Members’ Loyalty Programme – The New Batch
Thread Closed 

(2011-09-22 21:47:03)l Zephyr l Wrote:  Personally I dont feel people should have to dig deep within themselves to comment on a forum post. We're not being graded after all. When someone says something sucks, I can typically understand where they are coming from. I dont feel an explanation is necessary.

If I think something sucks, thats it. I think it sucks, and really dont have anything else to say. I dont want to have to spend extra energy on a topic that I think sucks and dont want to spend 2 more seconds thinking about it.

Perhaps thats just me though. Feel free to disagree.

^Thank you for reading my mind. Sorry if you saw anything dirty while you where in there.

No one needs to apologize, it's just something I'm bringing up, not getting angry at people for. But thank you Dandy for your response. <3

This forum used to be heavily moderated before I took it over, and I've been really lax with the replies on the threads so far, but I think it's time to draw boundaries. These are threads to discuss new updates with other clan members, and I would like to keep it on a discussion-based level.

"This update means nothing to me." - Well, that post means nothing to me or anyone else. It doesn't belong in a discussion thread. Rather, expand upon it, such as, "This update means nothing to me. I was really hoping they'd release an aura that could help with [insert effective training method here] but it doesn't look like it. I'm pretty disappointed."

Just something constructive like that.

And Zephyr, I do disagree. If someone has the desire to post how much they hate an update, then it wouldn't really take too much extra time to throw an additional sentence or two onto it explaining why. In the way you explain it, the person is so angry about the update, that they can't be bothered with explaining why they hate it. But if they actually hated it THAT much, hated it enough to post about it, it wouldn't really take any effort for them to explain why it bothered them so much. Otherwise they would just stay as far away from the thread as possible instead of posting anything at all.

As I said before, I'm not angry with anyone. I'm just posting this as a heads-up. The previous staff member that ran this thread deleted every single comment that had any sort of negative tone about an update; I'm here to welcome all comments, positive or negative, but I do ask that negative ones at least have a little more reasoning behind them, as it just kills the mood of the discussion when people come in and post one-liners about how Jagex fails or how the update is terrible.

Hopefully this clears everything up. I don't really want to go back to the old method of deleting every negative comment in each thread. Everyone has their own opinions and not everyone is going to like an update, and that is perfectly fine.
I think you summarised that really well Shay and I agree with everything you said! smile

On topic: I still can't decide whether to buy anything with my loyalty points or to save up for one of the more expensive rewards Tongue
[Image: random-dandy.png][Image: jamessigsss.jpg]
Well, my 2 cents in the discussion..This is a forum, where you can vent your opinions about it. Some people can make very big walls of text and others just say 'good, like this' or 'meh, this sucks'. 2 big differences and as people should respect eachother I think you have to respect other persons for their comments, how big or small they are. If we want postcount or something we would just spampost others, post vids, post music, make up new discussions...

If you say that you must not post if it doenst affect you, this topic, this forum section, affects every single RuneScape player, wether you pay to play or even are a free player. Every single gamechange has chain reactions in it. And especially this kind of updates, that are more commercial than they have a real value, are some we can discuss over. And for those discussions, every person may add their thoughts, but not every person had much to say about it.

I dont think the right to react is simply for those who put lots of lines, of even better, noone should say that posts are unworthy of being put down. I respect every opinion, as short or long it is.

And ontopic, like I said in a previoous post and a little in the sentences above, I hate this update, but since its forced into the game, I will take advantage of it and I'm curious about Jack Of Trades.
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
Well well well...

In all honesty, I think giving a small reason as to why you like or dislike the update would be a minimum. I seriously don't thint that a simple "It sucks" comment is saying much. Most of the time I simply skip those posts without even looking who posted it.

And I like reading on forums things related to the update, like the Vyre update a few weeks ago when I was telling what was nice and some tips.

I don't think asking for that much is reasonable but I feel like we need something more then 2 negatives words.

Like what would be the point of reading comments in here if they were all saying "it sucks". Would be pointless to even read...

So please, let us ask for at least a small reason why. And it's not like we force you to post here.
Main: Princess Emiko Yuki
Alt: Princess Revy Chan

I was just trying to offer an opposing viewpoint. Devils advocate if you will. I usually expand upon my replies even a little sometimes.... depending on my mood. It actually doesnt take that much effort. I was only thinking from one side of the argument, but now I see the light of both sides. Cheerio
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
Why not make these update threads with a like/dislike or rate 1-5 poll? I get where you're going with this, but I still think someone ought to be able to weigh in whether or not they have anything to add to the conversation.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
I like how Dave idea for the poll would replace every "it sucks" comments. I think we should try it that way smile
Main: Princess Emiko Yuki
Alt: Princess Revy Chan

As long as the poll doesn't discourage people from posting, I'll give it a try next update. ^_^
I don't mind the idea of a poll to be honest. But I just want to make one thing clear - nobody is asking for walls of text (that's my job), but it's only asked that you add some sort of substance to the discussion that people would say "Oh yeah, that makes sense".

If you say "I don't like this update because its provoking RWT" for example - that's fine Tongue Just tell us why and it's instantly so much more useful to everyone. We'll try the poll thing next time around but don't take any of this to heart guys (just in case), we're just trying to get discussion value on these threads, it makes posting a lot more interesting Tongue
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Old Holiday items for loyalty points Exciled 8 6,335 2014-02-10 05:48:19
Last Post: Bug
  BTS #67 - Value of Loyalty Wader 5 3,773 2013-08-31 23:51:12
Last Post: Dreggstar
  Free Festive Aura for All Members AlchemyHawk 11 7,116 2012-12-01 00:48:43
Last Post: AlchemyHawk
  Loyalty Additions and Lodestone Network Shay 12 8,703 2012-03-15 02:34:24
Last Post: Dave
  New Members' Pricing Shay 26 15,993 2012-01-27 15:27:58
Last Post: Walterc69