Loyalty Programme - First Impression
Thread Closed 

@AwzmSauze - Thanks for the re-post, I see more what you're talking about now.

I agree F2P missing out on an item slot entirely is kind of...idk how to really say it...lame perhaps is the word, but it's nothing really new in the world of gaming. People who pay more get better stuff. Is Jagex going against their original ideals and such, yes, which, don't get me wrong, saddens me. Content used to be a lot better than now, but I don't blame them for their marketing tactics. Why should I, if they're successful.

And I see also what you're saying about marketing them as something special when they're really just a normal sort of update, and I can't fault you for being annoyed. I myself am a little annoyed at all the hyping they're doing, but again, that's the world of marketing.

As for the last bit about the online store, I 100% agree that it would do no good whatsoever. Microtransactions would take the cake for most stupid update Jagex has released. However, I prefer to look at it with an "innocent until proven guilty" demeanor, and not fault them for something they haven't done. Yet.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Bring back Andrew and Paul FFS!!!!!!

They made a free game to showcase their skills and ideas.
They made members cheap so people could afford it but also allowed them to progress
They logged in after every update to check players views and opinions, offering tweaks
They interacted with the community, and answered our questions
They were gamers, they had passion, they made a great game

It's sad givers are a rare breed now. Everyone is looking for new ways to make money, and it makes me so angry I could cry. This is not a rant about current updates, this is a rant about the love of money and the evil it brings. I'm going to go listen to the beatles now and put a smile on my face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCX3ZNDZAwY&feature=fvst
[Image: jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif]
[Image: elucin8er.png]
[Image: loyalty.jpg]
[Image: aura.jpg]
[Image: Pokemon_logo___Umbreon_by_PrinzeBur.gif]
(2011-06-25 01:20:26)Meg Wrote:  
(2011-06-25 01:19:23)Kyle Wrote:  The rewards look horrible. Jagex should be focusing on releasing better content, because there hasn't been anything worthwhile in the past few months.

this

Makes 3
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
[Image: Aurasstats.jpg]
I just hope this aura thing or anything else they hand out to "loyal" members don't give them too much of an advantage (or any advantage at all other than looks) over other players.
I had a dream I was king. I woke up, still king.
[Image: sigforkiller.png]
Not a big fan of this so far... we'll see how it looks when it's actually put in the game, I guess.
(2011-06-25 22:00:15)`Killer Wrote:  [Image: Aurasstats.jpg]
I just hope this aura thing or anything else they hand out to "loyal" members don't give them too much of an advantage (or any advantage at all other than looks) over other players.
I doubt they will be able to be used in F2P and membership prior to the update doesnt count for anything, so everyone will be on equal for playing field for now. I agree that I hope they dont have rewards that give too much of an advantage, because in 1-2 years time when new members join I dont want them to be discouraged.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Upon revisiting the idea, I've noticed some seem to think that by offering them through membership only that newer players will be put at a disadvantage. However, aren't they always? Newer players don't get the fastest training methods, the best items, or the most money in the game simply because they're new to the game. I applaud Jagex for this fact.

But also revisiting the concept, Jagex has successfully created something bots can't have. I believe I heard the average bot lifetime is 1-6 months, after that they are usually discarded and moved onto a different account. What Jagex is doing is releasing items and other objects that might be useful in PVP for instance, and making this a time period items. So an account who has botted for 1-2 months and is ready to officially "PK" will be put at a disadvantage and won't have the best items.

Another thing we examine is the complaints that "older" members won't receive anything better from newer members, since you begin collecting Loyalty reward points after the update is released. But this is really just a business prospect. Older members have played for a long time, Jagex has little doubt that they will cancel their subscriptions and no longer be members, while newer players are harder to keep. By offering rewards, they can ensure that at least 50% of each side will remain the way it is, a smart business tactic.

Overall I'd say I would give this a 4/5. It's not horrible, but it could use some work.
1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]
I'm actually quite worried about rwt (posted this in january yet) ++

Jagex always make updates for new players, and this update is one that is complained about by players who play already a long time and they say that this update does not support older players, but... People that start in now start with the same advantages. People that find out about runescape in 2 months will not only start with a mayor leap behind in skills and quests, but also in this. I fear that less newer players will be lured in the game in the following years. Jagex is digging a grave.
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
I actually really like some of the rewards from this. The auras don't appeal to me
much, though. The outfits look pretty cool; I wanna try getting one version of each Biggrin. I also like the new titles, but I think it would be cool to have titles with our clan initials, so we wouldn't have to change our display names
to "SRL ______."

Also, it's pretty lulzy that they added a facepalm and ROFL emote.
I had a dream I was king. I woke up, still king.
[Image: sigforkiller.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Old Holiday items for loyalty points Exciled 8 6,335 2014-02-10 05:48:19
Last Post: Bug
  BTS #67 - Value of Loyalty Wader 5 3,772 2013-08-31 23:51:12
Last Post: Dreggstar
  Loyalty Additions and Lodestone Network Shay 12 8,702 2012-03-15 02:34:24
Last Post: Dave
  Loyalty Programme - Batch 3 Shay 17 9,805 2011-12-09 20:23:47
Last Post: Bowlinmaster
  Loyalty points. mrpurematty 32 16,674 2011-10-10 08:58:04