Member only hiscores
Thread Closed 

if you're only playing for ranks, you should quit anyway.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
(2011-11-16 00:48:08)l Zephyr l Wrote:  if you're only playing for ranks, you should quit anyway.

tell that to suomi
Is the glass half empty or half full? Neither, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
[Image: EW4yt.gif]
I agree that playing solely for ranks is a pretty poor reason to play, but it is a bit lame to take away the ranks from those competitive F2P players such as Water. Unfortunate.

(2011-11-16 01:05:35)Bowlinmaster Wrote:  
(2011-11-16 00:48:08)l Zephyr l Wrote:  if you're only playing for ranks, you should quit anyway.

tell that to suomi

Suomi plays for the enjoyment, it just so happens that his skills are good enough to be ranked so high. Hah.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
Ranks don't bother me personally. I play a game to have fun, not to stand out to other people. (Inb4 "RuneScape is fun?!")

I think it's unfortunate that F2P will no longer be ranked, but at the same time, it's not a huge deal in comparison to most MMOs. I know I bring that argument up a lot, but meh. XD Yeah, it does seem like Jagex is trying to coax people into buying membership, but hey. They are a business, they already give out quite a bit of stuff for free.

Those are just my thoughts on it. I know people will argue and say that ranks are worth it, but to me they just aren't, sorry. I do agree, however, that it's silly for Jagex to do this, but it doesn't seem like it will make too much of an impact.

Edit: Forgot to mention that it is a lame excuse to say that they are doing it to make it more competitive. Of course they just want to do it for other reasons. XD

Joke? a good portion of players play for ranks, what else is there to do once you have reached 99 in all skills - this statement really gets under my skin it's just as bad as saying "why are you cutting ivy if you're 99"

guess by your opinion I should just quit now because I for one like my thieving rank and try to improve on it.

Honestly, do ppl seriously grind a skill just for pure enjoyment of clicking a mouse button a billion times?

/rage

if everyone just played this game for pure enjoyment and no other reason there would be absolutely NO reason to even have a highscores.

back on topic: I think it's a ridiculous idea of them to remove F2P from highscores, it's purely for marketing purposes to remove them and there are quite a few very good f2P players so basically by removing those players the highscores is no longer fair across the board and isn't accurate, it's just those that pay for membership show up on it, it's also forcing those that are high ranked to remain members so they don't drop back ranks.
I think we should focus more on Zarfot. And less on the other f2p noobs.

1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]
(2011-11-16 01:56:28)Meg Wrote:  

Joke? a good portion of players play for ranks, what else is there to do once you have reached 99 in all skills - this statement really gets under my skin it's just as bad as saying "why are you cutting ivy if you're 99"

guess by your opinion I should just quit now because I for one like my thieving rank and try to improve on it.

Honestly, do ppl seriously grind a skill just for pure enjoyment of clicking a mouse button a billion times?

/rage

if everyone just played this game for pure enjoyment and no other reason there would be absolutely NO reason to even have a highscores.

back on topic: I think it's a ridiculous idea of them to remove F2P from highscores, it's purely for marketing purposes to remove them and there are quite a few very good f2P players so basically by removing those players the highscores is no longer fair across the board and isn't accurate, it's just those that pay for membership show up on it, it's also forcing those that are high ranked to remain members so they don't drop back ranks.

You don't play solely to see a number get smaller and smaller. You play because you "somehow" enjoy thieving.

If you dont enjoy the game though, you should quit. No point sitting around hating everything about it.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
I think Drew's post is pretty much opinion, I do not really like this update at all. It does not affect me much, but as I have played on F2P accounts in the past I know if I was F2P I would be raging.
I don't play just for ranks, but it nice to have good ranks or to get competitive with people.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

What some people dont know was rs1 ( or classic) never had hiscores and still doesn't. people still played the game.
If you find a game enjoyable you play regardless of whether a hiscore is obtained or not
[Image: Freewendy.png] [Image: x_3ba634e5-1.gif]

Yes I am aware of that, but the majority of classic players want highscores, there are big thread about it on the classic part of the forums. Yes you can obviously have fun without highscores, otherwise this update would mean every F2P would quit, but having a highscores makes the games more enjoyable for most people.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spot the Surreal Member! Meg 66 34,822 2012-04-27 22:52:55
Last Post: Witch
  Answered Just became member today. :) Skyrim 7 4,872 2012-01-06 16:45:28
Last Post: Shay