote:  dw guys, one day my true intelligence will shine for the world to see and I will bask in full glory of the beautiful smart woman I truly am....until i wake up Biggrin

[Image: bkhaO.png]
(2011-09-22 15:05:31)Agent Shay Wrote:  Alright guys, I've been monitoring the last few threads and their replies, and it's about time something was mentioned.

As the original staff member who used to run the RuneScape Updates forum said....

Bug Wrote:If the update does not interest you or does not affect you in any way please do not tell everyone by posting it on the topic.

He did this to prevent people from getting high post count just by saying things like, "Stupid update" and such.

As for me, I don't mind negative feedback towards the updates, but if you are going to post something negative, please expand WHY you are posting it. "This update sucks" and other posts similar to that is just the kind of stuff Bug was trying to prevent and I would like to honor the rules he set for this forum. If you have an issue with an update, tell us why; constructive criticism and feedback is what helps, not blatantly insulting things without really saying why you dislike them.

This is just to help keep the discussion healthy. It's kind of a mood-killer when people come in, post how crap an update is, and then leave without expanding on it. This isn't really directed at one or two people, just everyone in general.

Now, on topic about the update: I think new reward items are always nice, but the wisdom aura is a little crazy. 40k points for a 2.5% exp boost, 30 minutes every 24 hours? Most of the skilling outfits you wear (lumberjack, gold mining suit, etc.) give that same bonus. I definitely don't think it's worth 40k points.

However, the other stuff does look pretty interesting. I haven't had much time to read about the other new auras or check them out, but it's nice they keep releasing new content for it. Gives us more of a variety of things to buy to customize our style of gameplay a little better.

Shay,

The thing is, that when you expand it sometimes turns into a blatant rant rather than constructive criticism.

I think people are feeling robbed by JaGeX, you really ARE paying to get extra items in-game, and that is RWT, plain and simple. JaGeX are setting rules and breaking them.

I think everybody feels let down by at least 1 update per month (personally I only ever find 1 update per month to actually take an interest in).

Alot of the content that gets added is also dead within a few weeks, allowing the bots to take it over.

JaGeX is plainly milking the players even further by adding these 'upgraded' auras and such, we all have to wonder where this money is going.

[Image: UberSanta.png][Image: 42u3cez]
[Image: zamorak.png]

(2011-09-22 19:11:06)UberSanta Wrote:  
(2011-09-22 15:05:31)Agent Shay Wrote:  Alright guys, I've been monitoring the last few threads and their replies, and it's about time something was mentioned.

Shay,

The thing is, that when you expand it sometimes turns into a blatant rant rather than constructive criticism.

I think people are feeling robbed by JaGeX, you really ARE paying to get extra items in-game, and that is RWT, plain and simple. JaGeX are setting rules and breaking them.

I think everybody feels let down by at least 1 update per month (personally I only ever find 1 update per month to actually take an interest in).

Alot of the content that gets added is also dead within a few weeks, allowing the bots to take it over.

JaGeX is plainly milking the players even further by adding these 'upgraded' auras and such, we all have to wonder where this money is going.

I'm not asking for a full-scale post that covers every aspect as to why people are upset. I agree that would be just a full-on rant. It's just that when people come into a thread, post, "wow this blows" and then they leave it at that-- why not put in some thoughts to why you feel that way? I mean, your post right there just described how you felt about it. That's all I'm asking for. I'm not asking for everyone to be happy with Jagex or their updates; everyone has their own opinions and I respect that.
(2011-09-22 19:40:30)Agent Shay Wrote:  
(2011-09-22 19:11:06)UberSanta Wrote:  

Shay,

I'm not asking for a full-scale post that covers every aspect as to why people are upset. I agree that would be just a full-on rant. It's just that when people come into a thread, post, "wow this blows" and then they leave it at that-- why not put in some thoughts to why you feel that way? I mean, your post right there just described how you felt about it. That's all I'm asking for. I'm not asking for everyone to be happy with Jagex or their updates; everyone has their own opinions and I respect that.

Personally I dont feel people should have to dig deep within themselves to comment on a forum post. We're not being graded after all. When someone says something sucks, I can typically understand where they are coming from. I dont feel an explanation is necessary.

If I think something sucks, thats it. I think it sucks, and really dont have anything else to say. I dont want to have to spend extra energy on a topic that I think sucks and dont want to spend 2 more seconds thinking about it.

Perhaps thats just me though. Feel free to disagree.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]

I apologise for starting the string of unconstructive posts in this topic Shay. I hadn't seen that quote you posted but I appreciate that is not an acceptable excuse. I think this type of forum monitoring is actually very good for the clan. I will make sure to be more constructive with my future posts! smile
[Image: random-dandy.png][Image: jamessigsss.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Old Holiday items for loyalty points Exciled 8 6,335 2014-02-10 05:48:19
Last Post: Bug
  BTS #67 - Value of Loyalty Wader 5 3,773 2013-08-31 23:51:12
Last Post: Dreggstar
  Free Festive Aura for All Members AlchemyHawk 11 7,115 2012-12-01 00:48:43
Last Post: AlchemyHawk
  Loyalty Additions and Lodestone Network Shay 12 8,703 2012-03-15 02:34:24
Last Post: Dave
  New Members' Pricing Shay 26 15,993 2012-01-27 15:27:58