Poll: Do you support this idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
16 50.00%
No
16 50.00%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

2007 - Old School RuneScape... You Vote!
Thread Closed 

(2013-02-19 05:42:48)Evaluate Wrote:  
(2013-02-19 03:46:13)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  
(2013-02-19 00:33:34)Evaluate Wrote:  There's a rumor that the last few days the poll will be opened for Free to Play votes.
I sure hope not, that would be ridiculously stupid.

It's not completely unreasonable, they said if the vote gets to 750k it's be released to free players as well. Idk if they actually will but it wouldn't be completely outlandish if they did.

Besides that, I'm sure they realize it's going to be an absolute disaster if it costs $15 + the normal membership fee to play, and might not do great at $5 either. I suspect it's not true, but it makes sense from the standpoint that better results would be favorable to Jagex as well as the players.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
(2013-02-19 00:33:34)Evaluate Wrote:  There's a rumor that the last few days the poll will be opened for Free to Play votes.

It's not completely unreasonable, they said if the vote gets to 750k it's be released to free players as well. Idk if they actually will but it wouldn't be completely outlandish if they did.

To me that is completely ridicolously for several reasons. First of all they have stated its member only several times and back it up with solid reasoning, so they would be going back on their word. Secondly as some of their reasons, anyone could just make a bunch of accounts and vote so many times, they could easily get the votes needed. This poll is supposed to show many people would actually play, if they did that the results would be all skewed.
I would be more ok with it if they added something like your account has to be a few months old already, but even then many people have tons of other accounts they could vote on (I probably have like 5).

The fact they are promoting it so extremely shows what I have seen several other times, they have indeed made up their minds already. I don't mind this, it just seems obvious to me now. With this the votes have increased and I believe it will hit the 250K now, however I still likely won't play on the severs for more than the first free month unless it hits 500K, which I am 99% sure it won't get too even now.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

(2013-02-21 03:09:17)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  -snip-

It's member's only for now, they wouldn't neccessarily be going back on their word if they decided to say "we figured since f2p might be able to play they should get a say."

And even if you still consider that going back on their word, well, it's still JaGex.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
(2013-02-21 03:09:17)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  

To me that is completely ridicolously for several reasons. First of all they have stated its member only several times and back it up with solid reasoning, so they would be going back on their word. Secondly as some of their reasons, anyone could just make a bunch of accounts and vote so many times, they could easily get the votes needed. This poll is supposed to show many people would actually play, if they did that the results would be all skewed.
I would be more ok with it if they added something like your account has to be a few months old already, but even then many people have tons of other accounts they could vote on (I probably have like 5).

The fact they are promoting it so extremely shows what I have seen several other times, they have indeed made up their minds already. I don't mind this, it just seems obvious to me now. With this the votes have increased and I believe it will hit the 250K now, however I still likely won't play on the severs for more than the first free month unless it hits 500K, which I am 99% sure it won't get too even now.

MMG did state that if they got within like 20k votes of 500k he might go ahead and smidge it up.

And MMG stated firmly that they will not open the poll to f2p period.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
(2013-02-21 03:50:41)Evaluate Wrote:  It's member's only for now, they wouldn't neccessarily be going back on their word if they decided to say "we figured since f2p might be able to play they should get a say."

And even if you still consider that going back on their word, well, it's still JaGex.
I wasn't saying they wouldn't do it necessarily, just saying why it would be silly for them do so. Tongue

(2013-02-21 03:52:52)Gohankuten Wrote:  MMG did state that if they got within like 20k votes of 500k he might go ahead and smidge it up.

And MMG stated firmly that they will not open the poll to f2p period.
That is good, for both these things! I still doubt it will get that close, but you never know.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

This may have already been posted, but just an FYI, they're planning on releasing the 2007 servers this Friday

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/old...out-the-qa
Adventurer's Log | Exp Tracker | Goals & Achievements
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
"Please can I ask everyone to be tolerant and understanding of any challenges we might face together."

Sounds fun.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
I MIGHT pay for the '07 server to keep a diy account as someone else said earlier here. It will be so much easier to actually follow the rules of diy being we have no G.E.

I could see myself finishing my goal of maxing then just playing OSS for awhile before coming back, except to make my monthly attendance ofc :p
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
I have absolutely no desire whatsoever of starting up on OSRS(I won't use OSS cause a translation group I like uses that abbreviation) because I know it just won't last. It would just be a waste of both my time and Jagex's time.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
I have no interests in doing osrs if it requires payments :\

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funny runescape memes Oxide 1 6,479 2018-07-16 09:19:37
Last Post: Meg
  Your RuneScape Shopping List (DXP) Crazy Nurse 17 12,303 2018-02-01 15:01:30
Last Post: JeliBelski
  12/12/2016 Runescape Update! PiXeYstyx 3 3,589 2016-12-14 13:31:16
Last Post: PiXeYstyx
  Problems with accessing RuneScape? ChangingLane 1 2,748 2016-10-21 21:59:26