"nuking" the bots. lol
Thread Closed 

I have a noob account I didn't train anything on it but mining and I only got it to level 10 and it's still available for me to play if I want.
[Image: KittehPryde.png]
RSN: KittehPryde - Ironman RSN: FallOutPiXeY
[Image: zocnja.jpg]
[Image: 33cyesl.jpg] [Image: 2445z76.jpg]
everything happens for a reason.
live today, like tomorrow is your last.
it's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you are not.
I am pretty sure they did not ban inactive accounts, also I do not think there is anything wrong with calling it bot nuke day. smile

I do not really know how good this update is yet..only time will tell.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

I believe they said that they have banned that many accounts... ever. Not today.
If I don't see you in the future, I'll see you in the pasture.
[Image: Kivandien.png]
QFC 15-16-146-63308684 rs forums, a quote from a botting service about how Jagex changed the game engine
Quote:You have been banned for the following reason:
Level 4 - Spam Bot - If you don't trust us to update, don't come here

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Rofl im trolling a couple of rsbot forums someone gave me a link to Tongue

Hehe woot
[Image: Freewendy.png] [Image: x_3ba634e5-1.gif]

Lmao! Jagex taking no prisonors now.
I hope all the botters become remorseful and change their ways, then Jagex says, it's all right, everyone makes mistakes. And then they call a truce and trade lunches.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
Quote:Posted by DaveZZilla - Today 04:57 AM
I hope all the botters become remorseful and change their ways, then Jagex says, it's all right, everyone makes mistakes. And then they call a truce and trade lunches.

Dave, I'll swap my spam sandwich for your mega pizza roll. Good
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

Shame that following the nuke thousands of players, including myself, cannot login.

RAGE at missing 3x Slayer and bonus pengs D:
[Image: UberSanta.png][Image: 42u3cez]
[Image: zamorak.png]

Jagex are also taking legal actions on induviduals that use bot programs. Read it on RSOF, at work atm so can't link. It's under recent updates.

Basically they are threathening to fine/sue the player 200-2500 USD if they keep using the illegal program.

I think this might be the best update ever smile
[Image: a3ceade7d1.png]
[Image: zam-icon.png][Image: newbh.png]
0 > 1
You guys really believe Jagex is going to sue anybody? Lol...

You cannot sue the botters, they only thing Jagex can do is suspend or ban the accounts according to their Terms of Service. If they change their terms of service on shorthand before a court case they could pursue a criminal lawsuit against Jagex for changing evidence in an ongoing/pending court case. In order to sue for botting, there must be adamant evidence of a player botting in the first person. Playing 24/7 does not mean your a bot, neither does doing the same thing for a long time mean your a bot. SnowKitten proves that players have done longer more repetitive things, and even died for it.

Before I forget nobody has infringed on Jagex's copyright, there was no replication of Jagex's copyrighted material, just developed software that plays the game for you. Also suing for botting would be a civil court case, meaning Jagex can only charge for losses and damages, through botting I believe there are none, $5 a month is beneficial to Jagex, being a business.

I still strongly oppose botting.

Edit: In addition to sue someone internationally it would first have to be presented and won in the Court of International Law. DMCA cases are based loosely on virtual logs that are easily modified and have no standing in actual law practice.
[Image: Rarely_Lucky.png]

[Image: Rarely_Lucky.png]

[Image: spinner_big.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Livestream on Bots Portus 20 12,687 2012-09-18 22:30:17
Last Post: Zooperman
  Landmark Jagex Victory Over Bots in Legal Battle Evaluate 22 13,534 2012-02-04 08:19:20
Last Post: Wendy
  Bots Successfully Nuked Tay 20 11,803 2011-11-13 01:22:23
Last Post: Lilbod
  Bot-Nuking Day: Making RuneScape Fairer and More Fun! Shay 30 18,120 2011-10-27 23:57:32
Last Post: Larry
  bots Honzy 36 23,347 2011-08-15 12:35:00
Last Post: Exciled