Member only hiscores
Thread Closed 

(2011-11-16 03:05:40)Wendy Wrote:  What some people dont know was rs1 ( or classic) never had hiscores and still doesn't. people still played the game.
If you find a game enjoyable you play regardless of whether a hiscore is obtained or not

rs classic had a hiscore before rs2 came out :S

It doesn't now that we have rs2 since that's not the game they focus to update anymore and there's no real point to providing a highscore to something that's mostly just around for nostalgic purposes or the newer players to experience what people had to originally do to train skills.

OT:

The idea of members being removed from the highscores is abit silly if they're not members. It destroys what effort the players representing amazing xp gains in f2p's efforts. So I do believe it should keep f2p in the highscores.

People that are removed from the highscores that aren't p2p anymore, I'm more seeing as the people who aren't playing runescape anymore and to be honest I don't see too much of a problem with. It allows some players who aren't on the front page of the highscores to now have a chance again to get onto it and be seen. The people who have quit aren't exactly going to care about what people think about them on a game they used to play, if they begin to think about the game again they'll most likely come back to play and thus get back onto the highscores again with their previous rank before leaving reattained.

My opinion is that instead of deciding on who's on the highscores because of being p2p or f2p, could be instead decided upon if they have logged in say within the past year (in game or just on the site, so that you could reattain your rank even if a proxy is stopping you from logging into the game).
[Image: Exbajalator.png][Image: Exbajalator.png]
[Image: 2q00m8h.jpg]
[Image: nMqpp.png]
=:-:=  Live Young, Have Fun And May Tomorrow Never Come =:-:=
I really don't like the idea of ppl being removed at all unless they have been found to have not legitimately earnt the xp they have, who cares if they don't play anymore? they earnt that xp and should remain in the highscore until someone overtakes them - I've never really cared for the big name ranks or anything but I just don't feel like this is fair.

doubt i'll be giving much thought to the new highscores seeing as they'll just be a load of bullshit anyway once they implement the change.
I personally agree and dont agree about this update. I do agree with the fact if people who've botted there way up the hi-scores to get ranks then yes rightfully so they should be removed. But if someone who's worked on a skill for so long legitimately and quit and lost there rank...that is not right, also not professional.

Now I'm maxed I'm going to play for ranks because I want to be seen as a successful RS Player. I'm never from this point on taking off RS Members because I would hate to lose a rank I worked my ass off for.

/brb owning.
This is outragous. Im free to play, Highscores are a big part of the free community, it keeps the competativeness in free!
This also makes me lose motivation to get 200M in a stat, which is something I really wanted one day. Being ranked in highscores forever sounded awesome, but now it won't matter.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

I have mixed feelings about this update tbh, although I am partly waiting for the actual release in an attempt to try not to jump to conclusions Tongue I do like the idea of removing the bots from the hiscores, however I don't think removing all of f2p players from it is the best way to do that >.>
[Image: random-dandy.png][Image: jamessigsss.jpg]
And Jagex have posted a bullshit FAQ on this. After reading this Jagex have confirmed that their reason is bullshit.

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/fo...2,63382107
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
I can understand their reasoning..I just don't agree with it.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

After reading the faq, I feel like they put the important/big questions in there just to make people feel like they're being heard, then proceeded to answer them like a politician or not at all.

Sure, the integrity of the game & highscores is important, and I don't mind having a separate members table, but people are making it clear that they would rather have a separate f2p highscore table even if they can't purge it of bots.

The issue of dormant/previous members being removed is a big one too. I don't mind the idea that I will no longer have to compete with players who stopped playing and became irrelevant years ago, but I hate to think I'll fall out of existence, as they put it, as soon as I stop giving them money. This one is a particularly sore subject for me, as someone who in the past has been an on-and-off player and not had a continuous membership for longer than maybe 2 or 3 months at a time. I'm getting tired of being pressured into paying for this game when I'm not playing it.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
Ok I have mixed feelings about this. I like the Idea they want to keep it fresh and updated but I don't think they should get rid of F2P High Scores. Having a F2P Noob that I like to play on from time to time and occasionally get members on I like seeing the stuff she has made to the high scores list.

Also Meg is right, once you get 99 in every skill there isn't a whole lot to work on after that but gaining ranks. Yes some people are allot more competitive then others, I love gaining ranks when I do, One of my dream goals is eventually to get 200M Woodcutting xp and I would love 200M Farming. There is nothing wrong with gaining ranks as long as your having fun doing it. Which playing RS is suppose to be just about having fun, making friends, enjoying skills.
[Image: KittehPryde.png]
RSN: KittehPryde - Ironman RSN: FallOutPiXeY
[Image: zocnja.jpg]
[Image: 33cyesl.jpg] [Image: 2445z76.jpg]
everything happens for a reason.
live today, like tomorrow is your last.
it's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you are not.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spot the Surreal Member! Meg 66 34,822 2012-04-27 22:52:55
Last Post: Witch
  Answered Just became member today. :) Skyrim 7 4,872 2012-01-06 16:45:28
Last Post: Shay