Member only hiscores
Thread Closed 

One of the new updates is going to be member only hiscores.
I think its a good move on Jagex part as it helps to remove botted hiscores.
[Image: Freewendy.png] [Image: x_3ba634e5-1.gif]

I can see alot of F2P players complaining about this once it is fully implemented.

However as a life-time member it doesn't really affect me, and I don't use the Highscores anyway Tongue
[Image: UberSanta.png][Image: 42u3cez]
[Image: zamorak.png]

I'm kinda "Meh" on this...

If Jagex's main reason is to keep the high scores "fresh" then they should just remove accounts that have not logged in X amount of time. Not F2P. F2P are competitors also when it comes to the high scores, so they can't just be neglected.

If anyone says F2P can't compete with members there are plenty that are like this player ---> Water.

This update doesn't affect me at all, but it's just not fair and an annoying marketing scheme. High scores doesn't even add any value to the actual gameplay, so why restrict this for only members?

Just my opinion...
[Image: your+ad+10.jpg]
Sweet. Prolly the best update of the year.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
Well, if they're making a member's only highscore, then I hope that they would also make an F2P highscores and definitely keep the mix of both. However, the likelihood of Jagex doing something like that for F2P is ludicrous.
Im unsure about this update. Personally it does not affect me as i don't give up members when im playing runescape, however i do think its unfair to F2P players as others have said, they can compete. I think its a cheap move by jagex just to get more members since they killed off botters. Its all about the money....
First you have one thing wrong wendy. If you lose membership and come back you get put back at same equivalent rank (ex 1st place 200m you come back as 1st place 200m instead of going to bottom of 200m ranks. Mat K had it wrong when he first stated that that was what happened he corrected himself in a later post)

Second I think this is a horrible move on Jagex's part. All this will do is make the hiscores totally useless. Their reason for removing F2P from the hiscores is bull and F2P deserve their rankings more than P2P just due to the fact of how much harder it is to train in F2P. Also this just makes Jagex look horrible when they claim to be the #1 FREE MMORPG when the free players don't even show up on the hiscores. This will also cause a lot of F2P players to quit for good and drive away a good protion of members forever. Not to mention F2P will probably die due to this cause they will have no motivation to train skills at all due to no competition. And if F2P dies the RS as a whole won't be far behind it due to no more members coming in and more and more leaving. This would be close to the final nail in the coffin for RS if Jagex goes through with it.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
Quote:First you have one thing wrong wendy. If you lose membership and come back you get put back at same equivalent rank (ex 1st place 200m you come back as 1st place 200m instead of going to bottom of 200m ranks. MMG had it wrong when he first stated that that was what happened he corrected himself in a later post)

I wrote what mod said, sorry it doesn't make me wrong Tongue, as you said mod got it wrong !
[Image: Freewendy.png] [Image: x_3ba634e5-1.gif]

Zarfot will get removed ShokShok

RIP
1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]
I don't think I really like this. They say they are making it more competitive by making it members only but obviously they just trying to create another incentive to buy members to make more money.

If they really want to make it competitive they should do what this guy says:
[Image: e33f69726547bc692ece6d3.png]

Also I think since they are doing this they should add something like a f2p hiscores. Because without the hiscores, what really would be the incentive to play f2p?

=========================

As for the 200m xp issue:
Quote:If a rank one 200m loses membership temporarily they will be added back at the bottom of the 200m list and no longer be first. This should deal with the problem of botters in the hiscores so you should all gain a considerable amount of ranks. The ranks will be much more legitimate.

Mat.
Quote:Mod Mat K Jagex Mod
15-Nov-2011 17:27:04

Ok, it looks like if you are a member with a 200M skill and you lose membership you will be ranked back into your previous position.

Mat.

================
EDIT: The point I'm trying to make since they are trying to make it competitive what's the point of playing f2p without ranks. I'm not taking any of the "social" or "enjoyment" issues into account. Those are of course different. Try and understand my argument before you try and bash it.
Is the glass half empty or half full? Neither, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
[Image: EW4yt.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spot the Surreal Member! Meg 66 34,621 2012-04-27 22:52:55
Last Post: Witch
  Answered Just became member today. :) Skyrim 7 4,856 2012-01-06 16:45:28
Last Post: Shay